SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Yesterday, 05:29 PM
Find More Posts by Blaze0021
United States, CO, Highlands Ranch
Joined Apr 2015
1,163 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhoov128 View Post
I wouldn't know. Nothing looks stupider than a warbird flying around doing passes and aerobatics and combat maneuvers with its wheels down. Never ever do my planes wear 'em. But I'll take your word for it!
It depends where Im flying. If it's David Lorenz with AstroTurf, wheels are down. If it's Dove Valley with its grassy plains, wheels are off. If anything, wheels down makes a great opportunity to hone your landings to greasy perfection. This Warbird with her wheels down noseover sensitivity will certainly let you know.
Blaze0021 is online now Find More Posts by Blaze0021
to remove ads between posts
Old Yesterday, 08:59 PM
Find More Posts by jbrooks01
New Bethlehem, Pa
Joined Nov 2006
1,031 Posts
Am going out flying tomorrow. It is our club fun fly. http://balsabusters.com/ I am looking forward to it. If you are in the area stop in and get a Hot Dog. John
jbrooks01 is offline Find More Posts by jbrooks01
Old Today, 03:10 AM
Find More Posts by Blaze0021
United States, CO, Highlands Ranch
Joined Apr 2015
1,163 Posts
My First Night Flight

Best viewed in Fullscreen and HD! I performed my first RC Night Flight with the SCS (2S Brushless) Icarus. The Wing Orientation Lights and the docile nature (even with a 2S Brushless system) of the Icarus made this first flight in pitch black darkness capable. Night Flying was a whole new experience.. as I realized that my depth perception was greatly minimized and that I had to rely mostly on the Wing Orientation Lights to guide me through the night sky. Setting up the landing approach was also a bit tricky as it was a challenge to spot the exact location of the ground just before touchdown. Still managed to smooth in that landing though. So glad I chose this plane for my first Night Flight.

Under The Veil - Hobbyzone Sport Cub S (2S Brushless) "Icarus" Night Flight (4 min 17 sec)

Aircraft: Hobbyzone Sport Cub S (2S Brushless) "Icarus"
Motor: Eflite 2500KV
Module: UMX Carbon Cub SS
Lighting: UMX Carbon Cub SS LED
Transmitter: Spektrum DX6
Prop: GWS 5043
Adapter: UMX Carbon Cub SS (Long)
Tires: Dubro Custom 2" Tundra
Lipo: Eflite 2S 200mAh 30C
Timer: 6 Minutes

A big thanks to Ron, aka Captain Muscles of RC Groups for getting this footage on my iPhone 6!

Thanks for watching and please hit the Like Button if you enjoyed the video!
Blaze0021 is online now Find More Posts by Blaze0021
Old Today, 08:54 AM
Find More Posts by ApexpretadorGT
United States, FL, Fort Lauderdale
Joined Nov 2014
2,093 Posts
So I've been flying and rcing a lot. The other day I was flying my little hitec zipper around, it was pretty windy but nothing I haven't tackled before. I entered a bank nice and smooth when the plane was overwhelmed by a huge gust of wind, it banked to the point of being inverted nose down. It happened so fast I couldn't do anything except watch it plummet to it's death.

After that I finished up another flight in my EFX Racer, and brought out my boats. When I realized that tx to one of them has a broken steering wheel. Later on when I got home I shopped around and it was 65-80$ for a new tx for the boat. I came up with the idea of putting my spektrum 4 channel (from the zipper) in the boat and binding it to my dx6i. Success! Running the boat on my dx6i is quite an improvement, so much so I might start investing in more spektrum rx to put in more toys
ApexpretadorGT is online now Find More Posts by ApexpretadorGT
Old Today, 09:12 AM
Find More Posts by basslord1124
Joined Jul 2013
83 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by basslord1124 View Post
Well father in law and I are about to head out here in a few and do some flying. Hopefully the park will be kinda quiet. Also hoping maybe we could do some flying together. He flies his Sport Cub and I'll fly my Champ or Piper. We'll see if we can get some pics and videos too.
Well yesterday's flight at the park went well. Had a few small incidents but nothing that will keep us down for real long. This was the first time that I got me and my father in law to fly together so I was real excited about that. Keep in mind my father in law has only been flying his a handful of times (but we have kept his in beginner mode on the SAFE system). But anyways, here are some pics and videos:

Flying at the Park #1 - 8/28/15 - Sport Cub S/Champ (0 min 17 sec)

Flying at the Park #2 - 8/28/15 - Sport Cub S crash! (0 min 11 sec)

Flying at the Park #6 - 8/28/15 - Champ/Sport Cub S (0 min 22 sec)
basslord1124 is online now Find More Posts by basslord1124