HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 13, 2015, 05:48 PM
Joined Jan 2015
4 Posts
Discussion
Wanderer

I finished the conversion of my Wanderer to electric power about one year ago. Before the conversion I would often fly it with a pod mounted Black Widow .049. I was motivated to try electric power, so I could fly it at a nearby, electric-only club field (SEFSD). It works well. Not a lot of power, but enough to haul it up as high as I want to go.

Here is a link to a picture collage showing the building of the pod:

http://josephrosevear.com/pictures/s...dged/140111aa/

Here is a link to a picture collage of me with the converted Wanderer flying at the SEFSD field:

http://josephrosevear.com/pictures/s...dged/140517aa/
joe_rosevear is offline Find More Posts by joe_rosevear
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 13, 2015, 07:13 PM
San Diego, California
Joined Dec 2004
3,770 Posts
How come that thing is not flying over Torey Pines????? That's where I always flew mine:-)))))))))))

Les
LesUyeda is offline Find More Posts by LesUyeda
Old Jan 13, 2015, 08:44 PM
Joined Jan 2015
4 Posts
Hi, Les.

Yes, I remember those days when Wanderers were a common sight at Torrey Pines. I have flown this Wanderer there, but not for many years.
Old Jan 14, 2015, 10:12 AM
San Diego, California
Joined Dec 2004
3,770 Posts
The most enjoyable time I ever had was one time when there was a South wind. Horrible flying weather, because the wind was not really coming off the cliffs, but I was determined. I got in the air, and a seagull became my wingman. It did everything I did, except it would not do a loop. It would go down, when I did, for entry into the loop, but when I pulled up and went over, it would just watch me; wait till I got level again, then join me again.

Les
LesUyeda is offline Find More Posts by LesUyeda
Old Jan 14, 2015, 11:14 AM
Joined Jan 2015
4 Posts
I know the feeling. I've had birds check me out while flying, sometimes share the same thermal. I've never had one imitate my moves though. Awesome.