Old Aug 27, 2012, 06:42 PM
Bvc
United States, TX, Houston
Joined May 2012
330 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoboHeli View Post
My this thread moves fast.

So how about it, folks? Is adding a paddled flybar the best thing I can do in order to improve outdoor performance? Or is everyone happy flying theirs stock?
Stock. I don't like the way paddles handle at all.
Bvc is offline Find More Posts by Bvc
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 27, 2012, 06:45 PM
Bvc
Joined May 2012
330 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zippiz View Post
Now to the second one, as soon as it binds the left servo (aileron?) just go to the lowest end position and wont move at all. The right one, and the throttle seems to work fine.

This is rev 05, or 06 (hard to tell, half text is missing).

Any idea what could be the problem and is there anything I could do to help my new little friend?
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...ostcount=10966
Old Aug 27, 2012, 06:46 PM
Don't Drink & Fly
United States, OH
Joined Jun 2012
327 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ribble View Post
My wind-surfers are all stock. Fly only low rates with transmitter Elevator trim full forward. Four using new version carbon shaft and swashplate.

Once in a while I fly the one with MSR paddles on a stock flybar though it is harder to fly and doesn't do anything for the way I fly.

One has a 9958 main motor which is promising as the bigger pinion gear wants to make the blades spin faster.. Still testing it and slowly trimming the trailing edges of the blades which increases rotor RPM.
You use low rates in the wind? I never use low rate outside unless a mistake.
Guess I would have to try it and see what it does, I don't like low rates outside at all, but never tried trimming forward all the way either. I love fast windsurfing though now that I stopped flybar strikes. Sometimes I am graceful and strikes don't happen anyway, but sometimes I go fast and hard, then they were a constant occurrence.

What are you doing to trim the blades? Like how much etc...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bvc View Post
I don't either. Didn't get to use them much before they broke on a hard crash and still plan to try again and see if I can tune it in better. But most flying is best without paddles in my opinion.
TapouT21 is offline Find More Posts by TapouT21
Old Aug 27, 2012, 07:00 PM
Bvc
Joined May 2012
330 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by firstadam2k View Post
My v911 had an odd wobble its not constant if i upload a vid can the experts tell me whats up.
I've had this happen to 4 heli's. Bearing swashplate always fixed it.
http://www.aliexpress.com/store/prod...580290309.html
When severe and there's still a little wobble sometimes, adding the carbon fiber braces to the main frame eliminates it, among other things. In my case I think it was stock setup with 'broken in' linkage/buckles and sloppy stock swashplate. Add to that crashes and vibration and wobble, wobble......

BTW; check the buckles and make sure none were pushed in too far in a crash or are too loose/broken (if you haven't already).
Last edited by Bvc; Aug 27, 2012 at 07:09 PM.
Old Aug 27, 2012, 07:29 PM
Step 1: Tear it apart
United States, FL, Melbourne
Joined Feb 2011
4,765 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bvc View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TapouT21 View Post
You use low rates in the wind? I never use low rate outside unless a mistake.
Guess I would have to try it and see what it does, I don't like low rates outside at all, but never tried trimming forward all the way either. I love fast windsurfing though now that I stopped flybar strikes. Sometimes I am graceful and strikes don't happen anyway, but sometimes I go fast and hard, then they were a constant occurrence.

What are you doing to trim the blades? Like how much etc...

I don't either. Didn't get to use them much before they broke on a hard crash and still plan to try again and see if I can tune it in better. But most flying is best without paddles in my opinion.
Blasphemers!!!!!!!!!!!!
MassiveOverkill is online now Find More Posts by MassiveOverkill
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 27, 2012, 07:41 PM
Canada, BC, Prince George
Joined Dec 2008
23 Posts
HobbyKing 6 Channel Transmitter for V911?

Hi I've been lurking for quite some time, and ended up buying a V911 BNF and controlling it with my Turnigy 9X. Incredible fun until I lost the screw holding my flybar on while flying I was reading about how the 9X is great with all of it controls and settings and read how someone is making a 9X clone to use inside the V911 transmitter. That got me thinking about the HobbyKing 6 channel transmitter that has software that allows you to make mixing changes, etc. The 9X works with its receiver, so I would assume the HobbyKing would be able to bind to the V911. I don't know too much about this transmitter, but it looks like it would be a cheaper, more accessible option for the V911 than the 9X.

Does anybody know more about this? Do you think it would work?
snailshoe is offline Find More Posts by snailshoe
Old Aug 27, 2012, 07:56 PM
Don't Drink & Fly
United States, OH
Joined Jun 2012
327 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassiveOverkill View Post
Blasphemers!!!!!!!!!!!!
lol Did you read what all I wrote? ...."Didn't get to use them much before they broke on a hard crash and still plan to try again and see if I can tune it in better."....
TapouT21 is offline Find More Posts by TapouT21
Old Aug 27, 2012, 07:57 PM
USA, NC, Winston-Salem
Joined Nov 2009
153 Posts
I have a FlySky9X and it works great, supposedly its the same radio as a Turnigy. I got mine on sale a few weeks ago from Hobbypartz for $75. Here's FlySky's new version of the 6 ch. http://www.hobbypartz.com/79p-t6-6ch-radio-lcd.html I wouldnt be scared to buy one. If I hadnt already bought the 9 ch I would be buying one now. If FlySky or Turnigy were using a different 2.4 system from the 6ch to a 9ch they would have to come out with a new line of recievers, which as far as I know they havent.
MWShelton is offline Find More Posts by MWShelton
Old Aug 27, 2012, 08:19 PM
My Corter Is Borken
United States, OH, Newark
Joined Jun 2012
333 Posts
Quote:
I did manage to fly two batteries outside just before sunset, and it was nice but the helicopter starts of going forward pretty good but after a few meters almost halts... is this "normal"?
Mine sometimes does too, though I attributed it to the wind. Maybe it isn't?
MC808 is offline Find More Posts by MC808
Last edited by MC808; Aug 27, 2012 at 08:35 PM.
Old Aug 27, 2012, 08:28 PM
United States, VA
Joined Dec 2006
1,483 Posts
Quote:
I did manage to fly two batteries outside just before sunset, and it was nice but the helicopter starts of going forward pretty good but after a few meters almost halts... is this "normal"?
More throttle.
LittleMo is offline Find More Posts by LittleMo
Old Aug 27, 2012, 08:32 PM
Safety : practice & promote!
Joined Dec 2011
4,635 Posts
@TapouT21 & MassiveOverkill :

LOL you guys. Okay, well I just tried making my first set of paddles. I clipped the ends off of a stock flybar and shoved the Xtreme MSR paddles onto it. It's certainly a fiddly process to (a) get them on so that they're balanced and (b) get them so that they track in the same plane. The plastic for the flybar is really flexible so I'm afraid I'm going to break it while I monkey with it.

I did an initial test with the flybar (unglued so I just hovered--and I wore safety glasses!!!) and I could hover pretty well so I guess I kind of got it on straight. I tried monkeying with it some more after that and messed it up so I've pulled the paddles off to try again.

Still though, not too bad.

MassiveOverkill, I had a question for you regarding the SoloPro CF flybar. On your blog, you attached the paddles to the CF bar but how did you do that? I only have the MSR paddles but not the MSR Xtreme flybar so I don't have any of the mounting hardware (if any) that came with it. I don't see how to mount the MSR paddles to the SP flybar. Any advice?
RoboHeli is offline Find More Posts by RoboHeli
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 27, 2012, 08:35 PM
My Corter Is Borken
Joined Jun 2012
333 Posts
Back on the topic of the FSTH9x/Turnigy 9x, there's ztoons and daryoons posts that have some info, and the odd post here and there amongst the many many many many...many pages in this thread, but....

Perhaps people (JWShelton, I'm looking at you ) could post their successfull settings and tips, provided they differ from Daryoons and ztoons posts (and point out that they don't differ)? Just had a thought that it would be nice to "revisit" this subject and see the bulk of peoples most recent findings, settings, etc..somewhat grouped together.

If people feel this is too redundant, then that's cool, I'll understand, but be a very sad panda.
I'm just desperate to get my pretty new Tx fine tuned, can ya tell?

Here's the aforementioned posts, for referrence:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1716388
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...x#post22091054
http://www.hacksmods.com/2012/08/fly...bration-howto/
Last edited by MC808; Aug 27, 2012 at 08:43 PM.
Old Aug 27, 2012, 08:36 PM
My Corter Is Borken
Joined Jun 2012
333 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleMo View Post
More throttle.
LOL
Yeah, it's a given that we're speaking about what happens when we're already giving it as much throttle as possible for the situation.
Thing is, once it's forward momentum stalls, it's no longer nose down, so more throttle makes you go straight up. lol

Those darn people at cenn2010/banggod STILL haven't gotten back to me about their $10 offer to replace my broken BNF. One more day and I'm gonna have to look elsewhere, and ask them for a refund. I want to fly...NOW.
Last edited by MC808; Aug 27, 2012 at 08:45 PM.
Old Aug 27, 2012, 08:37 PM
USA, NC, Winston-Salem
Joined Nov 2009
153 Posts
MC since I'm a relative newb it sounds like a great idea to me. I could really use the info.
MWShelton is offline Find More Posts by MWShelton
Old Aug 27, 2012, 08:43 PM
United States, VA
Joined Dec 2006
1,483 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MC808 View Post
LOL
Yeah, it's a given that we're speaking about what happens when we're already giving it as much throttle as possible for the situation.
Thing is, once it's forward momentum stalls, it's no longer nose down, so more throttle makes you go straight up. lol
Well it's the nature of the beast when you have a flybar. It's gravity and gravity always wins.

The flybar is always fighting against your input, trying to level the helicopter. You can compensate for a while with more throttle but eventually the flybar wins and then you have to do something like change direction or otherwise get more momentum (eg. losing altitude is great for that).
LittleMo is offline Find More Posts by LittleMo
Last edited by LittleMo; Aug 27, 2012 at 08:49 PM.