SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 01, 2012, 11:50 AM
United States, CA, Sacramento
Joined Jan 2010
3,061 Posts
Discussion
Albatros D.Va 25e ARF by E-flite

Ok, this is the one. I have been contemplating the one by Maxford for many months, but I'm sure this is the real deal!

http://www.horizonhobby.com/products...5e-arf-EFL4605

OUCH at the $330 priice tag though!
restlessswind is offline Find More Posts by restlessswind
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 01, 2012, 12:27 PM
Field of Dreams Flyer
San Pedro,Ca
Joined Sep 2004
9,541 Posts
Thats Horizon for you. Its the box and nice pics they put on the box. Notice how FMS comes in a plain box with some pics
Mikemynameis is offline Find More Posts by Mikemynameis
Old Feb 01, 2012, 12:38 PM
Huge member!
Pawtucket R.I.
Joined May 2008
480 Posts
In all fairness,its not just a bunch of foam either! Like apples and oranges sort of. Im so glad its at least part RED!Brutus
BRUTUS2238 is offline Find More Posts by BRUTUS2238
Old Feb 01, 2012, 12:40 PM
Prescott, Arizona
Joined Feb 2010
6,905 Posts
Wait a year the price will drop!

Great looking model. Some WW1 guys will be very happy.
TripleW is offline Find More Posts by TripleW
Old Feb 01, 2012, 12:48 PM
Closed Account
Joined Apr 2008
3,402 Posts
It's really nice, but where are the specs??? what's the span?

I will pass only because I have a 52" PLH one, but I'm most likely to get the PZ foam alby.
Nice model HH
BrentP is offline Find More Posts by BrentP
Old Feb 01, 2012, 12:55 PM
USA, MD, Hagerstown
Joined Jun 2009
3,366 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleW View Post
Wait a year the price will drop!

Great looking model. Some WW1 guys will be very happy.
That's what I'll be doing with this one. Looks really nice though. With a little luck it will take the MC-35 servos I have left over from my At-6.

Dave. Get them IT boys to work and get the specs up on these new listings. More pics too please. Have to see if I can fit my ham hands in the hatch for battery swaps.
V2rider is offline Find More Posts by V2rider
Old Feb 01, 2012, 02:05 PM
Jagd Flieger
Canada, ON, Mississauga
Joined Apr 2011
206 Posts
That's one beautifully detailed plane, it is being released at the same time as the Parkzone Albatross?

Sabastian
Sabastian is offline Find More Posts by Sabastian
Old Feb 01, 2012, 02:20 PM
JR Americas
United States, NC, Greensboro
Joined Oct 2006
64 Posts
Guys,

The specs are an oversight on my part. I am working on entering them into the system now.

FWIW, the span is 53", 755 squares total wing area, 44" fuse length, and around 5 1/2 lbs empty. It's been a lot of fun developing and I'm very happy with how the airplane has turned out.

As far as the price tag, there is quite a bit done for you. This airplane can be in the air in around 5 hours, as there is NO gluing that is required. The tail feathers are attached at the factory, as well as being hinged with the scale hinges. The hinge point-type hinges for the ailerons are glued in as well. The most detailed portion of the build is installing the flying wires, if you choose to do so. It's much like building a car or a helicopter- everything simply bolts on. Coupled with the level of detail, the quality of the airplane, and the included spinner (which is not a shape that is offered by any of the manufacturers, and would be probably be north of $40 if you were to buy one separately if you could find one), I think most will find that this airplane is actually an exceptional value. I'll work on getting the specs up by the end of the day, since they have to go through the web team first.
Ryan Smith is online now Find More Posts by Ryan Smith
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 01, 2012, 02:22 PM
Joined May 2011
482 Posts
A real beauty, but out of my size/price range unfortunately.
PepeM is offline Find More Posts by PepeM
Old Feb 01, 2012, 03:11 PM
Closed Account
Joined Apr 2008
3,402 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryansmith View Post
It's much like building a car or a helicopter- everything simply bolts on.
I realy like the bolts togeather like a car bit

Speaking of the aluminum spinner will it be available as a seperate part?

The ABS one on my PLH alby is not good and vibrates a lot even with mods so being it is also a 53" span I hoping I can snag an eflite spinner and make it work if the dia. is right.

As a comparison I paid $360 for the PLH alby complete with motor ESC and 4 servos (yes probably no name stuff but metal BL and all the electronics work fine) plus add shipping to that from the states to Canada think it was about $60.

So I paid $420 and love the plane and didn't mind the price for the value.

The PLH weighs in at just over 4lbs loaded, so lighter, but after flying the H9 D7 at over a pound over the recommended weight it flies awesome, so I don't doubt this will be an awesome flyer even at the weight. Oops just noticed eflites is 5.5lbs empty.....is that without any electronics or without the batt??

Don't need one but if it was $330 at the LHS (i.e. no shipping) I think there is value. As mentioned the price may come down some like the P-51B did so then it will be even better value.

Nice plane nice details nice work HH

p.s. the bonus is if it's too pricey or too big you can snag the PZ one........it will be hard to pass on that one lol
Last edited by BrentP; Feb 01, 2012 at 03:42 PM.
Old Feb 01, 2012, 03:18 PM
Closed Account
Joined Apr 2008
3,402 Posts
oops I just realized I paid a preorder price on the PLH alby and it was $299 with all the electronics and with free shipping in the states I believe (I still paid about 50 - 60 for the shipping).

Sorry for the mis info in the last post.

still the eflite's a beauty and it's ...well.... an eflite
Old Feb 01, 2012, 04:13 PM
JR Americas
United States, NC, Greensboro
Joined Oct 2006
64 Posts
Empty weight is airplane assembled with equipment installed (Power 32 in this case) including flying wires, cockpit kit, and pull-pull elevator, no battery. This is the heavier end of the spectrum, lighter airplanes will be closer to five pounds. Even decked out with all of the details and optional accessories installed and a 4S/Power 32 setup, the airplane flies incredibly light.

The spinner diameter is 93mm and it will be available as a separate part.
Ryan Smith is online now Find More Posts by Ryan Smith
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 01, 2012, 04:21 PM
Joined Jan 2012
47 Posts
Please why does everyone always bash the best
richardll is offline Find More Posts by richardll
Old Feb 01, 2012, 04:29 PM
Closed Account
Joined Apr 2008
3,402 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryansmith View Post
Empty weight is airplane assembled with equipment installed (Power 32 in this case) including flying wires, cockpit kit, and pull-pull elevator, no battery. This is the heavier end of the spectrum, lighter airplanes will be closer to five pounds. Even decked out with all of the details and optional accessories installed and a 4S/Power 32 setup, the airplane flies incredibly light.

The spinner diameter is 93mm and it will be available as a separate part.
Thanks Ryan much appreciate the answers Yes I have no doubt it will fly like a WW1 should and not like a WW2 fighter

very cool that the spinner will be seperate. I assure you I am not trying to flood this thread with stuff about other manufacturers but I will most likely buy that spinner, thanks for providing that dia. I will mearure mine. PLH may have sold a bunch of theirs so more guys might be intrested in the spinner as well.

Thanks again for the info.

For the record I'm not bashing, but I am comparing with the exact same size balsa model so I hope my points are fair.

This plane is purdy
Old Feb 01, 2012, 04:33 PM
USA, MD, Hagerstown
Joined Jun 2009
3,366 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by richardll View Post
Please why does everyone always bash the best
Don't let it bug you. There will always be someone pop in early and make a bad comparison, or complain of price before the details come out.(Guilty) The price looked high for an ARF to me, but hearing what all is done for us it justifies the price to me. Nice size, only thing I need to wait for is to see how it handles a grass field. And for my wallet to recover from the H9 p-40B that I think I'll have to have first.
V2rider is offline Find More Posts by V2rider
Last edited by V2rider; Feb 01, 2012 at 04:35 PM. Reason: ...