SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio

Futaba S.Bus Installation - Video Tutorial

Futaba's S.Bus technology allows for clean wiring inside a fuselage and additional programming options for S.Bus capable servos. Check out this video tutorial to learn more.

Splash

Demystifying S.Bus

Futaba's S.Bus technology has been around for years, but there's many modelers out there that don't understand how the system works, and what the benefits are of using S.Bus. In this video tutorial that I put together for FlyingGiants.com, I explain a bit about Futaba S.Bus technology, program a few of the servos, and install the system in a Flitework Pilatus PC-6 Turbo Porter.

Not only is the system a breeze to install, but the single wire output makes branching off to additional servos a neat and painless process. If you're using the Futaba 14SG or other S.Bus capable transmitter, you can quickly and easily program your servos without the need for a computer and USB dongle.

The Video Tutorial

Futaba S.Bus - FlyingGiants Video Tutorial (13 min 52 sec)

Items Used:

Links

You can learn more about S.Bus on the official Futaba webpage

Last edited by Matt Gunn; Jun 24, 2015 at 01:10 PM..
Old Jun 26, 2015, 02:20 PM
Find More Posts by bob581955
Joined Dec 2012
2 Posts
I see you trying to keep up with FrSky.
bob581955 is offline Find More Posts by bob581955
Old Jun 26, 2015, 03:03 PM
Find More Posts by Don 2416n
San Diego
Joined Feb 2003
211 Posts
I thought Futaba had this out before FrSky.
Don 2416n is offline Find More Posts by Don 2416n
Old Jun 26, 2015, 03:36 PM
Find More Posts by GlennBoy
United States, CO, Lakewood
Joined Aug 2012
1 Posts
After watching this video, I plan to stick with my "old fashoned" Spektrum radio and digital servos. The S-bus system is way more complicated to hook up; With the digital servos, you just plug into your receiver and program. No figuring out hubs and connection schemes, and how many batteries, one for each hub? How does that simplify wiring? And the S-bus programming is a lot more complicated than anything I want to use. I can see that there are some additional programming features available with the S-bus servos, but none that I think I would have to have for successful flying. Finally, without even checking pricing, I know the S-bus system is way more expensive than the best digital servo system because of all the extra hardware you need.
GlennBoy is offline Find More Posts by GlennBoy
Old Jun 26, 2015, 03:59 PM
Find More Posts by Don 2416n
San Diego
Joined Feb 2003
211 Posts
I use the FRSky version on my quad copter. For that application it's great. A lot less wiring no hubs or servo adapters and was able to utilize an 8 channel receiver as a 14 channel rcvr.
Don 2416n is offline Find More Posts by Don 2416n
Old Jul 03, 2015, 08:11 AM
Find More Posts by Powerdyne
KBDD Team Pilot
United States, IN, Muncie
Joined Mar 2013
1,540 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don 2416n View Post
I thought Futaba had this out before FrSky.
You would be correct.
Powerdyne is offline Find More Posts by Powerdyne
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: TSA Infusion 600E Pro Build
Old Jul 14, 2015, 06:27 AM
Find More Posts by ripacheco
rip
United States, FL, Niceville
Joined Jan 2013
2,883 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennBoy View Post
After watching this video, I plan to stick with my "old fashoned" Spektrum radio and digital servos. The S-bus system is way more complicated to hook up; With the digital servos, you just plug into your receiver and program. No figuring out hubs and connection schemes, and how many batteries, one for each hub? How does that simplify wiring? And the S-bus programming is a lot more complicated than anything I want to use. I can see that there are some additional programming features available with the S-bus servos, but none that I think I would have to have for successful flying. Finally, without even checking pricing, I know the S-bus system is way more expensive than the best digital servo system because of all the extra hardware you need.
Futaba's S.Bus technology has been around for years, but there's many modelers out there that don't understand how the system works...

And even after the video people still don't get it...
What extra bateteries? The hubs are nothing but Y... There nothing complicated about thus stuff... Geeez!
ripacheco is online now Find More Posts by ripacheco