SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 30, 2010, 02:23 PM
Find More Posts by Lboogie
Sebastian Fla
Joined Nov 2005
601 Posts
Alert
BobCAD nightmare

I should have done more homework and NEVER done any business with BobCAD-CAM.

That being said, I am out about $600.00 with no working software and no refund and no possibility to make the software work (as per there tech dept).

Buyer beware

I'm looking for a good 3D CAM package I don't need CAD <-- have some

YMMV

Leonard
Lboogie is offline Find More Posts by Lboogie
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 30, 2010, 02:40 PM
Find More Posts by Float Flyer
It actually Flies!
Salmon Arm, British Columbia, Canada
Joined Feb 2006
548 Posts
I looked at Bobcam as well, but did not like the feel of their website. Sorry you had to be the one to confirm my feelings!!

If you have Rhino, then consider Rhinocam from mecsoft dot com. A little more than what you paid, but very very nice to use. I was up and using the demo in about 10 minutes. Some good tutorials as well. They have some other cam software as well. It really like their software support, and how transparent at least Rhinocam is to my workspace. It is a plugin to Rhino, so you would have to look at one of their other products for other programs.

FF
Float Flyer is offline Find More Posts by Float Flyer
Old Jan 30, 2010, 07:08 PM
Find More Posts by T_om
The Junk Man
Jacksonville, Florida
Joined Jul 2006
2,259 Posts
What was the problem with "no working software". That covers a lot of ground.

Tom
T_om is offline Find More Posts by T_om
Old Jan 30, 2010, 07:42 PM
Sebastian Fla
Joined Nov 2005
601 Posts
V23 Mill Pro throws a "Security Failure 6" error when trying to generate 3D toolpaths. Only workaround to to revert to Mill standard, at least that's what there technician, Allen, said. He said its a known issue with Pro. I wonder why they have it available? So I own V23 mill pro that will only do a 2D toolpath. Or revert to mill std. I OVER paid, LOL

Regards,
Leonard
Old Feb 10, 2010, 01:59 PM
Find More Posts by Sowen_BobCAD
Joined Feb 2010
4 Posts
BobCAD Security Error

I work in support at bobcad, yes there is an occasional security error right now.
This happens only on some computers and we are looking to resolve this issue.

As for only 2d, that is not true the standard has 7 other 3d tool-paths that are usable in the standard version. 2 types of Z level, spiral, radial, planer, plunge and engraving. The Pro module only consist of 1 type of tool path.

If this is an issue for you I'm sure we can make good on what was sold to you.

Call me if you would like , 727-489-0003 ask for Sean Owen. (support department manager.)
Sowen_BobCAD is offline Find More Posts by Sowen_BobCAD
Old Feb 10, 2010, 09:06 PM
Sebastian Fla
Joined Nov 2005
601 Posts
Sean,

Have a look at the attached pics. You will notice the security FAILURE error when trying to do Z-level roughing, which is an included "3D" tool path with the mill standard, is it not?

I also have screen scrapes of the same computer running your software prior to licensing.

I am currently awaiting a refund. If you want to help, expedite my refund.

Buyer Beware.
Last edited by Lboogie; Oct 08, 2010 at 03:57 PM.
Old Feb 11, 2010, 08:15 AM
Joined Feb 2010
4 Posts
I can help but need some info.

In no way am I doubting there is a problem , again this is known to happen sometimes.

I can see what I can do on my side, I will need to know your customer ID so that I can pull your account and contact you, If I cannot resolve the issue , we can talk refund but do give me the opportunity to try to assist you.

You can call me with this info or email it to me sowen@bobcad.com.

On a side note: Who-ever reported my post as a violation or obnoxious behavior. I am not trying to sell something, I am trying to help someone!

Your post was reported for violating the following rule:
Trolling (Obnoxious behavior)

Are forums not there so that people can discuss things and find assistance ?
Old Feb 11, 2010, 08:26 AM
Joined Feb 2010
4 Posts
Found a resolve for you

If you contact me I can fix the "Security Failure 6" , your tag and password need updating in our database and It should work fine, it seems as though the "Security Failure 6" , was probably because we had a server down for a while, so If you get a hold of me,
I will either resolve the issue for you or get you a refund.

Just get a hold of me so that we can handle this.
Last edited by Sowen_BobCAD; Feb 11, 2010 at 08:27 AM. Reason: worded poorly
Old Feb 11, 2010, 10:13 AM
Sebastian Fla
Joined Nov 2005
601 Posts
Sean,

Below you will find a synopsis of my dealings with BobCAD. I have taken the necessary steps to get a refund. I no longer have the software as it has been sent back and received by BobCAD as confirmed by Stephanie Ehrhardt per RMA# 0210SE133xxx. Pay special attention to 2-2-10 9:14AM (toward the end). Unless you have authorization to cut me a refund check I can not see how my contacting you will get me my refund.

Regards,
Leonard C.
Customer #32xxx

"Please note this is my formal written request to be issued a return authorization number and refund of invoices numbered #133xx and #133xx.

To whom it may concern.
Please issue an RMA (‘return authorization request”) number and refund of my purchase price for invoices #133xx and #133xx
totaling $661.65 USD.

Per a number of documented phone conversations it has been determined the software I purchased from BobCAD-CAM will not perform the functionality
either demonstrated in real time by Mike G. on 1-26-10 at approximately 10:30 AM EST or documented on your own web site www.bobcad.com. I have made every allowance to your technicians to resolve the problem.

Per my most recent conversation with a BobCAD-CAM representative Allen (last name not given) 1-30-10 11:24 AM EST, it has been made known to me, that the software I have will continue to fail during the generation of toolpath code and the only resolution is to revert to a version of the software which does not provide the functionality I purchased. Unacceptable.

LOG:
1-26-10 10:21 AM EST
Received phone call from Josh Pichette regarding BobCAD-CAM version 23.

Spoke for a while, he then transferred me to Mike G (a technician) who did a live demo the functionality of BobCAD-CAM via gotomeeting, upon
a 3D model I supplied via e-mail. During the demonstration I asked if the functions available to me in the demo version of V23, which I downloaded from www.bobcad.com, and the live demo where going to be included in the version of software I would purchase. Mike G said yes.

1-27-10 4:26 PM EST
E-mail sent to Stephanie E. inquiring into the status of my order as none had been given at that time.

1-27-10 4:39 PM EST
Received e-mail from Stephanie E. including FedEX tracking number 10601866xx stating departure date of 1-26-10.

1-28-10 12:53 PM EST
Called regarding shipment status as FedEX web site shows the package hasn’t been picked up yet. I was told it would ship 1-28-10.

1-29-10 12:34 PM EST
Delivery.

1-29-10 1:42 PM EST
Called Josh regarding the software’s inability to perform the functions I was sold. Josh then stated he would have a manager call me back.

1-29-10 3:22 PM EST
Julie R phoned presenting herself as a representative of BobCAD-CAM. I explained the functionality I was promised during the live demo with Mike G, was not included in the software I received. Julie admitted (her word) I am entitled to the Pro version of BobCAD-CAM V23 and BobART. I was given an upgrade to Pro, invoice #133xx. I went on to explain I was still without the ability to run an animated simulation of my toolpaths. This feature was promised in the live demo. At which time I was transferred to Chris C. who presented himself as having 20 years with BobCAD-CAM. I explained to Chris when I ran a “verify” operation on a part, for which I had generated toolpaths, I would get an error. Chris stated this is not how the software should work. I agreed. I was then transferred to Allen Depaulo.

Allen Depaulo initiated a gotomeeting connection during which he updated my video driver software and ran two “Predator” software installation files. Upon completion I inquired as to when I could obtain my license for the Pro version (invoice #133xx). Allen attempted to talk me through the licensing of the product. Allen stated he did not know how to perform the licensing task, amid much foul language, at which time I was transferred to a woman who stated I should use the License #17xx and password LVWCDxxx. Which I did.

1-29-10 4:54 PM
Called Stephanie to verify my upgrade to PRO (invoice #133xx) who stated the action had been taken.

1-29-10 4:57 PM
I tried to generate 3D toolpaths and received error “Security Failure 6”.

1-29-10 5:02 PM
Phoned tech support and had support ticket #BS0000xx issued, logged on and had support ticket #BS0000xx issued with more detail.

1-30-10 11:24 AM
Received call from Allen (last name not given) representing himself as a technician from BobCAD regarding my “Security failure 6” error. Allen stated this is a known issue and the only resolution is to revert to a version of software which does not perform the functionality I purchased. Allen stated because the software will not perform I should expect a refund.
Thanks for your understanding. Your immediate attention is appreciated.
Regards,

1-30-10 4:18 PM EST
Filed tech support ticket BS0000xx stating I can do 2D toolpaths but not 3D and ticket PS0000xx requesting information regarding post writing materials i.e. how BCC handles and implements Post script files.
1-30-10 11:18 PM
I loaded V23 as delivered from the CD into my second development PC. I did not run the license program. I did document the “License” screen under the “help” menu. The program does not include the equidistant function but runs fine. This copy expires if not licensed within 5 days of install.
2-1-10 10:18 AM
Al called asking about my “security failure 6” error. Al misrepresented my software as working as of Friday when I have documentation to the contrary. Al said the software I bought was working. I stated it clearly isn’t performing the advertised functions.

2-1-10 10:21 Called Cathy at City xx to begin dispute process.

2-1-10 10:45 AM Chris Corbell called at the request of Julie R. to update me that Bobcad was going to issue an RMA. I asked if I was getting a refund of my purchase price. Chris stated he doesn’t have anything to do with the refund or the decision regarding a refund. I stated that I didn’t know why I was talking to him if he could not speak to the issue of my refund. I also stated Chris should have someone with the authority to answer the question of my refund should call me back. No call as of 7:45 PM 2-1-10.

2-1-10 ~2PM I called Stephanie Ehrhardt regarding an e-mail from BobCAD dated 2-1-10 11:08 AM stating BobCAD will refund me per their refund policy. I inquired as to the value of the refund. I was told $477.00 USD. I asked when I should expect my refund, Stephanie stated it could be 2 -6 weeks from the time they receive my returned software. RMA# 0210SE1xx.

2-2-10 9:14 AM
Krista or Christian? Returned my phone call regarding de-authorization of my software. She confirmed I have been given a refund authorization. I take that that to mean, when they receive my software back they will issue a credit into my account. She had me input a number into the key 1 field under “de-authorize” under the “help” menu”, I did this and received a “De-authorization confirmation number”:16455xx
I confirmed with her my RMA number is 0210SE133xx and someone would be available to sign for the package upon receipt."

"Hello Leonard,
I just spoke to the Finance Department and they said your refund is scheduled for sometime next week.

You can reach me at 877-262-2231 ext 182.

Thank you,

Stephanie Ehrhardt
Verification Department
BobCAD-CAM Inc.
28200 US Hwy 19 North Suite E
Clearwater, FL 33761
Toll Free: 877-262-2231 Ext 182
Local: 727-442-3554 Ext 182
sehrhardt@bobcad.com
www.bobcad.com

LC wrote:
> Stephaine,
>
> What is the status of my refund. Thanks in advance.
>
> Regards,
> Leonard C.
> 772-xx
>
>
>
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Stephanie Ehrhardt , BobCad-Cam Inc.
> [mailto:sehrhardt@bobcad.com]
> Sent: Friday, February 05, 2010 11:00 AM
> To: LC
> Subject: Re: RMA 0210SE1xx
>
> Hello Leonard,
> We have received your package and shipping has routed your refund
> to the Finance Department. I will not know anything until Tuesday of
> next week. I will keep you posted.
>
> You can reach me at 877-262-2231 ext 182.
>
> Thank you,
>
> Stephanie Ehrhardt
> Verification Department
> BobCAD-CAM Inc.
> 28200 US Hwy 19 North Suite E
> Clearwater, FL 33761
> Toll Free: 877-262-2231 Ext 182
> Local: 727-442-3554 Ext 182
> sehrhardt@bobcad.com
> www.bobcad.com
>
>
>
> LC wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>>
>>
>> What is the status of my refund (RMA # 0120SE13 )? USPS shows
>> delivery confirmation of all returned materials as of 12:03 PM
>> February 03 2010. Your immediate attention is appreciated. Thanks in
>> advance.
>>
>>
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Leonard C."

Leonard C.
Customer #32xx
Last edited by Lboogie; Oct 08, 2010 at 03:57 PM.
Old Feb 15, 2010, 07:06 PM
Joined Feb 2010
4 Posts
Ok, see now I have the info..

I will take the invoice number and find out what is going on and get this expedited for you.
Old Jul 07, 2015, 07:59 PM
Find More Posts by Pgmr42
Joined Jul 2015
1 Posts
As a former (and regretful) BobCrap employee. This company is a joke. In 2 months they changed the pricing sheets twice and would never give proper sales training. But, if you keep pushing them off they'll practically give you the software. Just, be ready to NOT get support. That's the biggest complaint the shops I called on said, along with pressure selling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lboogie View Post
I should have done more homework and NEVER done any business with BobCAD-CAM.

That being said, I am out about $600.00 with no working software and no refund and no possibility to make the software work (as per there tech dept).

Buyer beware

YMMV

Leonard
Pgmr42 is offline Find More Posts by Pgmr42
Old Jul 07, 2015, 11:04 PM
Find More Posts by Roto Rob
Denver, CO
Joined Dec 2005
6,911 Posts
So what is the lowest price that I could expect if I upgraded three seats of V23 with mill, lathe, art, and nesting to the newest.
Roto Rob is online now Find More Posts by Roto Rob
Old Jul 09, 2015, 06:05 PM
Find More Posts by bbailey711
BBailey
United States, MI, Jackson
Joined Sep 2011
32 Posts
BobCAD-CAM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lboogie View Post
I should have done more homework and NEVER done any business with BobCAD-CAM .

Buyer beware

YMMV

Leonard
I am very sorry for you. I completely understand. I called them and over the next 3 days, I got different Sales Reps and I learned more and more. They hook you and then they start reeling. I wanted their CAM software and their small CAM Cutter. It starts out slow, "This is all you need", Then "No I don't know who told you that but you also need the package", .... I was $20,000K plus for what I wanted and still going before I said - Good Luck! They are not what I wold call straight up. But I can't afford a Solidworks System either.

I want you to really read this and weight it out for your needs. I use ONLY Open Source of Sourceforge. There are others also. They are FREE Developed by people that believe the Internet was intended to be Free and they are helping to keep it that way. They have a couple 2D CAD for DXFs and a heavy Cad 2D 3D Program, one that rivals Solidworks even with some better features. Utility Programs Inkscape that handles DXF. and Traces Programs.and a Special package that I only use in place of Microsoft Suite. On Win 7 when MS locked out my old version of Windows Suite and wanted me to buy the NEW one, I "communicated" with them and went to "Open Source" a complete Microsoft Suite Replacement Program. I can development in Word, Excel, Database, and Presentation.... as the program will open MS DOCs and Save in them as well. I use these completely as replacements for other programs. I hear complaining about them, but they have Viruses, or their settings have been changed by useless Shareware of Freeware, one off pieces. These Programs are integrated and if you add one you can add anothers.

Just thought I would share it here as I been through your hell. Symbols are somewhat different, and so on, as they don't want lawsuits for copying others Interface. If my PC is not clean and protected I have problems with these AND other programs

Take a 1/2 hour and read through SOME of the ones available and they tell you about other programs as well.

BBailey
bbailey711 is offline Find More Posts by bbailey711
Last edited by bbailey711; Jul 09, 2015 at 06:11 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old Jul 10, 2015, 06:55 AM
Find More Posts by dpot
France, Auvergne, Lapalisse
Joined Dec 2005
1,104 Posts
yes have seen lot like that bob not for me try devcad cam you get 600$ software for 100$
dpot is offline Find More Posts by dpot
Old Jul 10, 2015, 07:30 AM
Find More Posts by tom43004
Father of Fr3aK, DLG Pilot
USA, OH, Worthington
Joined May 2002
7,363 Posts
I bought BobCAD back in 2009 or so. Total joke. I never got a single piece of usable tool path from it. I posted a bunch of feedback and warnings here a few years ago. Unfortunately the forums here have more of an "out of sight, out of mind" kind of chronology.

They STILL call me to this day trying to sell me stuff even after I have gotten nasty with them a few times. The $800 or so I spent the first time around is all they'll ever get from me.

Look at VisualMill. I draw in Rhino and use the VisualMill (RhinoCAM) plugin and love them.
tom43004 is offline Find More Posts by tom43004