Old Yesterday, 05:55 AM
Find More Posts by zbemerson
FPV Funds Accepted. Thanks.
United States, KY, Lexington
Joined Jan 2015
339 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnascimento3 View Post
no money to buy a cheap car (Jumbo+set up are more expensive than a used car here kkk) but I could think about moving near to the park where I fly and then get a Bicycle...

kkkk you should see how Koreans look at me in the subway kkkk normally they already stare at me, I am kind of Alien right? Then bringing that huge stuff I guess I am an alien bringing my own Space Ship....

Anyway guys I will be testing a 915mhz LRS.... and its ready to fly, I am thinking I I can go flying on Friday... lets see..
I'm really excited to see how your TBS LRS works out. I saw a video on it the other day and thought it an interesting concept.
zbemerson is online now Find More Posts by zbemerson
to remove ads between posts
Old Yesterday, 07:53 AM
Joined Jan 2015
339 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorr View Post
Back to one of the Rangers minor faults - the taxiing nosedive.

Enough!

75mm ahead (3") and 90mm wheels, (3.5") that should fix it.
I'm thinking about doing this.. Any issues thus far? I was wondering with the gear that far forward of the CG, if it causes any bending/creasing in the fuselage on hard landings. Also, how easy/difficult is it to balance on CG with the weight of the LG moved forward? And it looks like you used bigger bolts to anchor it to the fuse. Did you drill out the LG frame? Any issues there? And finally, did you use the same washers on the inside of the plane, or did you use some kind of bracket?
Thanks for sharing a great idea
Last edited by zbemerson; Yesterday at 07:59 AM.
Old Yesterday, 07:56 AM
Find More Posts by Gnascimento3
I believe I can Fly.....
South Korea, Busan
Joined Apr 2014
203 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by yak-54 View Post
well with all the issues speedy i change it with one of these

and i though i have a look at the plug on the motor
well just as well it would have failed real quick one of the wires was just hanging in there real bad solder job so put new plugs on

well with new speedy the stock motor is so smooth and a lot quieter to

I just the PNP version because it was scratch Hobby King was selling fo the same price the Kit version in other stores, but yeah guys, this is my secont volantex plane and I never used their motor or ESC, the number of incidents mentions are so high even Alishimao who always Ad their products told in a comment that his Ranger (or Raptor) got fire because the stock ESC (or motor?), I dont understand why they are dont move towards the improvements that are clearly needy.... it would save us a lot of time and money

Anyway, I have a hobby king 60a and it is cheap and works great
Gnascimento3 is online now Find More Posts by Gnascimento3
Old Yesterday, 07:11 PM
Find More Posts by mrfirkin
Oh, Ho, Ho, It's Magic!
Australia, VIC, Southbank
Joined Apr 2004
1,745 Posts
aeroscar/shapeways pitot mount

At last, I finally got the 3DR Pitot tube and fitted the mount.

How cool is that !

I've added the landing gear shim too.
mrfirkin is online now Find More Posts by mrfirkin
Old Yesterday, 09:30 PM
Joined Jan 2015
339 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrfirkin View Post
At last, I finally got the 3DR Pitot tube and fitted the mount.

How cool is that !

I've added the landing gear shim too.
Man I wish my OSD had air speed capabilities! That looks awesome, and functional to boot?? Too cool man.
Old Yesterday, 10:29 PM
Oh, Ho, Ho, It's Magic!
Joined Apr 2004
1,745 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zbemerson View Post
Man I wish my OSD had air speed capabilities! That looks awesome, and functional to boot?? Too cool man.
Thanks for the compliment! (well thanks to airoscar)

I love it. Yes,it's fully functional (used with my Pixhawk).

What flight controller/osd do you use ?
Old Yesterday, 10:38 PM
Oh, Ho, Ho, It's Magic!
Joined Apr 2004
1,745 Posts
Bthway, I can't use the gear cover plate that goes with the shim. The original bolts aren't quite long enough. I'll have to look through my spares box.
Old Today, 12:24 AM
Joined Jan 2015
339 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrfirkin View Post
Thanks for the compliment! (well thanks to airoscar)

I love it. Yes,it's fully functional (used with my Pixhawk).

What flight controller/osd do you use ?
Arkbird. It's worked very well thus far. The only thing missing is an airspeed sensor.
Old Today, 12:32 AM
Joined Jan 2015
339 Posts
Quote:
I'm thinking about doing this.. Any issues thus far? I was wondering with the gear that far forward of the CG, if it causes any bending/creasing in the fuselage on hard landings. Also, how easy/difficult is it to balance on CG with the weight of the LG moved forward? And it looks like you used bigger bolts to anchor it to the fuse. Did you drill out the LG frame? Any issues there? And finally, did you use the same washers on the inside of the plane, or did you use some kind of bracket?
Thanks for sharing a great idea
I went ahead and made the LG mod. Going to test it out tomorrow, but I can tell you that this is by far the most rigid my LG has ever been. There is ZERO flex and it puts the wheels a hair further than the wedge had them. We'll see how it does tomorrow. Hopefully she'll still balance on CG well enough.
Also, I am going to attempt a low altitude endurance flight tomorrow where I'll hold a long rectangular pattern to see how long my flight time can get. Last time I half assed it (due to running out of time to be at the field) and made it to a half hour with 3.89v/cell. I plan on taking the batteries down to 3.3v/cell this time so I should hit close to an hour if not just over.
Old Today, 01:24 AM
Oh, Ho, Ho, It's Magic!
Joined Apr 2004
1,745 Posts
Quote:
I went ahead and made the LG mod. Going to test it out tomorrow, but I can tell you that this is by far the most rigid my LG has ever been. There is ZERO flex and it puts the wheels a hair further than the wedge had them. We'll see how it does tomorrow. Hopefully she'll still balance on CG well enough.
Also, I am going to attempt a low altitude endurance flight tomorrow where I'll hold a long rectangular pattern to see how long my flight time can get. Last time I half assed it (due to running out of time to be at the field) and made it to a half hour with 3.89v/cell. I plan on taking the batteries down to 3.3v/cell this time so I should hit close to an hour if not just over.
I like that LG mod too.

Good luck for tomorrow