New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 20, 2015, 06:37 PM
Find More Posts by agentorange90
Joined Dec 2014
234 Posts
Discussion
Night Vapor wing maintenance

I've been flying the Night Vapor around my yard. So far it flies great. I had a few minor wrecks but no damage. The only weak point I see in this plane is the main wing which is getting some wear. What kind of tape do you guys use to repair any wing damage? I'm not sure the clear packing tape I have isn't too heavy. Anyhow, not an issue at this point but just wondering.
agentorange90 is offline Find More Posts by agentorange90
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 21, 2015, 06:29 PM
Find More Posts by papadwight
United States, TN, Murfreesboro
Joined Apr 2013
1,065 Posts
I have used a packing tape just not a full big peace.
papadwight is online now Find More Posts by papadwight
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Karthryn Flying Model Simulator
Old Jan 22, 2015, 09:53 PM
Find More Posts by agentorange90
Joined Dec 2014
234 Posts
Thanks. If it comes to that I'l do the same. The only thing I don't like about this plane is the material they use on the wing. It's really a weak plastic.
agentorange90 is offline Find More Posts by agentorange90
Old Jan 25, 2015, 12:22 PM
Find More Posts by Bradley Crandall
Joined Apr 2005
549 Posts
I have an original Vapor . One day I wanted to fly it but noticed rips in the wings . I am thinking I might use plastic bags as wing material . Just wondering if anyone has tried it .
Bradley Crandall is offline Find More Posts by Bradley Crandall
Old Jan 27, 2015, 02:02 PM
Find More Posts by soar-ne
soar-ne
omaha ne
Joined May 2005
771 Posts
Yes Bradley it has been done. A friend of mine used a shopping bag from Target dept store to recover his Vapor. Looked very good with the design on it. He used a contact cement as the glue. The kind that stays sort of rubbery when dry. Think it was called Fabric Tac or something like that. Also have seen them covered with the Mylar party balloon stuff. I have a original Vapor also that has patches on patches that I need to recover also.......

Bob M.
soar-ne is offline Find More Posts by soar-ne