SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by nom, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Nov 23, 2011, 08:30 PM
nom
United States, ID, Boise
Joined Mar 2011
2,106 Posts
Yippee!
Parkzone BF109

Well I decided to get the PZ BF109 airframe for my next build and I wasn't disappointed. I had a Headsup RC 3536 motor that I picked up on the For Sale forum and slapped it on the airframe. Installed all the electronics and decided to do the flaps as well. Since I fly at a nearby school most of my planes don't have landing gear and I opt for belly landing so I also decided to go with a 2 bladed prop. The flaps make it pretty easy to land the plane but will have to consider throwing on the gear to see how it is to ROG. Anyhow this airframe only needed to have a few clicks and it was flying pretty good. It was the easiest maiden that I have ever had, I was a bit worried because I read the forums and saw that many people were having issues with torque rolls, especially when hand tossing. Not a single problem with the hand toss this last weekend. I did notice that after a few belly landings foam was slowly coming off but Max headspeed pointed me (thank you sir!) to his blog and I will be making some mods to make the plane a bit tougher using epoxy and minwax clear satin. Needless to say I really like how this bird flies, I worry that I will not have enough time to fly my birds
nom is online now Find More Posts by nom
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 11, 2014, 03:42 PM
"its not a hobby its obsession
United Kingdom, Meopham
Joined Jul 2014
1,195 Posts
Do u still have this 109 nom ??
jiggz is offline Find More Posts by jiggz