New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 02, 2009, 01:04 AM
Find More Posts by tomhe
Linköping, Sweden
Joined Jan 2007
260 Posts
Discussion
Quick-Build Profile Eurofighter Typhoon

Here are plans for a profile Eurofighter Typhoon. Like my other designs, it features the same type of simple tabbed construction for a quick and easy build. The dimensions for slots and tabs are made for 6 mm depron.

It is intended to be flown with tailerons only, but I've made out markings for a rudder. I've not marked out the slot for the motor, so you will have to mark that yourselves.

Data

Wing span: 73 cm (29 inches)
Length: 101 cm (40 inches)
CoG location: 12 cm (4.75 inches) from wingbreak
Propeller slot: Fits propellers with a maximum diameter of 6 inches

Build instructions

Use the MiG-29 instruction manual. The construction steps are exactly the same.

Plans

Plans for this model in PDF, Google Sketchup, and AutoCad formats, can be downloaded from http://rc.tomhe.net/eurofighter. The tiled plans are intended to be printed centered at 100 %.

Kit availability

Purchase your kit from 6mmFlyRC.

Consolidated information

Consolidated information on this model is available on my website.
tomhe is offline Find More Posts by tomhe
Last edited by tomhe; Jun 02, 2009 at 01:12 AM. Reason: Edited kit availablility
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 02, 2009, 06:10 AM
Find More Posts by ozzi supercub
WiggleWiggleWiggle
South Australia
Joined Jan 2008
6,074 Posts
That is awsome and is now firmly at the top of my "to do" list. The addition of the rudder will allow some high alfa for sure and if you make the canards functional who knows what this thing will be capable of.

Thanks for sharing.
ozzi supercub is offline Find More Posts by ozzi supercub
Old Jan 02, 2009, 07:09 AM
Find More Posts by jetcaptain
Have Fun! Land, Sea or Air
United States, TX, Austin
Joined Jul 2006
1,360 Posts
That looks great! It would be interesting to see how it would fly with a canard.
jetcaptain is online now Find More Posts by jetcaptain
Old Jan 02, 2009, 12:00 PM
Find More Posts by crxmanpat
Pusher jets rule!
Mesa, AZ
Joined Jan 2006
18,044 Posts
Looks good Tomas! I was wondering where you were, you've been sort of quiet lately.

And of course, I'll just HAVE to do one! Any plans to have someone kit this?

EDIT - I've just printed the plans, and I have a question. What has happened with the motor mounting area? Normally, you have a recessed area ahead of the prop canyon for the motor mount, but it seems that was left off the current plans. Was that an oversight?

Pat
crxmanpat is offline Find More Posts by crxmanpat
Last edited by crxmanpat; Jan 02, 2009 at 12:12 PM.
Old Jan 02, 2009, 02:00 PM
Find More Posts by tomhe
Linköping, Sweden
Joined Jan 2007
260 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by crxmanpat
Looks good Tomas! I was wondering where you were, you've been sort of quiet lately.
I know. I haven't had much time over for my hobby lately, but I'm hoping for some more time now.

Quote:
And of course, I'll just HAVE to do one! Any plans to have someone kit this?
I'll talk to 6mmFlyRC to see if they are interested.

Quote:
EDIT - I've just printed the plans, and I have a question. What has happened with the motor mounting area? Normally, you have a recessed area ahead of the prop canyon for the motor mount, but it seems that was left off the current plans. Was that an oversight?
I actually mentioned it in my post, but I didn't state why I didn't mark the slot for the motor: I figured that people use different motors and different mount options, so I tried this one without markings to let the builders have it their way. Let me know if this was a bad idea.
Old Jan 02, 2009, 02:06 PM
Pusher jets rule!
Mesa, AZ
Joined Jan 2006
18,044 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomhe
I actually mentioned it in my post, but I didn't state why I didn't mark the slot for the motor: I figured that people use different motors and different mount options, so I tried this one without markings to let the builders have it their way. Let me know if this was a bad idea.
Ah, I missed that part of your post. Actually, for the scratchers like myself, this is a good idea as it lets us choose our mounting style. As long as the prop fits in the canyon, it should be OK. In fact, I like to make my motor mounts very secure, and I can easily cut out just the right amount of foam to fit my style. I'll post pics when I do it.

If by chance you do have 6mmFlyRC add this to their Quick Build series, I'm sure they could modify the plan to include the standard cut out for the motor.

Pat
Old Jan 02, 2009, 02:10 PM
Find More Posts by burkefj
X-15 Jockey
Joined Oct 2006
2,520 Posts
Looks great, captured the lines very well and is very simple.

Frank
burkefj is offline Find More Posts by burkefj
Old Jan 02, 2009, 02:28 PM
Find More Posts by eliworm
You sabotaged my plane.
Arizona
Joined Jun 2002
2,917 Posts
Looks good. I just downloaded the dxf to get it ready to laser cut. I have to have one of these.

Jim
eliworm is offline Find More Posts by eliworm
Old Jan 02, 2009, 03:45 PM
Find More Posts by tomhe
Linköping, Sweden
Joined Jan 2007
260 Posts
Quote:
If by chance you do have 6mmFlyRC add this to their Quick Build series, I'm sure they could modify the plan to include the standard cut out for the motor.
I've talked to Colby and they'll have a kit with a slot for their standard motor combo ready shortly.
Old Jan 02, 2009, 04:21 PM
Pusher jets rule!
Mesa, AZ
Joined Jan 2006
18,044 Posts
Awesome! From the 22nd to 25th of this month, we're having the 5th Annual Arizona Electric Festival. This event draws huge crowds, with over 200 registered pilots, all flying electric-powered aircraft. My fleet will be made up primarily of pusher park jets!

I really enjoy showing these things off for the crowds.

Pat
Old Jan 03, 2009, 06:27 AM
Find More Posts by Wynterhawk
Connecticut, USA
Joined Oct 2008
322 Posts
Tomhe - Good to see ya, great design!

Pat - wish I could join ya in AZ its nothin but single digits and snow up here in CT...but then I'm getting some buildin time in for sure..
Wynterhawk is offline Find More Posts by Wynterhawk
Old Jan 04, 2009, 11:20 PM
Find More Posts by Kurt Barker
Lincoln,UK
Joined Oct 2007
51 Posts
Power Combo

Hi Guys,

Can anyone recommend a power combo for this model, preferably with an internet link? Of course being in the UK, that's the easy way to do it!

Greatly appreciated and great model Tomhe, it's on the list. Oh my fiance just loves me covering the dining table with bits of depron.....

Thanks,
Kurt
Kurt Barker is offline Find More Posts by Kurt Barker
Old Jan 05, 2009, 12:02 AM
Find More Posts by tomhe
Linköping, Sweden
Joined Jan 2007
260 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt Barker
Can anyone recommend a power combo for this model, preferably with an internet link? Of course being in the UK, that's the easy way to do it!
The 2212-06 (or one of its clones) and a 30 A ESC are perfect for this model. Don't have a UK link though.
Old Jan 06, 2009, 10:08 AM
Find More Posts by eliworm
You sabotaged my plane.
Arizona
Joined Jun 2002
2,917 Posts
Here she is so far. I should have it test flown on Thursday or Friday. Not sure about color yet. I'll have to do some searching on the net and see whats out there.

Jim
eliworm is offline Find More Posts by eliworm
Old Jan 06, 2009, 10:26 AM
Find More Posts by yanivgoa
Joined Jun 2007
170 Posts
look realy cool
yanivgoa is offline Find More Posts by yanivgoa