Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jan 27, 2013, 11:37 AM
United States, Mt, Libby
Joined Nov 2007
1,412 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gchrisgo34 View Post
ive been doing some reading about running long wires from the motor, to the batteries inside the plane. i was planning to keep the esc's in the nacelles, and run long battery wires. but i read that you're supposed to run long motor wires, instead of running long battery wires. i dont have a lot of twin motor setup experience. does anyone else have any ideas, or suggestions on the matter?
I have 4 twins that have long battery leads. On all of them I have the ESCs in the nacelles and the batteries in the nose. My biggest one has 36" long battery leads. I run extra capacitors (low esr) on all of them. The caps are mounted right where the battery leads come out of the ESC. If you don't want to make your own , you can buy Cap Packs from Castle Creations http://www.castlecreations.com/produ...-cap-pack.html and all you have to do is solder them in place.
I have yet to have any issues with the way mine are setup. One thing I feel helps is I use big enough ESCs that I'm not running pushing them to their limits, I like to allow a 15 - 20% buffer.
Herman Munster is offline Find More Posts by Herman Munster
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 27, 2013, 01:45 PM
Up-Out-&-Gone
Charelston SC U.S.A.
Joined Mar 2007
15,434 Posts
Quote:
ive been doing some reading about running long wires from the motor, to the batteries inside the plane. i was planning to keep the esc's in the nacelles, and run long battery wires. but i read that you're supposed to run long motor wires, instead of running long battery wires. i dont have a lot of twin motor setup experience. does anyone else have any ideas, or suggestions on the matter?
Good to see you back on the Gob Sir, I salute you!
demondriver is online now Find More Posts by demondriver
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Introducing The "Demon-Claw"...
Old Jan 28, 2013, 04:58 PM
United States, GA, Jonesboro
Joined Nov 2010
1,639 Posts
i have a few of these capacitors i plug into my rx's on some of my planes. works kinda like a bec. wonder if plugging this into the reciever would work?
gchrisgo34 is offline Find More Posts by gchrisgo34
Old Jan 28, 2013, 05:30 PM
Up-Out-&-Gone
Charelston SC U.S.A.
Joined Mar 2007
15,434 Posts
Quote:
i have a few of these capacitors i plug into my rx's on some of my planes. works kinda like a bec. wonder if plugging this into the reciever would work?
Chrisgo are you trying to use these in place of an RX battery?
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 25, 2013, 06:54 PM
Mach One
Joined Apr 2011
1,971 Posts
Any updates?

gchrisgo,

Did you finish this plane yet or got busy with other projects? If you are still working on her, how is it going?
captain MoMo is offline Find More Posts by captain MoMo
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 29, 2013, 05:54 AM
Mach One
Joined Apr 2011
1,971 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by captain MoMo View Post
gchrisgo,

Did you finish this plane yet or got busy with other projects? If you are still working on her, how is it going?
Chris - any news on this model? You finish her yet? Now that you have your GC up and running I assume you will do this one next? ;-)
captain MoMo is offline Find More Posts by captain MoMo
RCG Plus Member
Old May 02, 2013, 05:06 PM
Joined Nov 2010
1,639 Posts
hey momo. ive put the ys-11 to the side for now to finish smaller & less complicated builds. im currently working on my flyjet x-830. I placed an order yesterday from HK, and I grabbed a couple of parts for the ys-11. I grabbed a gear door sequencer in case I use servos to operate the gear doors. ive been thinking of how ill do the doors. either double doors for each retract. or a single door for each. single would be much less complicated. but double would be more scale. ive never been a scale-nut, so well see. thanks for checking in
Old May 02, 2013, 06:09 PM
Up-Out-&-Gone
Charelston SC U.S.A.
Joined Mar 2007
15,434 Posts
Quote:
hey momo. ive put the ys-11 to the side for now to finish smaller & less complicated builds. im currently working on my flyjet x-830. I placed an order yesterday from HK, and I grabbed a couple of parts for the ys-11. I grabbed a gear door sequencer in case I use servos to operate the gear doors. ive been thinking of how ill do the doors. either double doors for each retract. or a single door for each. single would be much less complicated. but double would be more scale. ive never been a scale-nut, so well see. thanks for checking in
Great to hear from you Chris! can't wait to see more of your YS-11 project.
RCG Plus Member
Old May 02, 2013, 09:56 PM
Joined Nov 2010
1,639 Posts
You're the man demon! How many threads do you have here on the groups? Im REALLY looking forward to your c-130!!!!! I LOVE, LOVE the c-130!! I might have to get one of those kits when they become available. ive been waitin forever for someone to come out with a new "descent" c-130. the only option now is the old gws, "small" & outdated model. its such an awesome plane!!!! I cant believe someone hasn't came out with a newer version. rock-on demon!
Old May 02, 2013, 10:08 PM
Up-Out-&-Gone
Charelston SC U.S.A.
Joined Mar 2007
15,434 Posts
Quote:
You're the man demon! How many threads do you have here on the groups? Im REALLY looking forward to your c-130!!!!! I LOVE, LOVE the c-130!! I might have to get one of those kits when they become available. ive been waitin forever for someone to come out with a new "descent" c-130. the only option now is the old gws, "small" & outdated model. its such an awesome plane!!!! I cant believe someone hasn't came out with a newer version. rock-on demon!

Thanks Man! We call it the CC-113300 Herck For Legal reasons Lol I love the Herck as well, there is or was a HUGE fiberglass version but that's a Crash-magnet, this will be a Tough yet light easy to build CNC kit that will give the builder flexability in building it the way the builder wants to.
after the Herch is the CC-1177 then maybee the cc-55aa!

As for how many builds I have I think like 18-22 Individual build threads.
RCG Plus Member