SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Oct 12, 2014, 03:24 PM
fortuna favet fortibus
Wobisch's Avatar
Schweiz, AG, Merenschwand
Joined Oct 2011
869 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Wings View Post
A glorious last flight though!! Will there be a mk II?
I'm working on a very big SU-30 project. But first I have to finish my F-100. Since I need removable wings on the SU I have to spend some thoughts anyway.
Wobisch is offline Find More Posts by Wobisch
RCG Plus Member
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 12, 2014, 04:56 PM
What goes up...
Twisted Wings's Avatar
United Kingdom, England, Newcastle upon Tyne
Joined Aug 2012
118 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wobisch View Post
I'm working on a very big SU-30 project. But first I have to finish my F-100. Since I need removable wings on the SU I have to spend some thoughts anyway.
How big is very big??!!
Twisted Wings is offline Find More Posts by Twisted Wings
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12, 2014, 11:24 PM
fortuna favet fortibus
Wobisch's Avatar
Schweiz, AG, Merenschwand
Joined Oct 2011
869 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Wings View Post
How big is very big??!!
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2217359
Wobisch is offline Find More Posts by Wobisch
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 13, 2014, 12:28 AM
Su-27's Rule!
Su-33's Avatar
Philippines, NCR, Pasig City
Joined Nov 2012
801 Posts
how's you jet going Twisted?

edit: For anyone building a large version, you might want to check this for some inspiration http://www.altecare.com/su27manual.pdf
Twisted this is the site i wanted to show you before for the sukhoi landing gear, albeit late


EDIT:
what do you guys think of having a small servo "tester"pot connected to a counter balanced canard to act like an AOA sensor,then feeding to the LEFs?
Su-33 is online now Find More Posts by Su-33
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Su-33; Oct 14, 2014 at 12:53 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24, 2014, 01:35 AM
Registered User
Joined Oct 2014
1 Posts
Hi All,

Could someone give the colour codes according to HK acrylic paints?
Is the spray paint safe to use on depron?

Thx for your reply..

JJ
jayjay0308 is offline Find More Posts by jayjay0308
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24, 2014, 03:09 AM
1 can never have 2 many planes
chambo88's Avatar
Australia, QLD, Surfers Paradise
Joined Sep 2011
641 Posts
Any petroleum based paints will dissolve depron.. water based paints are safe on depron however they dont last as long. They will flake and rub off relatively easily. No idea on the codes sorry..
chambo88 is offline Find More Posts by chambo88
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24, 2014, 08:12 AM
What goes up...
Twisted Wings's Avatar
United Kingdom, England, Newcastle upon Tyne
Joined Aug 2012
118 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Su-33 View Post
how's you jet going Twisted?

edit: For anyone building a large version, you might want to check this for some inspiration http://www.altecare.com/su27manual.pdf
Twisted this is the site i wanted to show you before for the sukhoi landing gear, albeit late


EDIT:
what do you guys think of having a small servo "tester"pot connected to a counter balanced canard to act like an AOA sensor,then feeding to the LEFs?
Interesting idea though I'd be wary as any accelerative or aerodynamic forces on the canards could translate into unwanted inputs on the slats which could turn into pitching moments...

Jayjay... acrylics are perfect for depron, give a final coat of water based polyurethane varnish to improve toughness.
Twisted Wings is offline Find More Posts by Twisted Wings
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24, 2014, 05:13 PM
1 can never have 2 many planes
chambo88's Avatar
Australia, QLD, Surfers Paradise
Joined Sep 2011
641 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Wings View Post
Interesting idea though I'd be wary as any accelerative or aerodynamic forces on the canards could translate into unwanted inputs on the slats which could turn into pitching moments...

Jayjay... acrylics are perfect for depron, give a final coat of water based polyurethane varnish to improve toughness.
polyurethane varnish?? nice, can it be used on epo??

cheers
chambo88 is offline Find More Posts by chambo88
Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:08 AM
Su-27's Rule!
Su-33's Avatar
Philippines, NCR, Pasig City
Joined Nov 2012
801 Posts
Wilmracer, speaking of your Su-30 over at the F-22 thread do you have more videos?
I think i speak for everyone that we would like to see more
Su-33 is online now Find More Posts by Su-33
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: A cheap way to measure Kv
Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:41 AM
Registered User
United States, VA, Herndon
Joined May 2007
1,005 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Su-33 View Post
Wilmracer, speaking of your Su-30 over at the F-22 thread do you have more videos?
I think i speak for everyone that we would like to see more
No new video since the ones I already posted. The camera girl hasn't been out with me in a bit

I did fly her once at an event (Flite-fest in Ohio) and I know a few people had cameras going but I haven't seen it show up in any clips from that event.
wilmracer is offline Find More Posts by wilmracer
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Build Log Super Bandit Park Jet jetset44 Pusher Prop Jet Models 1084 Jan 07, 2014 12:52 AM
Discussion SU-38 super Flanker... pps/ going e-power Insanety Pusher Prop Jet Models 2 May 02, 2008 09:47 AM
Video Sukhoi Su-37 Maiden Flight Nadim Electric Plane Talk 2 Jul 12, 2007 04:41 AM
For Sale Walkera SU-27m/SU-35 Super Flanker $100 skotbro Aircraft - Electric - Jets (FS/W) 3 Dec 06, 2006 08:42 AM
Power set up for Great Planes Sukhoi SU-31 3D Profile Park Flyer Airplane? ChrisK7 Beginner Training Area (Aircraft-Electric) 0 May 14, 2005 06:15 PM