GymDandy Flyer
Webb City, Missouri
Joined Apr 2004
620 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jared View Post
Thanks Ken for the follow-up!
Hi, Jared
Yes, I agree with Hank, your military type marking look great also. The Triton is a fantasy aircraft, something created from my own imagination. So, anything goes for markings and decoration. I think as long as the modeler building the model is happy, this should be the only person he should have to please.
I looked at your pictures of the wing in the post above. By clipping off the outer trailing edge tip, it appears and looks like it might have caused wash-out in the outer wing tips. Where the leading edge of the wing is lower then the trailing edge of the wing. This could possible cause a downward force on the wing tip itself, thus causing the wing float to be pushed down into the water on takeoffs and could cause very poor steering control capability. I will just have to look into this some more and get back with you later.
Keep Them Flying! , Your new friend, Ken
Ken Spencer is offline Find More Posts by Ken Spencer
to remove ads between posts
Old May 23, 2015, 06:34 PM
Find More Posts by HanksGB
confused poet
USA, CA, Orange
Joined Feb 2004
1,079 Posts
Ken et all

I flew my triton off water today. I took it to a local park with a pretty big pond. After some taxi tests I opened up the throttle and she popped off the water. The air was very rough coming through the trees so I justmade a quick lap or two and landed. We found a club that flys off a different pond we are going to try and join and fly there in the future. Any way I'm happy.

Hank
HanksGB is online now Find More Posts by HanksGB