SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Today, 03:19 AM
Find More Posts by jabz
Joined Dec 2014
2 Posts
Hello AXN lovers!

Thought I might weigh in on the spar ripping out the bottom of the wing issue.
After many hours of sifting through this feed, YouTube and seeing my wife's crafty uncle Coongoola's job on his bixler. 50mm clear fabric tape (aka extreme packaging tape) along the spar cover was the go. I've also added a some go faster strips using the same type of tape, but coloured to the outboard part of wing. With the two onboard stripes picking up the end of the spare. After more than 10 hours of throwing this thing around, and loading the pants out of the wings. I'm pleased to say that nether the tape, or the spare cover have shown signs of stress. I'll also point out that my spare is removable. I have a small car so gluing it in wasn't an option. This is how she turned out
jabz is offline Find More Posts by jabz
to remove ads between posts
Old Today, 04:44 AM
Find More Posts by coongoola
"long stretch of water..."
Australia, NSW, Stuarts Point
Joined Jun 2014
412 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jabz View Post
Hello AXN lovers!

Thought I might weigh in on the spar ripping out the bottom of the wing issue.
After many hours of sifting through this feed, YouTube and seeing my wife's crafty uncle Coongoola's job on his bixler. 50mm clear fabric tape (aka extreme packaging tape) along the spar cover was the go. I've also added a some go faster strips using the same type of tape, but coloured to the outboard part of wing. With the two onboard stripes picking up the end of the spare. After more than 10 hours of throwing this thing around, and loading the pants out of the wings. I'm pleased to say that nether the tape, or the spare cover have shown signs of stress. I'll also point out that my spare is removable. I have a small car so gluing it in wasn't an option. This is how she turned out
And here's one of Jabz's aerials to show how she flies. Had my Mobius velcroed behind the canopy.

What a great plane !

Pat

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=Vq1_WtQMqEc
coongoola is offline Find More Posts by coongoola