EP 3D Flyer
Hamilton, Canada
Joined Nov 2005
1,239 Posts
VR Eyedoc Flies the Wattaplane Edge Prototype

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLAZE WON View Post
so how much will this airframe cost?
It will depend on if we will make some more changes before the release. Since I am very happy with the way the plane flies, I don't think there will be any major changes.

Let's wait for what groovejet and nac have to say about the plane. I'm sure they will feed us with great videos!

Before that, I have VR Eyedoc's flight to present: :-)

VR Eyedoc Flies 48-in Wattaplane Edge-540 (4 min 17 sec)

Cheers,

feda
feda is offline Find More Posts by feda
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 29, 2012, 10:01 AM
United States, CA, Palos Verdes Peninsula
Joined Dec 2011
1,031 Posts
Looks like it flies very nicely. Knife edge doesn't look to be compromised much by going to a rounded fuse. Rolls are crisp. I want one!

Groove and Nac, looks like you've been put on the clock (golf term).

Quote:
Originally Posted by feda View Post
It will depend on if we will make some more changes before the release. Since I am very happy with the way the plane flies, I don't think there will be any major changes.

Let's wait for what groovejet and nac have to say about the plane. I'm sure they will feed us with great videos!

Before that, I have VR Eyedoc's flight to present: :-)

http://youtu.be/Bh8GC4NUuIg

Cheers,

feda
Jboy90277 is offline Find More Posts by Jboy90277
Old Sep 29, 2012, 10:12 AM
USA, NY, Poughkeepsie
Joined Mar 2010
678 Posts
Very nice......looks really good in the air, very responsive, looks crisp in all maneuvers. Definitely going to have to get one of these in the near future....maybe for Christmas
rcguy1958 is offline Find More Posts by rcguy1958
Old Sep 29, 2012, 04:51 PM
United States, PA, Middletown
Joined Sep 2011
620 Posts
Looks like a great flyer and I love that blue paint scheme!
wayfaringdreamer is offline Find More Posts by wayfaringdreamer
Old Sep 29, 2012, 05:46 PM
How many planes is too many?
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Aug 2007
3,933 Posts
Very nice flying, Michael and great videoing, Max . I like the colour in the sky in the video. The plane seems to do very fast and crisp rolls, so I am confident that I am going to like it. I probably won't have my plane ready to maiden until next weekend. I'm sure those 6 days will go very quickly and I will be flying this plane very soon. I'll be flying it without the SFGs.
groovejet is online now Find More Posts by groovejet
Old Sep 30, 2012, 10:07 AM
EP 3D Flyer
Hamilton, Canada
Joined Nov 2005
1,239 Posts
Woohoo, VR Eyedoc sent me the videos of my flying from his smart phone! Here is the very first one, shot outside China, I guess:

feda Flies Wattaplane Edge Prototype (3 min 46 sec)

Cheers,

feda
Old Sep 30, 2012, 10:24 AM
Hardcore EP 3D Flyer
Canada, ON, Toronto
Joined Aug 2012
532 Posts
good choice of music, Feda
VR Eyedoc is offline Find More Posts by VR Eyedoc
Old Sep 30, 2012, 10:29 AM
Joined Apr 2008
1,579 Posts
Feda,

Can you add video of this plane doing back to back violent manuevers at high speed to see if the magnets holding the wings to the fuse are strong enough.

Thanks
chopper62 is offline Find More Posts by chopper62
Old Sep 30, 2012, 10:35 AM
Joined Dec 2011
1,031 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper62 View Post
Feda,

Can you add video of this plane doing back to back violent manuevers at high speed to see if the magnets holding the wings to the fuse are strong enough.

Thanks
Rolling about this speed should be a good test, if possible. Of course, I've never gotten any of my full fuse EPPs to roll this fast in a blender.

Dynam Pitts Blender (0 min 18 sec)
Old Sep 30, 2012, 01:16 PM
My hovercraft is full of eels.
USA, TN, Gallatin
Joined Aug 2009
3,354 Posts
Great flying Feda! You were wearin' it out. Interesting music too. This plane looks like it still floats around like the 39 - 48" box fuse foamies and flies with similar characteristics even though it has a full fuse. It looks very fun to fly.

I like the wing magnets but as soon as this plane gets into our hands, we will find a way to rip the wings off in flight. It's what we do. Pop tops, blenders and full throttle crankshafts, baby! Woot! It's not exactly what I consider 3D... I'd call it extreme aerobatics but that's what we want out of our planes.
SD One. is online now Find More Posts by SD One.
Old Oct 01, 2012, 01:24 AM
EP 3D Flyer
Hamilton, Canada
Joined Nov 2005
1,239 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD One. View Post
I like the wing magnets but as soon as this plane gets into our hands, we will find a way to rip the wings off in flight. It's what we do. Pop tops, blenders and full throttle crankshafts, baby! Woot! It's not exactly what I consider 3D... I'd call it extreme aerobatics but that's what we want out of our planes.
Well, I tried. The wing didn't get ripped off, but the motor refused to work in the end. Take a look at this video:

48-in Wattaplane Edge's High Energy Moves (2 min 33 sec)

Regards,

feda
Old Oct 01, 2012, 03:59 AM
Joined Dec 2011
1,031 Posts
Quote:
Well, I tried. The wing didn't get ripped off, but the motor refused to work in the end. Take a look at this video:

http://youtu.be/cERB7TIx8_8

Regards,

feda
Very nice. I'm sold - when can I order?
Old Oct 01, 2012, 07:06 AM
Hardcore EP 3D Flyer
Canada, ON, Toronto
Joined Aug 2012
532 Posts
Quote:

http://youtu.be/cERB7TIx8_8

Regards,

feda
hey Feda, any damage caused by the dead stick landing?
VR Eyedoc is offline Find More Posts by VR Eyedoc
Old Oct 02, 2012, 08:00 AM
How many planes is too many?
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Aug 2007
3,933 Posts
More great videos . Thanks for sharing, feda and VR Eyedoc.

My plane is almost ready. I'm waiting on some new long servo arms that I'd like to try on this plane. If they don't arrive soon then I'll just use some of the long servo arms that I usually use on these sorts of planes.

My AUW is 1260g without servo arms and EZ connectors.

This plane looks fantastic! It's easily the best looking foam plane out of the dozens and dozens that I have owned .
groovejet is online now Find More Posts by groovejet
Old Oct 02, 2012, 07:04 PM
Burke, VA
Joined Sep 2009
4,994 Posts
This looks like an excellent replacement for my poor MXS. I love the MXS but in the short time I've had it's had a hard life. I managed to dumb thumb it in and tear the nose off again yesterday. It's just so hard not to push this plane past my ability, but that's what I bought it for. No biggie, should have it back together in no time flying good as new.
jetinteriorguy is offline Find More Posts by jetinteriorguy