SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Feb 20, 2013, 01:44 PM
MY '75 CZ "FALTA REPLICA" 2010
TopDave's Avatar
Waterford, Michigan
Joined May 2006
1,246 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyMc View Post
So the 2 interesting news bits I heard for the week was Eli Tomac is going to race like the next 4 east coast races so that is going to be even more excitement to all the anticipation of each race. He just better stay cool and not screw up his 250 west chances. Second thing was that honda and the kaw guys are now using tire warmers for mx.
That's cheating.....I'm getting me some.
TopDave is offline Find More Posts by TopDave
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 08, 2013, 12:06 PM
RC Dirt Bike Action
JohnnyMc's Avatar
California central coast
Joined Feb 2010
1,782 Posts
Last week's race at St Louis was crazy with all the flag waiving drama, too bad CBS coverage sucked. I always thought passing on a yellow was not allowed but it actually is. Maybe the announcers can pronounce IS more clear because half the time it sounds like ISNT when they say it lol. What a difference some good dirt made for real racing action though. Now this weekend I guess weather will be good I hope and now add the star child MXON champ Ken Roczen on a 350 to the mix for you German/Ktm fans. Reed went back to 2012 suspension so that will be interesting to see too. 250 class has been really fun to watch too and never disappoints. Cant wait!
JohnnyMc is offline Find More Posts by JohnnyMc
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 09, 2013, 04:14 PM
Registered User
Chris Nicastro's Avatar
Post Falls, ID United States
Joined Feb 2004
4,350 Posts
The tire warmers are interesting. I wonder if they are experimenting with tire compounds as well or if the tires are the same as sold to the public.
I bet they get the tires really hot because they have to take them off and walk to the starting line and wait for the start. By that time the tires are cooling off a lot. Maybe we will see them taking them off after the bike is in position on the line.
Something else that makes sense about this is when they race on harder packed tracks the tires will be more compliant right off the gate. First lap grip will be much better than before.

At the very least these are good head games! Lol
Chris Nicastro is offline Find More Posts by Chris Nicastro
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17, 2013, 05:58 PM
MY '75 CZ "FALTA REPLICA" 2010
TopDave's Avatar
Waterford, Michigan
Joined May 2006
1,246 Posts
Deano is out

Bad news for Dean Wilson: Busted ribs, collapsed lung, broken back, and broken shoulder. Crash didn't look too serious at first, but getting tossed into the face of that whoop/jump stopped his forward travel instantly. Those sudden stops break and tears stuff up. I was so looking forward to see him ride the 450 outdoors. Marvin Musquin (KTM) won and is only 12 points out of first.
Ryan Villopoto (Kaw) wins with Ryan Dungey (KTM) only 1-2 seconds behind the whole race til the last lap. Good race to watch. "Jim" Stewart, lol, as my son calls him, was leading and looked in control til he stalled the "CHKTM" look alike Suzuki in a slow tight turn, and finished 3rd. Good season so far.
TopDave is offline Find More Posts by TopDave
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17, 2013, 11:12 PM
Registered User
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,674 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TopDave View Post
Bad news for Dean Wilson: Busted ribs, collapsed lung, broken back, and broken shoulder. Crash didn't look too serious at first, but getting tossed into the face of that whoop/jump stopped his forward travel instantly. Those sudden stops break and tears stuff up. I was so looking forward to see him ride the 450 outdoors. Marvin Musquin (KTM) won and is only 12 points out of first.
Ryan Villopoto (Kaw) wins with Ryan Dungey (KTM) only 1-2 seconds behind the whole race til the last lap. Good race to watch. "Jim" Stewart, lol, as my son calls him, was leading and looked in control til he stalled the "CHKTM" look alike Suzuki in a slow tight turn, and finished 3rd. Good season so far.
It's funny ( not haha ) how you can have a smaller looking stack and come away with those injuries and Bell flys through the air and lands hard and gets away with it and races the next race. Like you say Dave it was a sudden stop and as soon as I saw it I knew he wasn't going to get up and jump back on. It was good to see Dungey on the pace, I almost thought he had enough to challenge RV, not quite. Davi had a better ride but I think the slippery tracks suit him better it seems.
chktm is online now Find More Posts by chktm
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: More bike fun
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20, 2013, 12:19 PM
RC Dirt Bike Action
JohnnyMc's Avatar
California central coast
Joined Feb 2010
1,782 Posts
Finally got to watch the re-broadcast after I screwed up not recording on Saturday. Very painful waiting an extra 4 days and stay away from the mx sites and not see the facebook news...geez lol.

Crazy night - great racing. I like Wilson and Canard so seeing both go down was a bummer. Canard is reported to be ok I think and just read that Wilson's first damage reports were worst case and more recent ones are perhaps broken rib and lung, but not a broken back/shoulder. He's getting more opinions. Nonetheless whatever is the case, he's out so his final chance at 250 supercross title is gone so I can only imagine how Mitch at Pro Circuit is boiling now. Its time for W.Hahn and see if KTM's Marvin M can get a title!

JS looked the fastest but seeing RV and RD chase was good. If only RD can cut his corners down faster like RV and JS do, along with some assertive riding he could take over. Milsaps reported he had arm pump from not training like he had at beginning so last 3 weeks he's been off his bike more than on it but he said training should be back this week. I like underdogs so hope he can show that round 1 speed again!
JohnnyMc is offline Find More Posts by JohnnyMc
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20, 2013, 04:12 PM
MY '75 CZ "FALTA REPLICA" 2010
TopDave's Avatar
Waterford, Michigan
Joined May 2006
1,246 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyMc View Post
Finally got to watch the re-broadcast after I screwed up not recording on Saturday. Very painful waiting an extra 4 days and stay away from the mx sites and not see the facebook news...geez lol.

Crazy night - great racing. I like Wilson and Canard so seeing both go down was a bummer. Canard is reported to be ok I think and just read that Wilson's first damage reports were worst case and more recent ones are perhaps broken rib and lung, but not a broken back/shoulder. He's getting more opinions. Nonetheless whatever is the case, he's out so his final chance at 250 supercross title is gone so I can only imagine how Mitch at Pro Circuit is boiling now. Its time for W.Hahn and see if KTM's Marvin M can get a title!

JS looked the fastest but seeing RV and RD chase was good. If only RD can cut his corners down faster like RV and JS do, along with some assertive riding he could take over. Milsaps reported he had arm pump from not training like he had at beginning so last 3 weeks he's been off his bike more than on it but he said training should be back this week. I like underdogs so hope he can show that round 1 speed again!
Dungey has to be mad (at something) to ride hard enough to win it seems. (like the time the Suzuki's ignition(?) failed and the bike arrived at the start line 15 seconds after the gate dropped and he rode like a beast the whole race to I think it was 7th passing 33 riders on the way)
The 250 east looks like a coin toss to see who gets the best starts between Musquin and Hahn. Go Marvin! but Hahn deserves it too. Poor Wilson, he's so tall and gangly that he's fragile. Look at how many times James has "lawn darted" the earth and jumped back on the bike uninjured. (not so much lately tho') I hope Milsaps can get back to running well enough to get the championship this year....it may be his only chance at one for his career, and it would be especially sweet with all the top riders still racing this late in the season.
TopDave is offline Find More Posts by TopDave
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 06, 2013, 02:06 AM
Registered User
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,674 Posts
Got my berms all prepped up, looking forward to the supercross tomorrow.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/newat...anageattach&p=
chktm is online now Find More Posts by chktm
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: More bike fun
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 06, 2013, 07:23 AM
MY '75 CZ "FALTA REPLICA" 2010
TopDave's Avatar
Waterford, Michigan
Joined May 2006
1,246 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chktm View Post
Got my berms all prepped up, looking forward to the supercross tomorrow.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/newat...anageattach&p=
What percentage of that berm is rubber dust? I'm guessing 80-90% with the 1000's of laps run thru there! Enjoy the Super Cross tonight bro!
TopDave is offline Find More Posts by TopDave
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 06, 2013, 08:02 AM
Registered User
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,674 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TopDave View Post
What percentage of that berm is rubber dust? I'm guessing 80-90% with the 1000's of laps run thru there! Enjoy the Super Cross tonight bro!
Lol yea I'd say your pretty right there Dave . Just a few laps, you enjoy tonight also mate.
chktm is online now Find More Posts by chktm
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: More bike fun
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 08, 2013, 02:57 PM
MY '75 CZ "FALTA REPLICA" 2010
TopDave's Avatar
Waterford, Michigan
Joined May 2006
1,246 Posts
Starting to look like last year! RV is smoking the starts (how bad did he make Alesse look thru that sandy right hand turn at the start! Poor Mikey. He should be a drag racer the way he gets those hole shots tho', lol. Mr. consistant, Dungey, rode his way to 2nd and Trey held off Barcia for 3rd. I'm afraid Milsaps' hopes for the championship will need some bad luck for RV and Dungey. to happen. Good races for both classes this week.
TopDave is offline Find More Posts by TopDave
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 08, 2013, 03:58 PM
RC Dirt Bike Action
JohnnyMc's Avatar
California central coast
Joined Feb 2010
1,782 Posts
Yeah and so is Stewart with the soil samples. Real bummer for Milsaps but his luck was real good when everyone else was bad so hopefully he can get the luck back soon. Maybe if Dungey got mad he could beat RV - if only his starts were better. In the 250s I was really expecting Marvin to take another win but that guy is like a magnet for tuff blocks. One thing I hate is how they show the top 3 giving high 5's while there are passes taken place on the final turn, like Andrew Short on Josh Hill with an elbow check apparently.
JohnnyMc is offline Find More Posts by JohnnyMc
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 08, 2013, 05:17 PM
Registered User
Chris Nicastro's Avatar
Post Falls, ID United States
Joined Feb 2004
4,350 Posts
Whos going to Seattle? THIS GUY! Lol hope to see some RC moto guys there let me know so we can meet.
Chris Nicastro is offline Find More Posts by Chris Nicastro
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 09, 2013, 07:27 AM
MY '75 CZ "FALTA REPLICA" 2010
TopDave's Avatar
Waterford, Michigan
Joined May 2006
1,246 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyMc View Post
Yeah and so is Stewart with the soil samples. Real bummer for Milsaps but his luck was real good when everyone else was bad so hopefully he can get the luck back soon. Maybe if Dungey got mad he could beat RV - if only his starts were better. In the 250s I was really expecting Marvin to take another win but that guy is like a magnet for tuff blocks. One thing I hate is how they show the top 3 giving high 5's while there are passes taken place on the final turn, like Andrew Short on Josh Hill with an elbow check apparently.
I forgot to mention Jim's face plant lol. Apparently all of Js's crashes were not caused by the Yamaha or the Pirelli tires He single handedly ruined the reputation of those two brands.
Hole shots are a "state of mind" deal, if you don't get off the gate well you must focus on the first turn and be as aggressive as possible without wrecking. RV and JS are rarely first going into the turn but they don't blow thru the corner into trouble, they break early, hug the inside and come out in the lead or close to it. Alessi is just an animal on the hole shots. If Dungey isn't first into the turn, he gets too cautious and get swallowed up by the "also rans". He should be mad at himself lol.
TopDave is offline Find More Posts by TopDave
Last edited by TopDave; Apr 09, 2013 at 07:46 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 09, 2013, 08:13 AM
MY '75 CZ "FALTA REPLICA" 2010
TopDave's Avatar
Waterford, Michigan
Joined May 2006
1,246 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Nicastro View Post
Whos going to Seattle? THIS GUY! Lol hope to see some RC moto guys there let me know so we can meet.
Have fun at Seattle Chris! It's like going to the circus when we were kids!
I would go to the Silver Dome in Pontiac Michigan (6 miles from home) but, OH YEAH, because of the city Mayor and his band of idiots, they lost the Detroit Lions franchise and The Supercross and Monster Truck show and indoor short track racing for cars and bikes and many other big events that bring money to Pontiac. All that because the city council didn't want to give up the "onsite" parking lot money to the Lions owners. Now the dome sits empty and they just sold it and the 120 acres of land around it for $480,000 (Yes, thousand) to some Canadian guy after turning down offers of 17 million and 30 some million a couple years earlier. I guess I could drive 51/2 hours to Indy.
TopDave is offline Find More Posts by TopDave
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Supercross last weekend. Bilbobaker Life, The Universe, and Politics 1 Feb 04, 2009 08:25 AM
Sold For Sale Lauterbacher Supercross L3 cyclops1970 Cars - Accessories (FS/W) 0 Oct 28, 2008 03:37 PM
Discussion RC Supercross Track palawdog Off-road Cars 0 Sep 15, 2007 02:50 AM
Discussion full alu supercross bike by Diego'70 , DMR lypsvago Motorcycles 16 Aug 24, 2007 03:54 PM