HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by billpa, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jul 07, 2012, 12:47 AM
But often down to earth
Oklahoma, USA
Joined Sep 2010
736 Posts
I was looking at the "WINDOWS APPLICATION REVISION HISTORY" on the Eagletree site and noticed this:

"Version 10.43: -EagleEyes: Updates to Guardian 2D/3D Stabilizer support"

Does anyone know what interface the Guardian 2D/3D can have with the EagleEyes? Bill?

Maybe I missed it somewhere.

Steve
Floater73 is offline Find More Posts by Floater73
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 07, 2012, 01:26 AM
Team JetiUSA
Santa Clara, CA
Joined Nov 2008
986 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flying-llama View Post
One question: was your 3D mode in rate or heading-hold sub-mode?
In rate sub-mode, I could seen some nose drop in rate, I would be more surprised in heading-hold
heading-hold. I confirmed today.

Peter+
pvogel is offline Find More Posts by pvogel
Old Jul 07, 2012, 02:36 PM
Rick
United States, CA, Santa Clara
Joined Mar 2011
1,855 Posts
replaced with next post by author
choochoo22 is online now Find More Posts by choochoo22
Last edited by choochoo22; Jul 07, 2012 at 04:41 PM. Reason: attach illustration
Old Jul 07, 2012, 04:39 PM
Rick
Joined Mar 2011
1,855 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by epoweredrc View Post
Well i got it working, but its moving the controls backwards. guess need to rev something somewhere.
I forgot my RX does have a AUX channe guess can use that for gain control
should have said guess using speckturm radio
Yes, I should have mentioned that you may have to reverse some things to get the controls working the way you want. Your radio probably has a "servo monitor" display showing the output position of all channels. This should be your guide in setting things up. Also, if the Guardian is making corrections in the wrong direction, you need to turn the onboard pots in the other direction, see the manual illustration on page 7 attached below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by epoweredrc View Post
So I need to set like the flap channel switch for +100 0 and -100 for 3d/ off/ 2d?
Yes, and reversing the channel will swap the 2D-3D modes to suit your taste on the switch.
Old Jul 07, 2012, 05:35 PM
Joined Apr 2010
112 Posts
Instruction on web out of date

I just got my Guardian Stabilizer. The instructions said I should go to the website to get the latest version of the instructions. The version that came with my device is 1.3, the version on the web is 1.2.

http://eagletreesystems.com/Support/...an%202D-3D.pdf
Scott216 is offline Find More Posts by Scott216
Old Jul 07, 2012, 06:40 PM
Canton, Michigan USA
Joined Jul 2007
16,221 Posts
If you backorder purchase the Guardian do they also charge your credit card? I see that they do charge your Paypal account but what about a credit card?
Prof100 is online now Find More Posts by Prof100
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 07, 2012, 07:05 PM
Static Model Collector LOL
Katy, TX
Joined Dec 2009
1,448 Posts
CC or PP either way it's charged at the time of order.

I am starting to get a bit worried, I figured this thread would have been flooded by now with videos of some amazing flying

For those of you who recently received your unit, please post on your experience on how the setup process went and has the unit performed as you hoped it would

Thanks,

FCA
FLAME747 is offline Find More Posts by FLAME747
Old Jul 07, 2012, 07:41 PM
Canton, Michigan USA
Joined Jul 2007
16,221 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLAME747 View Post

I am starting to get a bit worried, I figured this thread would have been flooded by now with videos of some amazing flying

For those of you who recently received your unit, please post on your experience on how the setup process went and has the unit performed as you hoped it would

Thanks,

FCA
Thanks. I may just order one anyway.

Regarding videos -- I, too, want to see some from all the beta testers. The text of flight reports is nice, but to me it never happened unless it's on video.
Prof100 is online now Find More Posts by Prof100
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 07, 2012, 09:55 PM
Joined Mar 2001
2,624 Posts
I flew mine on my Easystar this evening. Two flights in some sweltering heat. I was really hoping for some wind, but the air was dead calm. I did record video, but I haven't had time to process them yet. I launched in 2D mode, and had absolutely no problems. The Guardian seemed to make the Easystar even more stable than it already is. I can't put my finger on it, but the plane seemed "lighter" in the air. I did think I saw some oscillations here and there; I'll know more when I look at the video. Setup was really simple with the software.

Tony
t-turley is offline Find More Posts by t-turley
Old Jul 07, 2012, 10:38 PM
24 yrs. of Aircraft flying
United States, GA, Rockmart
Joined Oct 2004
5,704 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLAME747 View Post

Thanks,

FCA
got mine all installed and got my radio working ( talking) to the gaurdiaun right now, so tomorrow i will fly it and will try to get some video to post. I will try to get some onboard video also not that you be able to see whats going on much. guess I could record pointing toward the rear of the plane then you could see the elevens working. its a flying wing type plane.

Will be going in my 42 AJ slick when I know what i am fully doing.

KEY notes
make sure you have a 3 way switch on your TX your going to use so you can set the following

+100
this is how you make it go from 3d to off to 2d I was confused about this at first.
I am using a DX7 and having to use the flap mode part of the radio.

I have a DX8 I will be learning how to make the flap switch on it come on right now its inh. and can't make it cut on just got it so still playing around with it.

Also when you get it set up in the plane you have to plug the battery in and within 15 seconds go from 2d to 3d back to 2d you will see the servos move back and forth then stop this is how you make the plane know where level is.
Kinda confusing I plan to try to make a Video showing how to install this unit I find videos more helpful then reading the manual.
epoweredrc is online now Find More Posts by epoweredrc
Old Jul 07, 2012, 10:41 PM
Joined Apr 2010
112 Posts
Aileron travel different amounts

I'm trying to setup my plane with a the guardian. I'm putting it in my Apprentice so it can be used as a trainer for my kids. I'm using a spektrum DX7 radio and a 5 channel Rx. I have two aileron servos and I don't use a Y-harness; I was plugging both servos into my receiver, now both go into the guardian. I noticed that now with the guadian the ailerons don't travel the same amount, the right one travels much more then the left. Is this normal?

Also, I'd like to map my 3 position flap switch to the gear channel on my Rx, anyone know how to do that?
Scott216 is offline Find More Posts by Scott216
Old Jul 07, 2012, 10:53 PM
Team JetiUSA
Santa Clara, CA
Joined Nov 2008
986 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott216 View Post
I'm trying to setup my plane with a the guardian. I'm putting it in my Apprentice so it can be used as a trainer for my kids. I'm using a spektrum DX7 radio and a 5 channel Rx. I have two aileron servos and I don't use a Y-harness; I was plugging both servos into my receiver, now both go into the guardian. I noticed that now with the guadian the ailerons don't travel the same amount, the right one travels much more then the left. Is this normal?

Also, I'd like to map my 3 position flap switch to the gear channel on my Rx, anyone know how to do that?
With the Guardian and the Apprentice, I would run the single AIL channel to the AIL lead on the guardian, leave AUX1 lead from the guardian disconnected and connect the MOD lead from the guardian to your GEAR channel on the RX. On the other side of the Guardian you NEED to use a Y-harness for your ailerons, you cannot use the aux channel on the guardian because your RX isn't supplying it. You'll also need to leave the GAIN lead disconnected on the input side since you don't have a channel for that (I would personally pick up an AR600 so I could use the aux channel on the RX to supply GAIN.

As for the DX7 switch programming, is this an original DX7 or one of the new ones? As I recall from the original DX7 switch assignment functions are quite limited.

Peter+
pvogel is offline Find More Posts by pvogel
Old Jul 07, 2012, 11:22 PM
USA, KS, Derby
Joined Mar 2003
1,473 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott216 View Post

Check back post #777 (http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=777) in this thread. Maybe that will solve your issue with the dual aileron.
ricoalonso is offline Find More Posts by ricoalonso
Old Jul 07, 2012, 11:38 PM
Joined Jul 2009
287 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof100 View Post
If you backorder purchase the Guardian do they also charge your credit card? I see that they do charge your Paypal account but what about a credit card?
When they first started the internet sales they did charge your CC, but they now don't charge the card until they ship. But they can't control PP sales & it is PP that charges when you order, not Eagle Tree.

Jed
jedorme is offline Find More Posts by jedorme
Old Jul 08, 2012, 01:22 AM
Rick
Joined Mar 2011
1,855 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof100 View Post
The following is what Eagle Tree had to say on this issue back in Feb. (They said later they were unable to fix the immediate charge on Paypal)

Quote:
Originally Posted by billpa View Post
However, we made some upgrades to our system recently, and the LAST thing we want to do is upset people, so after a long adventure today, for credit card purchases our cart now does authorization at order time, and does not charge until ship time. Presently paypal purchases are still charged immediately - that's tomorrow's adventure. If you have a credit card preorder with us already, and want us to delay the charge, just respond to your order acknowledgement email and ask to cancel the order. Due to our card security policy, we're not able to reprocess the order automatically, so you'll just need to place the order again if you want to preorder again and take advantage of the new policy. Sorry again for any confusion this may have caused people.