HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
Old Sep 05, 2012, 08:20 AM
Joined Feb 2012
1,896 Posts
Discussion
The official MrRCSound system thread.

Welcome to the official thread for discussing MrRCSound sound generator units. The purpose of the thread is to try and allow me to answer questions, and to help each other with installs and setups of the sound systems. Please feel free to post any videos, pictures or information you have about the sound system, how it is working for you, hints, tips suggestions, etc… I will be putting up some videos shortly, and encourage you all to do the same.

Mods, if this is the wrong location, please feel free to move it and let me know.

Andrew
http://www.mrrcsound.com
MrRCFlying is offline Find More Posts by MrRCFlying
Site Sponsor
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 05, 2012, 08:43 AM
Wisdom can not be granted.
Shreveport Louisiana
Joined Dec 2006
6,302 Posts
Cool deal Andrew. Get some good size photos up in that post as well as some specs like your website has so new comers can see what all the fuss is about.

For all the new guys reading this thread, Andrews product is awesome. It sounds great, its affordable, and has a minimal weight penalty to your airframe. If your considering sound, check this guy out first, you wont be disappointed.

Orion
Orion Pax is offline Find More Posts by Orion Pax
Old Sep 05, 2012, 09:43 AM
Wilde Sau
Germany
Joined Sep 2009
3,604 Posts
Hey guys,

my system (Budget B) is on the way and as soon as I have it (might be a few days because it ships from the US to Germany), I will make a few comparison vids with them.

I have tinkered with combinations of different Kemo amplifiers and Visaton speakers - using the same sound module brick that MrRCSound uses in their units - in the past and found them either too large/heavy/bulgy or too quiet.
Tests with resonating sound boxes improved the sound of the speakers, but ate up a lot of space and were too large most of the time.

It seems that with these systems, a balanced and good compromise between the above mentioned factors has been found and I am looking forward to seeing how they perform.

Will report back when I get the system!

Best wishes,
Bernhard
Beltpilot is offline Find More Posts by Beltpilot
Old Sep 05, 2012, 09:58 AM
Wilde Sau
Germany
Joined Sep 2009
3,604 Posts
Check out the video channel on Youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/user/MrRCflying?feature=watch

Cheers,
Bernhard
Beltpilot is offline Find More Posts by Beltpilot
Old Sep 05, 2012, 10:23 AM
Beaumont tx
Joined Oct 2004
3,739 Posts
BE ADVISED THAT going to that site got me a "severe fault" error message and frozen computer.

howell
gwinhh is offline Find More Posts by gwinhh
Old Sep 05, 2012, 10:28 AM
Shreveport Louisiana
Joined Dec 2006
6,302 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwinhh View Post
BE ADVISED THAT going to that site got me a "severe fault" error message and frozen computer.

howell
Which site? There are 4 links above, all of which work fine on my computer.
Old Sep 05, 2012, 12:15 PM
Feeling the THRALL
USA, CO, Parker
Joined Dec 2009
819 Posts
Guys,

I have greatly enjoyed putting Andrew's sound units to work on my Bucker Jungmann and FMS Mustang. As I sit here in my office right now my thoughts are out at the flying field where I plan to be later this afternoon. Looking forward to low passes with the Bucker and high performance aerobatics with the Mustang. The sound of a real engine has an amazing effect in terms of a scale detail. True, it is quiet compared to a real plane, but this makes it usable even in park flying settings. Too much noise is a bad thing as it tends to attract cranky neighbors.

Keep up the good work Andrew!

Regards,

Jackson
Jackson Stone is offline Find More Posts by Jackson Stone
Old Sep 05, 2012, 12:50 PM
Electric Coolhunter
United States, TX, Fort Worth
Joined Jun 2000
14,582 Posts
Andrew, any chance you can work up a multi engine sound option soon?..
Thomas B is offline Find More Posts by Thomas B
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 2014 events and travel
Old Sep 05, 2012, 12:53 PM
Shreveport Louisiana
Joined Dec 2006
6,302 Posts
He has a mini system with 2 speakers. Wouldn't 2 speakers in their respective nacelles provide the same effect? Asking only because I am thinking along the same lines.
Old Sep 05, 2012, 12:58 PM
Joined Feb 2012
1,896 Posts
I see a few of my customers have already commented. Great! Guys, I know some of you have done videos and such. Put them up here!

Now for those of you who do not know what my product is, or what it does, here is some history and some explinations.

I started out about a year ago now looking at systems that would produce a decent sound for an electric airplane. To give it that real plane sound. The systems I found on the market are great, but for me an average pilot, they were quite expensive, large and heavy. Most of the planes I fly are 1400mm class or so. The systems out there would not readily adapt to them, at least not without major overhall.

Well, needless to say I started working on a design of my own. Things progressed from there, and I now have a patent pending on my design.

I do not like to compare my systems with others out there. I think each one has it's benifits and downfalls, but they should stand on thier own for what they are.

Some of the features of my systems, that I feel are important are:
1. Customer Service - I am willing to work with customers before and after the sale
2. Mobility- the ability to move the sound system from plane to plane
3. Value per plane - becuase of the mobility of the system, value per plane goes way up

I designed the system from the begining with the average joe flier in mind, and am trying to keep the price points at a decent level. The light weight and small size of the systems allows them to be used in 1200mm -1600mm planes with ease, and I also have a system for smaller planes, and larger ones.

I am also working on some product for the future. I will give more info here as the time comes.

So, with all that being said, let's start the discussions.

Andrew
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 05, 2012, 12:59 PM
Lawrence, Kansas
Joined Dec 2001
590 Posts
I checked out the web site, the modules look really cool and I am very interested. I noticed a couple places where the web site says these modules are for use with "modern 2.4 GHz radios only." I am curious why it matters whether the module is used with 2.4 GHZ vs. 72 MHz.

- - Dave
DaveA is offline Find More Posts by DaveA
Old Sep 05, 2012, 01:01 PM
Arrowhead
Joined Dec 2010
1,303 Posts
Will be keeping an eye on this... have a couple of birds in the build queue I wouldn't mind adding sound to (H9 Corsair 50 & Spitfire 60). Having trouble convincing myself to cut holes in them for the speakers... even with mesh covering...
CF105 is offline Find More Posts by CF105
Old Sep 05, 2012, 01:03 PM
Joined Feb 2012
1,896 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas B View Post
Andrew, any chance you can work up a multi engine sound option soon?..
Currently no. There is a way in theory, but I have not tested it yet, but it should work. As far as I know the multi sound can't be put on to one unit. But, multiple units could do it. It would be a little pricey, but the effect should be good. One unit connected to seperate channels, and mixed with the throttle. Then change the end points of each, so one startup sound starts a second or two after the first. It would give a true twin sound. Usinng mini speakers probably would be the way to go.

Andrew
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 05, 2012, 01:05 PM
Joined Feb 2012
1,896 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveA View Post
I checked out the web site, the modules look really cool and I am very interested. I noticed a couple places where the web site says these modules are for use with "modern 2.4 GHz radios only." I am curious why it matters whether the module is used with 2.4 GHZ vs. 72 MHz.

- - Dave
Dave,
The system seems to cause some interferance with 72mhz. I had glitching on one of my planes do to it. That is why I reccomed 2.4Ghz only. In some cases the sound unit will glitch if the ESC/BEC does not have a ferrite choke on it, but I have not had the sound unit effect the flight components at all on 2.4. A choke may clean it up, but I have not tested it yet.

Andrew
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 05, 2012, 01:07 PM
Joined Feb 2012
1,896 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CF105 View Post
Will be keeping an eye on this... have a couple of birds in the build queue I wouldn't mind adding sound to (H9 Corsair 50 & Spitfire 60). Having trouble convincing myself to cut holes in them for the speakers... even with mesh covering...
Yes, it is a tough call. Especially if the plane is new.

Andrew
Site Sponsor
Closed Thread