HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 06, 2014, 04:48 AM
Fly, Crash, Learn, Fly
France (Beaujolais-Vert)
Joined Nov 2008
318 Posts
Ok, thanks, I have ordered the cable, hope I can sort things out with that!

I will report back with my findings.
AdrenaCo is offline Find More Posts by AdrenaCo
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 16, 2014, 04:22 AM
Fly, Crash, Learn, Fly
France (Beaujolais-Vert)
Joined Nov 2008
318 Posts
I have received the cable and now the Servo Setup program works, thanks!

However, I don't seem to be able to get satisfying results with the re-programming.
It isn't just that the servo/rudder combination vibrates at neutral, it vibrates along the whole way (as if the servo does not move proportionally, but (jumpy), little step by little step) and it wants to vibrate at each position in which I'd like to hold the rudder.
Only when I make the set move quickly left/right, things seem to run smooth.
When friction is applied to the rudder it will move smoother. (But I have learned that friction is to be avoided…).

Just increasing the deadband did not change anything, so I started playing in "expert" mode, with "Beschleunigung" and "Timeout". When I move all of these values to their lowest possible settings (see picture) it seems to get just a little bit better, but still unacceptable…

This is a brand new servo which I have purchased together with two other identical ones for ailerons… All of which had to have their housing adapted to fit (removal of fixation plates). I hope I will not have the same problems with the other two (aileron) servo's after I linked them to the ailerons, but I don't think this servo is going to work for my rudder setup and I wonder if Graupner will give me back my money since I have modified their housings…

I have installed uncountable amounts of servos in my life, never ever have I seen or run into this…

Any further input that may lead to a solution is welcome.
Last edited by AdrenaCo; Mar 16, 2014 at 04:44 AM. Reason: Punctuation...
Old Mar 16, 2014, 09:48 AM
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Oct 2013
579 Posts
What kind of framerate are you using? For digital servos it is reommended to have it set at 10ms.

I have no idea how Graupner or their dealers are handling cases like yours in your country.
Graupner USA is offline Find More Posts by Graupner USA
Site Sponsor
Old Mar 16, 2014, 11:44 AM
Fly, Crash, Learn, Fly
France (Beaujolais-Vert)
Joined Nov 2008
318 Posts
Factory default, never ever played with frame rates…

Will see what I can find on that or, if you can guide me, that would be very welcome.

Is that the field called "period" in receiver setup?
I tried to set it to 10, then retried the servo, but still the same problem, so I've set that field back to 20.
(Please confirm if that's the field).

Thanks again!
Last edited by AdrenaCo; Mar 16, 2014 at 12:24 PM.
Old Mar 16, 2014, 03:23 PM
Joined Oct 2013
579 Posts
Yes, 10ms is the right number for digital servos and period is the field where you make the changes.

Could be you may have a faulty servo. Did you check the other ones with your radio? Also did you try to use a servo tester just to see how the servo works independent of the radio?.
Site Sponsor
Old Mar 17, 2014, 02:50 AM
Fly, Crash, Learn, Fly
France (Beaujolais-Vert)
Joined Nov 2008
318 Posts
Thanks for the confirmation.

I did try all 3 servo's, both with radio and with servo tester (on radio also with 2s Lipo).

Only when the rudder servo was mounted and linked the problem showed up. Also in the plane I tried with a servo tester and with the radio, same results.

All three servos seem to run ok and smooth when nothing is attached.

That's why I started to modify the housing and mounting them, since they appeared to work fine...

I have so far only linked up the rudder servo.

I will now start working on the aileron linkages.
Old Mar 17, 2014, 02:37 PM
Fly, Crash, Learn, Fly
France (Beaujolais-Vert)
Joined Nov 2008
318 Posts
Ok, finished installing the aileron servos.

They work great, the way they should.

I will try one or two suggestions given to me on the hardware side and if that fails as well I will see if I can get this servo replaced. Maybe it is a defective one…

Thanks for all the help.
Old Mar 17, 2014, 04:19 PM
Joined Oct 2013
579 Posts
You are welcome and good luck!
Site Sponsor
Old May 03, 2014, 09:37 AM
Fly, Crash, Learn, Fly
France (Beaujolais-Vert)
Joined Nov 2008
318 Posts
A bit late, but here is the promised feedback:

The good news:
My dealer had me send in the servo for inspection and sent me a brand new one!

The bad news:
The problem is still there...
Old Jun 16, 2014, 08:27 AM
Switzerland, BL, Münchenstein
Joined Jun 2014
1 Posts
Same problem with HVS 933

I'm from Switzerland and bought 4 HVS 933 for an airplain and see the same chittering problem on all of them.
I operate it with a Futaba 12FG and changed the receiver to see if the problem lays there. No changes. Then ran it with a Graupner setup. Same effect.
We tried together with the shop assistant to alter various settings in the programming of the servo, but failed to see any betterment. After sending it in to Graupner Germany, the problem persists the same. They stated to have changed the deadband (BTW the same as we did ourselves). Thinking now about what to do next.
In my opinion it is a problem of the PID parameters of the controller. But there is no way to access it with the programming tool supplied.
BrownRecluse is offline Find More Posts by BrownRecluse