SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Sep 27, 2014, 06:53 AM
woodbury,ct
Joined Mar 2002
200 Posts
Question
ModellWerft

This appears to be a German high quality boat modelling magazine. The website http://www.boerse.bz has a page which seems to offer downloading 10 years worth of back issues. But even with translating the page, I don't quite understand how to do it.
Has anyone successfully downloaded these issues?
Dave
a67ems is offline Find More Posts by a67ems
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 27, 2014, 10:05 AM
Veni, Vidi, Feci
Motor City
Joined Dec 2004
12,574 Posts
Can't be too high quality, they published one of my articles!
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...1#post22455729

Actually, they are pretty good, better than anything we have in the states. Discussed at:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...t#post15614558 and elsewhere.

The parent company, VTH, offer annuals on CD for sale. The Boerse site ("Boerse" means "exchange") is a file sharing site where you can pick up pirated copies for free...

The CD contents are PDF files with "live" text, so they could be translated with a lot of effort. The PDFs are secured, but I'm sure someone has been able to hack that.
patmat2350 is offline Find More Posts by patmat2350
Last edited by patmat2350; Sep 27, 2014 at 12:55 PM.
Old Sep 27, 2014, 11:17 AM
Veni, Vidi, Feci
Motor City
Joined Dec 2004
12,574 Posts
No, wait! It's late September (just missed the 25th!), October coming, Germany on the mind... where's all the Oktoberfest pics??!?
Old Oct 01, 2014, 07:36 AM
woodbury,ct
Joined Mar 2002
200 Posts
Modellwerft

Initial question still not answered.
Dave
a67ems is offline Find More Posts by a67ems
Old Oct 01, 2014, 08:12 AM
Veni, Vidi, Feci
Motor City
Joined Dec 2004
12,574 Posts
Have you created a user name and password, and logged in? Looks to be required there. I suggest long passwords for safety, like “I like getting pirated material for free”.

Funny and ironic: Since I use Ad Blocker, they throw up a message complaining about it, threatening to close the site if everyone continues to deprive them of ad revenue!

Rough translation of their complaint:

We have detected that you are using an ad blocker and show you why these remarks.

Many sites have closed in the past because the ad revenue was no longer sufficient for operation. Do you want the same thing happened with the exchange?
Already half of the visitors on Boerse.bz use an ad blocker, and if the current trend continues, it will no longer give this page a long time.
Please disable your ad blocker on the exchange. More on the topic and how you disable your ad blocker on Boerse.bz.
Also: Adblock Plus Undercover - Insights into a mafioeses Network