SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Sep 26, 2010, 06:40 PM
Fly Runaway Fans
United States, TX, Fort Worth
Joined Jan 2009
9,384 Posts
Discussion
"Disgrace" must have been a loo-loo...

...to get censored within a half hour on Sunday.

(See SS&C for context.)
arbilab is offline Find More Posts by arbilab
Last edited by arbilab; Sep 26, 2010 at 09:36 PM. Reason: moved
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 26, 2010, 10:12 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jul 2006
22,991 Posts
I saw it. Personally, if I were a mod, it would have been the last post he ever made on RCG. No ifs, ands, or buts.
NoFlyZone is offline Find More Posts by NoFlyZone
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Sep 26, 2010, 11:03 PM
USA, CO, Fort Collins
Joined Sep 2007
1,934 Posts
Sounds like a goodie. Looks like he is on a vacation -- may I ask what his post was in reference to?

Garret
Garret H is online now Find More Posts by Garret H
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 26, 2010, 11:58 PM
Fly Runaway Fans
Joined Jan 2009
9,384 Posts
I never saw the content. Just that it disappeared VERY quickly.
Old Oct 06, 2010, 08:55 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2009
942 Posts
A Big hug to everyone lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by arbilab View Post
...to get censored within a half hour on Sunday.

(See SS&C for context.)
What I posted was out of line and apologize for causing emotional trauma to the ones that seen the post lol. My little brothers birthday was on Sept 25 but he is no longer with us and will just leave it at that. I apologize to RcGroups for my comments made and just had a loo - loo of a day. Yes my mind goes loo-loo on me most of the time and the hard times we're in don't help my loo-loo thinking either lol As for it should have been my last post on RcGroups, I think it should have been and not a real big loss for me lol if it was but I most definitely not post nothing like that again because it wasn't very nice

Ken <- Loo-Loo
knlken is offline Find More Posts by knlken
Old Oct 06, 2010, 09:15 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jul 2006
22,991 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by knlken View Post
What I posted was out of line and apologize for causing emotional trauma to the ones that seen the post lol. My little brothers birthday was on Sept 25 but he is no longer with us and will just leave it at that. I apologize to RcGroups for my comments made and just had a loo - loo of a day. Yes my mind goes loo-loo on me most of the time and the hard times we're in don't help my loo-loo thinking either lol As for it should have been my last post on RcGroups, I think it should have been and not a real big loss for me lol if it was but I most definitely not post nothing like that again because it wasn't very nice

Ken <- Loo-Loo
Hi Ken,

I admire you, actually. To man up and say that you screwed up is not something we see here on RC Groups a lot. Most of the time, the guys who make a serious blunder in judgment start blaming it on the fact that the mods were out to get them.

You took the high road, and that makes you stand out from the crowd. Congratulations!

Chuck
Old Oct 06, 2010, 11:12 PM
Fly Runaway Fans
Joined Jan 2009
9,384 Posts
No worries Ken. Most adults here understand and can handle loo-loo. But the site is calibrated roughly to TV-Y7, I'm sure that's why the alarms went off.
Old Oct 07, 2010, 04:30 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Jul 2006
22,991 Posts
Quote:
No worries Ken. Most adults here understand and can handle loo-loo. But the site is calibrated roughly to TV-Y7, I'm sure that's why the alarms went off.
What's TV-Y7?
Old Oct 07, 2010, 07:40 AM
Trons and Fumes
Fallon, NV
Joined Mar 2007
5,038 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoFlyZone View Post
What's TV-Y7?
Television show, youth 7 years old. Think Sesame Street or just a bit more risque than that.
wrightme is offline Find More Posts by wrightme
Old Oct 07, 2010, 01:34 PM
Fly Runaway Fans
Joined Jan 2009
9,384 Posts
Spongebob = TV-Y7.
Old Oct 07, 2010, 01:50 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jul 2006
22,991 Posts
But isn't that a good thing? To be a family friendly site?

The way I look at it is this;

1) How can RCG be a better site by relaxing the rules?

2) Would relaxing the rules bring in more users?

3) Are there truly legions of people out there with a vast amount of RC knowledge that we could bring in, if only we relaxed the rules? Are there experts out there who look at RCG and say to themselves "I will withold my tremendous knowledge from this site because their rules of conduct are too strict."

Pick a number above and let's hear what you have to say.
Old Oct 07, 2010, 01:59 PM
Suspended Account
Ohio
Joined Aug 2008
1,288 Posts
1-3

and No
Metieval is offline Find More Posts by Metieval
Old Oct 07, 2010, 05:36 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jul 2006
22,991 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metieval View Post
1-3

and No
Bingo, and that's the fly in the ointment of those whom constantly rail against what they perceive as a too strict site. They can not show, nor put forth any credible argument that to loosen up the rules would make RCG either a better site, or a more lucrative site for the owner. All this other poppycock is nothing more than an attempt to get everyone to think like they do.

They complain of 'moral police', and in the next breath play 'moral police' themselves by trying to impose their own morality and standards.
Old Oct 07, 2010, 11:14 PM
Fly Runaway Fans
Joined Jan 2009
9,384 Posts
Whom are these "they" to whom you refer? Or just trying to sound superior to "they" by not being one? Like I'm trying to sound superior by using the correct leading objective in an interrogative?

Did I say there was anything wrong with Spongebob? Other than it bumps Fairly Odd Parents from Nickelodeon's schedule. I've been watching Y7 for 9x7 years. I've got an autographed Butch Hartman poster. I don't *think* I have a problem with Y7.

It's just a fact. The site is calibrated to Y7.
Old Oct 08, 2010, 07:48 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jul 2006
22,991 Posts
Quote:
Whom are these "they" to whom you refer? Or just trying to sound superior to "they" by not being one? Like I'm trying to sound superior by using the correct leading objective in an interrogative?

Did I say there was anything wrong with Spongebob? Other than it bumps Fairly Odd Parents from Nickelodeon's schedule. I've been watching Y7 for 9x7 years. I've got an autographed Butch Hartman poster. I don't *think* I have a problem with Y7.

It's just a fact. The site is calibrated to Y7.
Arbi,

The 'they' I'm referring to are any number of users who have started threads on RC Groups with the express intent of bemoaning the family friendly rules of RCG.

The 'they" I'm referring to can be found in Site Suggestions and Complaints (after being rewarded with a point for offensive language) yelling to the world that what everybody needs to do is get a little thicker skin.

The 'they' I'm referring to are the ones who will use every trick in the book to circumvent the swear word filter by coming up with all manners of coded words to escape detection.

The 'they' I'm referring to are the ones who cite chapter and verse from the Constitution in some patriotic homage to Free Speech, yet are quite surprised to find that Free Speech doesn't apply to the InterNet, their workplace, or to most other venues in their lives.

I can go on and on about the 'they' I am referring to; but for the life of me, can't find the connection between the 'they''s and your thoughts that somehow I was/am referring to you specifically.

Sorry if you thought I was referring to you.