Old Yesterday, 12:11 AM
kha
openLRSng haxor
Finland, Espoo
Joined Mar 2011
2,102 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JulianGoesPro View Post
Do all openLRS receivers can be used as a (low power) transmitter?

Thanks!
Yes
kha is online now Find More Posts by kha
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Yesterday, 11:29 AM
kha
openLRSng haxor
Finland, Espoo
Joined Mar 2011
2,102 Posts
firmware v3.8 is out with configurator v0.51

Major changes
  • TX: Enable profile selection by 'mode switch'
  • TX: Enable using mode switch as channel input
  • TX: Allow using mode switch as 'power boost' trigger
  • TX: button randomize now does a RSSI scan an uses low noise channels
  • RX: Failsafe can be set/locked per channel
  • RX: Beacon can now be activated (during silent interval) by transmission on beacon channel

The EEPROM/bind data is incompatible thus you must update TX and RX units to matching version, This will also reset settings to defaults. Apologies for inconvenience.
RCG Plus Member
Old Yesterday, 01:47 PM
Chris
The Netherlands, NB, Eindhoven
Joined Sep 2010
2,074 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kha View Post
Major changes
  • RX: Beacon can now be activated (during silent interval) by transmission on beacon channel

The EEPROM/bind data is incompatible thus you must update TX and RX units to matching version, This will also reset settings to defaults. Apologies for inconvenience.
Wow feels like Xmas...
About the beacon activation, does the trigger signal need to be something particular? Do we need a uhf voice TX? Or can the olrs TX maybe do it?

BTW very smart feature. Congrats and thank you for all your efforts.
cmavr8 is online now Find More Posts by cmavr8
Old Yesterday, 02:38 PM
kha
openLRSng haxor
Finland, Espoo
Joined Mar 2011
2,102 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmavr8 View Post
Wow feels like Xmas...
About the beacon activation, does the trigger signal need to be something particular? Do we need a uhf voice TX? Or can the olrs TX maybe do it?

BTW very smart feature. Congrats and thank you for all your efforts.
Any transmission on beacon frequency is enough. I tested with UHF handheld (baofeng uv-5r).
RCG Plus Member
Old Yesterday, 07:45 PM
melbourne-multirotor
Australia, VIC, Hillside
Joined Oct 2006
597 Posts
Hi just quick question diversity is it working ?
yak-54 is online now Find More Posts by yak-54
Old Yesterday, 09:06 PM
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Jan 2005
5,421 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by yak-54 View Post
Hi just quick question diversity is it working ?
I know I ordered a Brotronics RX that I'm still waiting to receive (joke in there somewhere I'm sure). I was hoping to test that out and see if the diversity RX works better than a standard one.
typicalaimster is offline Find More Posts by typicalaimster
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: I was bored
Old Yesterday, 09:19 PM
surf monkey
Joined Aug 2011
1,368 Posts
Quote:
Major changes

great work kha, thanks a lot!
a couple of things that I noticed:

- the TX seems to boot a little slower than before. There's a quick flash of the red LED (Orange TX) and then about a 1-2 second pause before the two quick beeps and the blue PPM LED goes solid. What changes were made that introduced this pause?

- I tested the failsafe 'set/lock' feature and it works great. However, although I personally don't mind at all, I think other users might be confused by fact that none of the 'set' checkboxes are checked by default. I might be wrong/haven't tested it, but doesn't that mean that, unless they go into the configurator & check all of those boxes, they won't be able to set any of the failsafe values since they aren't all checked by default? If not, then no worries & please correct me on how this works.

- I see that the ability to show&edit hop channels within the spectrum analyzer didn't make it into this version of the configurator. Is this still a work in progress?

- I tested the randomize button within the configurator, but it doesn't appear to do any additional processing (there's no time delay or indication that it's doing an RF scan, and the new random hop channels immediately show up in the channel boxes). Checking the spectrum analyzer shows that some of the selected channels on top of noise peaks. How should this work? Am I doing it wrong?

thanks again, you're doing an amazing job!
changosurf is offline Find More Posts by changosurf
Last edited by changosurf; Yesterday at 09:29 PM.
Old Yesterday, 09:38 PM
Joined Jan 2005
5,421 Posts
NVM Worked on a different computer. Chair and Keyboard issue!
typicalaimster is offline Find More Posts by typicalaimster
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by typicalaimster; Yesterday at 11:06 PM.
Old Yesterday, 11:57 PM
kha
openLRSng haxor
Finland, Espoo
Joined Mar 2011
2,102 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by changosurf View Post
- the TX seems to boot a little slower than before. There's a quick flash of the red LED (Orange TX) and then about a 1-2 second pause before the two quick beeps and the blue PPM LED goes solid. What changes were made that introduced this pause?
Do you have serial connected? The bootloader will wait for flasher if the serial r line is held high this has not changed.
Quote:
- I tested the failsafe 'set/lock' feature and it works great....please correct me on how this works.
The set boxes are not set because failsafes are not set by default (channels retain value). Setting failsafes via the TX button will enable all those set boxes. The 'lock' option will prevent the 'setting via TX button' from enabling/altering the channel.
Quote:
- I see that the ability to show&edit hop channels within the spectrum analyzer didn't make it into this version of the configurator. Is this still a work in progress?
This is still work in progress
Quote:
- I tested the randomize button within the configurator, but it doesn't appear to do any additional processing... Am I doing it wrong?
The scan is made when randomize is launched by button on the TX unit (keep button down some 5s during power up until it starts to emit beeps), you will see TX module alternating between blue/red while the scan is done. Configurator will get this functionality later.
RCG Plus Member
Old Today, 12:35 AM
surf monkey
Joined Aug 2011
1,368 Posts
Quote:
Do you have serial connected? The bootloader will wait for flasher if the serial r line is held high this has not changed.
didn't have serial connected, but there was apparently a weird problem with the bootloader. I couldn't initially flash my TX with 3.8 through the configurator, so I re-flashed the 'Arduino Pro 5V/16MHz/328' bootloader with the Arduino IDE 1.0.6. After that, I was able to flash via the configurator with no problems, but there was a weird pause during boot & I was having issues trying to connect with configurator.

Anyway, I just manually re-flashed the bootloader with the 'TX-2-bl.hex' that off the github repo & the pause&connection problems went away.

Quote:
The set boxes are not set because failsafes are not set by default (channels retain value). Setting failsafes via the TX button will enable all those set boxes. The 'lock' option will prevent the 'setting via TX button' from enabling/altering the channel.
ok, cool, I understand...

FYI to others, I think this is going to end up being a really cool feature, especially for multi-rotors that might be at edge of RC range and that might have a tendency to go in&out of FS quickly.

For example, if you have RTH on an AUX switch, you won't necessarily need to set a throttle FS value. So if you go into FS, you'll be able to keep your throttle position relatively static (last stick value) yet have your FS/RTH settings seamlessly kick in. If&when the signal comes back, you won't have abrupt changes in stick inputs; your RTH will simply shut off in the background and the sticks will smoothly 're-engage'. I personally think this is a really cool feature that I don't believe any other RC system has...

thanks again kha
changosurf is offline Find More Posts by changosurf
Old Today, 04:28 AM
United States, CA, Santa Monica
Joined Feb 2006
297 Posts
I know that mavlink is not currently one of the supported telemetry formats for OpenLRS. But I believe it will work if you crank down the baud rate and use passthrough for telemetry correct? Any tips on what baud settings etc to use? All I really want to do is see a gps track on droidplanner, and see my battery voltage and percentage.
JonnyJ is online now Find More Posts by JonnyJ