Sep 24, 2012, 09:40 AM
Do Da Dippidy
Thread OP
Thanks for your help guys! Amani hobbies had it in stock and I'll have it by Friday. $2.00 part, $10 shipping That's what you pay for being stupid and impatient!!
to remove ads between posts
Sep 24, 2012, 10:49 AM
Damn!
Sep 24, 2012, 10:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowman
Wow! 200 rounds in a day? I'm lucky to get off 40! But, I'm developing loads and running every round through a chronograph and compiling the data as well. What are your groupings like? You should figure that any day is just as good as the next to crash....er, I mean maiden your plane! I hope you don't get so emotionally invested in your plane that you're just a fair weather flyer!

Daniel.....I'm sorry to hear about the tragic end of your friends.

Hey, didn't Waldo promise some video footage for us????

Kerwin, excellent save on the Green Machine! She's too young to leave this world yet! Your Tiger Moth was stuttering when I flew it up here over a month ago!!! Momma's going to have to spring for another!

Plow, just call Tower.......they will get you the part you need. Oh, and about that football thing....it's just a game...like checkers......or marbles.....(of course if you play for keeps........you could lose your marbles.......and then you'd have nothing to worry about!)

Damn wind is screwing up Fall fishing! The waves on Lake Superior are too big and lines just get washed up on shore!!! Damn!
LOL...I am not so emotionally attached to my planes but I like to keep em a while.....and yes I do fly in wind all the time. Actually, this outlaw should be a great windy day plane when I get it dialed!

As far as the AR15, I bought 1000 rounds of PMC FMJ for about 340 bucks a while ago so I usually bring a couple rounds to the range, hehe. Seems to be decent stuff but it is a lighter load than a mil-spec cartridge and after about 80 rounds I need to lube the bolt or it will jam from the bolt not cycling fully back when it gets dirty. I have an Eotech halographic sight on it and no magnifier and at 100 yards, using a back pack for a rest, I average about 4" (sometimes better, sometimes worse, lol) groups which is not bad for essentially open sights. I used to reload for my TC Contender and that thing could shoot under an inch at 100 yards (.35 Remington)....but I just don't have time for that anymore and I sold all of my reloading gears about 7 years ago. I am looking forward to some duck and pheasant hunting with my kid this fall though
Sep 24, 2012, 11:01 AM
A trail of smoke is GOOD!
Kerwin50 - Check your PM. Incomplete address.
Sep 24, 2012, 11:03 AM
This thing was always a BLAST.

Sep 24, 2012, 11:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by plowboy1966
Thanks for your help guys! Amani hobbies had it in stock and I'll have it by Friday. $2.00 part, $10 shipping That's what you pay for being stupid and impatient!!
What did you lose?
Sep 24, 2012, 11:17 AM
Do Da Dippidy
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynemia
What did you lose?
Trust washer
Sep 24, 2012, 12:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynemia
This thing was always a BLAST.

LOL...nice
Sep 24, 2012, 12:57 PM
PM sent wayne, thanks

Alan tower has that thrust washer for 2.29 and 6 dollar shipping.
Sep 24, 2012, 01:14 PM
Do Da Dippidy
Thread OP
Amain was $2.19 and $2 shipping but I added an exhaust deflector and got UPS Ground so I could guarantee to have it by Friday. I will fly this weekend!
Sep 24, 2012, 01:31 PM
Flying Half Pound and Down
Quote:
Amain was $2.19 and $2 shipping but I added an exhaust deflector and got UPS Ground so I could guarantee to have it by Friday. I will fly this weekend!
I gots to order me some Savox Servos from them... I hear rumor they have a Protec line of servos coming too...
Sep 24, 2012, 01:39 PM
Do Da Dippidy
Thread OP
Why are Savox so expensive?
Sep 24, 2012, 01:44 PM
Quote:
Why are Savox so expensive?
305 ounce inch are $69 dollars, I dont think that is all too bad. Like the others they have the higher priced ones too. I have been watching Arron use them over the last year or so, they do work very well.

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...eel-Gear-Servo
Sep 24, 2012, 02:15 PM
Do Da Dippidy
Thread OP
That's not bad.
Sep 24, 2012, 02:28 PM
Quote:
That's not bad.
I am going to order these for my 87 SHP Ailerons and Elevators and pull the Power HDs and put them in something else. My Ailerons Power HD's are only like 130 ounce inch so I know I need to change them. The elevators I may let ride since they are 300+

Quick Reply