Old Mar 18, 2016, 11:10 PM
Find More Posts by BanditoX2
Canada, ON, Hamilton
Joined Jan 2016
48 Posts
Discussion
Battery size??

Sorry if I posted in the wrong forum, does anyone have a recommendation on what battery size to use on a Robocat 270 build?

I currently have batteries on hand that are a 2200 mah cap and 3s. I know battery weight is a factor but should I drop down to a lower cap with either a 3s/4s. My build is built to handle 4s. Will I get better flight characteristics if I lower my cap down to say a 1800 mah on either a 3s/4s? Or am I comparing apples to oranges here??

Thx
BanditoX2 is offline Find More Posts by BanditoX2
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 18, 2016, 11:24 PM
Find More Posts by cmdl
http://www.sgvhumane.org/
United States, CA, Rosemead
Joined Jan 2012
13,264 Posts
Larger capacity allows for greater current draw by the prop+motor but of course with weight as the tradeoff, as you already know. Higher cell count is higher voltage, hence more power - you can have a reduced current draw for the same power draw. More power will translate to a higher power-to-weight ratio and thus a greater ability to fly in ways you may not have been able to do so before. My preference is for higher cap and higher voltage (in increasing order of preference) - if either of those are possible.

That said, you're probably better off asking this question here: http://www.rcgroups.com/multirotor-electronics-792/
cmdl is offline Find More Posts by cmdl