New Products Flash Sale
Old May 23, 2015, 06:23 PM
Find More Posts by Billj747
United States, NC, Mooresville
Joined Aug 2012
97 Posts
Thanks Add1ct3dd. I removed the 2 screws for the cover and can see the servos, but how do I remove the servo itself to remove the rod?

How does the 2pc plastic landing gear cover split apart? It's not wanting to separate after removing the landing gear door.
Billj747 is offline Find More Posts by Billj747
to remove ads between posts
Old May 23, 2015, 08:28 PM
Find More Posts by IGIVEUP1
Out of the Past
Canada, BC, Vernon
Joined Aug 2014
132 Posts
It doesnt split apart. Its glued to the metal leg. Mine shattered on a hard landing and I had to grind them off with pliers.
Best to upload pics of the damage so we can get a better idea of what you need.
Cheers!
Duck
IGIVEUP1 is offline Find More Posts by IGIVEUP1
Last edited by IGIVEUP1; May 23, 2015 at 08:41 PM.
Old May 24, 2015, 02:47 AM
Find More Posts by Hondajet
" Plain Crazy! "
Australia, WA, Joondalup
Joined Oct 2008
2,800 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghern View Post
Sadly my Spitty suffered after dumb thumbs last week end.
Fuse broke right through the cockpit and the wing cracked close to the fuse = photos attached.
So this weekend has been repairs time.
I used Gorilla glue and both fuse and wing appeared to be good.

However when I brought them together I noticed that the tail/elevator is no longer parallel to the main wing.
If you look at the photo you can see the left side tail is lower than than the right.

Whats the thoughts of those in the know...... is this going to be an issue for good flight?

I could try heating and twisting the fuse but I'm concerned I'll end up doing more damage.

Peter

I would still try to reset that with some mild Hair Dryer heat applied to the Tailplane join EPO area while simultaneously twisting its whole mounting (both sides together) back to a true look again.

Any out of alignment Flying Surface will have an affect on ideal flying qualities......although you may not really notice it when flying this size of model.......but having it "out" is not right for it anyway both in the looks and aerodynamics of it.

If that does not totally correct it, try placing a strip of cut out card material on one side of the Main Wing seating mount to the Fuselage before securing it again with the 4 screws..... to level it closer to the Tailplane geometry.
Hondajet is online now Find More Posts by Hondajet
Last edited by Hondajet; May 24, 2015 at 03:33 AM.
Old May 24, 2015, 03:24 AM
" Plain Crazy! "
Australia, WA, Joondalup
Joined Oct 2008
2,800 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Japala View Post
As others have pointed out already, these scoops have all the cut lines marked out already. They articulate down on the real plane too so this should be "to scale". Just scored the inside a bit so that it started to form a hinge, adjusted the angle and filled the gap with 5 min epoxy. Need to add some paint and perhaps thin the trailing edges a bit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondajet View Post
Brilliant Idea Japala ..... and why did I not think of doing that when making my mod there

Went ahead with Japala's modification to the Wing Radiator Scoops as another major Drag Reduction factor on this model.
Last edited by Hondajet; May 24, 2015 at 03:31 AM.
Old May 25, 2015, 04:58 PM
Find More Posts by Japala
Finland, Raahe
Joined Jul 2012
103 Posts
Have to say that I'm sooo excited about this plane. So happy that I decided to get one as my friends already had one MK-24 and a P-51 Mustang. So much fun to fly formation etc.

Love the Dave Brown Treaded Lite Flite Wheel 2-1/2" as the fit right in without any modification and while the material is super soft, it is way more durable than the material used in the original wheels. No extra bounces, plane just sticks to the tarmac.

Have the maiden videos etc. but we talk so much Finnish in the clips so I'm not sure if anybody would be that interested. Here is a still photo from today's flights. Mine is on the left.
Japala is offline Find More Posts by Japala
Old May 25, 2015, 11:49 PM
Find More Posts by IGIVEUP1
Out of the Past
Canada, BC, Vernon
Joined Aug 2014
132 Posts
Post the video .Im sure we will understand, Eh!
Canada
Duck
IGIVEUP1 is offline Find More Posts by IGIVEUP1
Old Yesterday, 01:37 AM
" Plain Crazy! "
Australia, WA, Joondalup
Joined Oct 2008
2,800 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Japala View Post
Have the maiden videos etc. but we talk so much Finnish in the clips so I'm not sure if anybody would be that interested. Here is a still photo from today's flights. Mine is on the left.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IGIVEUP1 View Post
Post the video .Im sure we will understand, Eh!
Canada
Duck
Yes....just mute or reduce the volume of the film sound track if you use windows movie maker and add a suitable audio music background to it when you save the movie project to publish on utube and you will not have your local chatter on it
Old Yesterday, 03:34 AM
Find More Posts by Add1ct3dd
United Kingdom, England, Worcester
Joined May 2010
3,185 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billj747 View Post
Thanks Add1ct3dd. I removed the 2 screws for the cover and can see the servos, but how do I remove the servo itself to remove the rod?

How does the 2pc plastic landing gear cover split apart? It's not wanting to separate after removing the landing gear door.
There's 4 screws on mine - remove all 4 and the retract splits in half - then it's all self-explanatory from there

The "chuck" on the end of the metal rod won't come off, so put it in a vice and use a hammer to get it straight again
Add1ct3dd is offline Find More Posts by Add1ct3dd