HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Yesterday, 09:28 PM
You can call me Pat
United States, FL, Tampa
Joined Dec 2013
678 Posts
i don't think the boom pulled out. i had some crashes, still haven't programmed throttle hold, so that's on me.
if you look close in that picture you can see the top tooth is missing from that gear shown.
pdooley is offline Find More Posts by pdooley
to remove ads between posts
Old Yesterday, 10:11 PM
Joined Jan 2012
713 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdooley View Post
i don't think the boom pulled out. i had some crashes, still haven't programmed throttle hold, so that's on me.
if you look close in that picture you can see the top tooth is missing from that gear shown.
Please heed this advice - program TH before attempting any more flights. Are you using a flat throttle curve? Not having TH programmed, I'm thinking you're running a linear throttle curve and slamming the stick down to kill the motor during a crash, triggering full negative collective?
OrbitalGolem is offline Find More Posts by OrbitalGolem
Old Yesterday, 10:38 PM
You can call me Pat
United States, FL, Tampa
Joined Dec 2013
678 Posts
idle-up without TH is a no-no. i tried that once and damaged the tail slider.
now i just fly the factory programmed linear throttle curve. i don't know what the pitch curve looks like, but i wouldn't think there is much neg collective in normal mode. i need to go through the Tx and verify settings.
like i said before, a lot of this is self inflicted. This is my only walkera heli, and I just haven't had the energy to go through the learning curve on the 7E yet. Which is ironic, since one reason I got it was to try something different
I have plenty of time now though, waiting on parts from BG.
Old Yesterday, 11:36 PM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
9,277 Posts
Devo 7e is good TX for smaller helis/ plus cost. TH is a good thing to hace active. V120 can not be smacked around like a Mini c/p . If new to c/p this is not a good heli to start with. Not hard to fly but dislikes to hit hard objects while in flight.
dankar04 is offline Find More Posts by dankar04
Old Yesterday, 11:41 PM
You can call me Pat
United States, FL, Tampa
Joined Dec 2013
678 Posts
yes, i found out. chipped a servo gear when blades struck the exercise bike
Old Today, 02:20 AM
Slovakia
Joined Sep 2013
750 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrbitalGolem View Post
Use a pair of vise grips of this size - they'll work, believe me.
I would like to see how can you even catch that pin with these gigantic grips not even talking pulling it out

I use small pliers similar to those on the picture
jamichx is online now Find More Posts by jamichx
Last edited by jamichx; Today at 02:25 AM.