It's the 32" Ege 540 HB.
crobar is offline Find More Posts by crobar
Last edited by crobar; Apr 25, 2012 at 10:55 PM. Reason: incomplete
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 25, 2012, 11:25 PM
USA, WA, Lake Stevens
Joined Jan 2011
60 Posts
My hb 540 comes in without battery at 5.7 oz.with the TH light kit. The flash and rs 352 both come in at about 13.7 oz without battery. The flash and the rs352 are compleatly different animals than the 32"planes.I built both one for me and got paid to build the flash and maidened it . They are all around bigger way faster and have the mass to do more stunts where the mass is needed. I love mine. they do have airfoiled wings a 7/8" backbone, landing gear in the kit. I run gens ace 1000mah 3 s and a hyperion 2213 18 and a 10x4.7 it has tons of power. The flash ran the stock TH power pack and is no slouch by any means. Hope this helps. DB.
DB in WA is offline Find More Posts by DB in WA
Old Apr 25, 2012, 11:38 PM
USA, WA, Lake Stevens
Joined Jan 2011
60 Posts
OH great its gonna be a 3 plane month in May A 3DHS buck huck on its way ,cabon cub with floats when it's finally shipped and a crack bipe I can't wait to hit order on,and a PA addiction in the box with all the bits but the bipe will be pushed to the front of the line as they are just too much fun can't wait. I just Love bipes.
Old Apr 25, 2012, 11:59 PM
United States, ID, Sandpoint
Joined Apr 2009
671 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DB in WA View Post
My hb 540 comes in without battery at 5.7 oz.with the TH light kit. The flash and rs 352 both come in at about 13.7 oz without battery. The flash and the rs352 are compleatly different animals than the 32"planes.I built both one for me and got paid to build the flash and maidened it . They are all around bigger way faster and have the mass to do more stunts where the mass is needed. I love mine. they do have airfoiled wings a 7/8" backbone, landing gear in the kit. I run gens ace 1000mah 3 s and a hyperion 2213 18 and a 10x4.7 it has tons of power. The flash ran the stock TH power pack and is no slouch by any means. Hope this helps. DB.
Thanks DB - That was what I was hoping to hear. I love the way the 32" edge flies but I wanted something a little heavier & larger that would handle the wind a bit better. I appreciate all the detailed info. Are the RS352 and the Flash identical planes or is there a difference in the shape?
Old Apr 26, 2012, 12:09 AM
USA, WA, Lake Stevens
Joined Jan 2011
60 Posts
The flash has a slightly smaller/differant shape rudder than the rs 352 but run it til it almost hits the elevator it will pull 6 foot ke loops at 3/4 throttle and a differant canopy and has a better /more visible color scheme.It will do the nicest elevators/elevator landings with the nose into the slightest breeze.I think it flys quite close to blasa in the same wing span.
Last edited by DB in WA; Apr 26, 2012 at 12:16 AM.
Old Apr 26, 2012, 05:35 AM
Don't give in to gravity
USA, FL, Palm Harbor
Joined Dec 2009
1,940 Posts
The new plane looks cool. To bad it was not realesed in time for SEFF. Leaving in about an hour to head up there. Looking forward to it.
Gravitycheat is offline Find More Posts by Gravitycheat
Old Apr 26, 2012, 06:24 AM
United States, MO, St Louis
Joined Jan 2009
449 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Realm View Post
As promised here are some pics of our new Crack-Series Pitts Biplane. Sorry about photo quality, the pictures don't do the printing justice. Pretty excited for this release since a lot of hard work from multiple teams went into developing this bird the results are truly stellar. Should have these bad boys and all details available for you guys very soon.
Awesomeness!
STLAV8R is offline Find More Posts by STLAV8R
Old Apr 26, 2012, 07:28 AM
Mesquite Tx
Joined Jan 2008
263 Posts
Wow. The Crack Bipe looks awesome. I think its the best looking foamy biplane I have ever seen.
Bigugly is offline Find More Posts by Bigugly
Old Apr 26, 2012, 11:30 AM
Panama
Joined Jul 2005
3,446 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Realm View Post
As promised here are some pics of our new Crack-Series Pitts Biplane. Sorry about photo quality, the pictures don't do the printing justice. Pretty excited for this release since a lot of hard work from multiple teams went into developing this bird the results are truly stellar. Should have these bad boys and all details available for you guys very soon.
WOW! that looks spectacular!!!!!!
aerofundan is offline Find More Posts by aerofundan
Site Sponsor
Old Apr 26, 2012, 10:27 PM
'tis nothing
United States, CA, Napa
Joined Dec 2011
941 Posts
Halfway there to a home-built Edge bi. Whatcha think? Can't wait for the dealer, have to take care of biz on my own. Betty Ford is calling!!!!
shunyata is offline Find More Posts by shunyata
Old Apr 26, 2012, 11:17 PM
United States, SC, Irmo
Joined Mar 2012
2,408 Posts
That is cool. How'd you do the aile and mount the upper wing? Dual servos? Looks like I have to buy more EPP. I think everyone wants to build a bi-plane. I know I do. Nice looking plane.

Tom
carr52 is online now Find More Posts by carr52
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: T-38 Talon
Old Apr 26, 2012, 11:33 PM
United States, TN, Memphis
Joined Dec 2011
860 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by carr52 View Post
That is cool. How'd you do the aile and mount the upper wing? Dual servos? Looks like I have to buy more EPP. I think everyone wants to build a bi-plane. I know I do. Nice looking plane.

Tom
That's digital trickery.
itsmillertime is offline Find More Posts by itsmillertime
Old Apr 27, 2012, 12:21 AM
United States, ID, Sandpoint
Joined Apr 2009
671 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DB in WA View Post
The flash has a slightly smaller/differant shape rudder than the rs 352 but run it til it almost hits the elevator it will pull 6 foot ke loops at 3/4 throttle and a differant canopy and has a better /more visible color scheme.It will do the nicest elevators/elevator landings with the nose into the slightest breeze.I think it flys quite close to blasa in the same wing span.
Sounds like a good flyer.
Old Apr 27, 2012, 07:16 AM
Taranis Tyro...
United Kingdom, England, Hitchin
Joined Jan 2004
3,534 Posts
Cracked the Sbach!

A week or so ago two of you were kind enough to guide me re: set up on my 32” Sbach…
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccpdx View Post
I think you want to do most of your tweaking with CG and not with thrust angles. I'd move your CG back to the point where it flies the same upside down as it does right side up - without diving or ballooning. Also don't use any elevator trim which isn't needed in the same amount and in the same direction for both upside down and right side up. Hopefully you'll have no trim at all set up. Just my opinions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stark View Post
In my experience this mean that your CG is to far forward. You can confirm that by flying inverted. If it dives when upside down the CG needs to be moved back.

Another thing that is important on this small planes is lateral balance. If the plane roll out of a fairly tight outside loop, one wing is heavier than the other. Try to balance with the battery and if it is not sufficent, use a small screw as a weight in the lighter wingtip.
With good lateral balance will it fly very precise through all manoeuvres.
I’m happy to report that (after a miserable period of weather here in the UK) I finally managed to get out and setup the plane properly, and your advice was bang on! I suspect the CG is not quite at it’s final position (I need more practise at hovering and further experimentation with the rate and expo settings to fully harmonize the controls), but it’s now pretty much hands off inverted. It also exhibits none of the “climb under throttle, nosedive when shut” characteristics of before. Frankly it’s brilliant (but you guys all know that already)!

As a dyed in the wool glider guider I’ll happily admit I’d dismissed profile foamies til now; how wrong I was . In calm conditions this is the most finely controllable form of flying I’ve ever done – I’m guessing that once you’re good enough flying one of these things through a 3D routine is similar to the feeling cats have when they’re playing with a mouse! Just goes to show you should always experiment in with different forms of the hobby, otherwise you might never know what you’re missing…
MattyB is online now Find More Posts by MattyB
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by MattyB; Apr 27, 2012 at 10:27 AM.
Old Apr 27, 2012, 08:32 AM
'tis nothing
United States, CA, Napa
Joined Dec 2011
941 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmillertime View Post
That's digital trickery.

shunyata is offline Find More Posts by shunyata