New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 27, 2015, 10:30 AM
Find More Posts by headlessagain
Reap the wild wind
Bristol,UK
Joined Feb 2007
5,291 Posts
Same here. Any amendments to the correx plan? I was thinking that the fuse could be built out of 3mm depron covered in laminating film/new stuff as it would be easier to form.
Andy
headlessagain is online now Find More Posts by headlessagain
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 27, 2015, 04:02 PM
Find More Posts by Dukejet
Australia, QLD, Biloela
Joined Aug 2012
795 Posts
Thanks guys. The council burnt off the last of the long grass. So I gad to go "balls to the wall" on the cricket oval. The flight was short because I was shaking so much. A LOT of work in this one given I was making it up as I went alone ( apart from the awesome build videos) .
Auw-1025g's ......battery is 209g , frame 816g
The fuse, tail freathers are 6mm depron and the wing is 3mm. The spar is 6mm depron laminated between two 1.5mm balsa sheets and apoxied. Didn't have "yard stick". Most of the formers have this as well. Motor mount is 3ply aprox 8mm thick. In the video you'll see I show off the hatch, set between the two formers. All bits are cut and placed as the plan states.
The wing join has 2 cf rods as pins for the L/e fixture. The T/e has 3mm balsa from the mid brace back so the screws have something strong enough to brace the wing. In side the fuse as well of course. Canopy is a piece of a 2.5ltr soft drink bottle.
Even with the strength of 6mm I had to put 6mm stringers between the formers over the wing. So I don't know about a 3mm fuse.
Dukejet is offline Find More Posts by Dukejet
Old Aug 30, 2015, 07:10 AM
Find More Posts by Sean Oelofse
.....till the wind drops.
Port Elizabeth, South Africa
Joined Oct 2006
3,837 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukejet View Post
Woohooooo! Baby she flys great! .......
Well done Dj!!!......Great maiden.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pistnbroke View Post
Hey Sean,

is your brother into this hobby too?
yes......... More helicopters and FPV. ... but twist his arm and take him with to the slope next time you go!

Sean Oelofse is offline Find More Posts by Sean Oelofse
Old Aug 30, 2015, 08:15 AM
Find More Posts by pistnbroke
absolutely maybe
Australia, WA, Currambine
Joined Apr 2011
707 Posts
Originally Posted by pistnbroke

Hey Sean,

is your brother into this hobby too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Oelofse View Post
yes......... More helicopters and FPV. ... but twist his arm and take him with to the slope next time you go!

hmmm ok, what if I tell him we know you from here....will he still speak to us?

do you know where he's flying from in Perth?

There are a couple of guys from South Africa that fly FPV where I fly....all the SA people appear to know each other here

Regards
Ian
pistnbroke is offline Find More Posts by pistnbroke
Old Aug 30, 2015, 02:35 PM
Find More Posts by Sean Oelofse
.....till the wind drops.
Port Elizabeth, South Africa
Joined Oct 2006
3,837 Posts

I'll WA him and PM you.

Sean Oelofse is offline Find More Posts by Sean Oelofse