|Jan 21, 2014, 06:47 PM|
Joined Nov 2013
dji naza auto failsafe with dx7
i have my 3 position switch set gps atti and insted of maneul i set maneul failsafe question how do i set auto failsafe on my dx7
|Jan 21, 2014, 07:21 PM|
It's very tricky to set. You will need to use a bind plug. There is a video some where on you tube by a member on here which explain its. But for dx8. I can't search it as am using mobile phone and tapa talk
|Jan 21, 2014, 07:30 PM|
United States, CA, Big Bear
Joined Jan 2006
|Jan 21, 2014, 08:22 PM|
When I first started using DJI and fails safe I did a lot of searching for the best approach to set it up, the below tutorial worked for me
FAIL SAFE SETUP
1. The actual failsafe functionality resides in the receiver.
It has the ability to fall back on a specific channel setting when TX signal is lost.
2. You cannot setup a TX signal loss failsafe without having a receiver that supports failsafe.
3. Because the failsafe on the Naza works on the same channel as the control mode switch.
We cannot set the failsafe to activate with a standard defined switch position.
It needs to be set on the same channel as the control mode switch but in between one of the modes. (GPS-ATTI-MAN)
The problem is the TX only had a 3 position switch. So how do you set it in between?
Step by step guide
SET FAILSAFE FOR ATTI MODE (this is just a test of the failsafe to make sure it works, we will change a few things after we happy that it actually works)
1. TURN EVERYTHING OFF
2. Turn on the DX7s and make sure you have the correct model selected. And remember what switch positions define each mode. Eg. DOWN=GPS MID=ATTI UP=MAN
3. Turn off the DX7s
4. Insert the bind plug into the correct port on the receiver (make 100% sure it says BIND on the port)
5. Plug in the copter/receiver. The receiver LED will start flashing. This indicates its looking for something to bind to.
6. NOW REMOVE THE BIND PLUG BEFORE TURNING ON THE TRANSMITTER! LED will continue to flash.
6. Make sure your transmitter is OFF.
7. Set your control mode switch on your transmitter to ATTI mode [middle sw pos] (the transmitter must be off! This is the most important step!!!
8. Now hold down the trainer button while powering on the transmitter. Hold the button until it says its binding and displays DSMX.
Then release the trainer/bind button.
9. Once binding is complete the transmitter will reboot and go into normal flight mode. The LED on the receiver will now be solid.
10. Preset Failsafe binding is now complete.
TEST TO SEE IF FAILSAFE IS WORKING
1. Turn the transmitter on (if its off)
2. Plug in the copter and wait for it to initialize
3. Plug the copter into the PC and start the assistant.
4. Make sure the copter has successfully connected to the PC.
5. Go to TX Cali tab and make sure when you flick the control mode switch, it moves from GPS to ATTI to MAN.
6. Select GPS mode (GPS block is BLUE)
7. Now switch off your transmitter.
8. If you've done everything correctly it should change from GPS to ATTI mode.
9. If it doesnt, you've done something wrong or missed something. Start from the beginning
10. If it does, continue with below instructions.
SET FAILSAFE FOR TX SIGNAL LOSS
1. Turn everything on and get everything connected to the PC.
2. Make sure the control mode switch is working.
3. On the transmitter, go into the fuction list (click the wheel down)
4. Go to Servo Setup.
5. Flick your control mode switch and check to see which channel its on. GER, PIT, AX2 or AX3.
6. While watching the control mode switch postition on the naza assistant,
Remember the two percentages of travel for the CMS channel (we will be changing it back to this when we are done)
Now change the travel on the control mode channel servo travel until the tab moves away from either GPS or MAN. Move it to failsafe.
7. Once failsafe lights up blue, exit the assistant, unplug the copter from the pc, turn the copter off and then the transmitter.
8. DO NOT CHANGE ANY SWITCH POSITIONS AFTER STEP 6!
9. Make sure everything is turned off.
10. Insert the bind plug into the bind port on the receiver
11. Plug in the copter/receiver. The receiver LED will start flashing. This indicates its looking for something to bind to.
12. NOW REMOVE THE BIND PLUG BEFORE TURNING ON THE TRANSMITTER! LED will continue to flash.
13. Make sure your transmitter is OFF.
14. Now hold down the trainer button while powering on the transmitter. Hold the button until it says its binding and displays DSMX.
Then release the trainer/bind button.
15. Once binding is complete the transmitter will reboot and go into normal flight mode. The LED on the receiver will now be solid.
16. Preset Failsafe binding is now complete.
FIX THE SERVO TRAVEL & TEST THE FAILSAFE
1. On the transmitter, go to Function List, then Servo setup then change the channel travel percentages back to what they were before.
2. Plug everything into the PC and check to see if the channel performs correctly. Must be able to select GPS, ATTI and MAN.
3. While wathcing the channel position, turn off your transmitter. It should light up the failsafe on the Naza assistant bar.
4. If it doesnt, start with step 1 of SET FAILSAFE FOR TX SIGNAL LOSS
|Category||Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Discussion||DJI Naza / Graupner MX20 / Failsafe Setup||fliegen||Multirotor Talk||1||Jan 23, 2014 11:10 PM|
|Mini-Review||***DJI NAZA-H with GPS, Helicopter Auto Pilot, Flybarless Controller Mini-Review||topgearuk||Large Electric Helis||72||Jan 17, 2014 08:19 PM|
|For Sale||Dji naza h 3d/auto pilot||Lrrace||Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W)||0||Nov 30, 2013 12:19 PM|
|News||DJI NAZA-H with GPS, Helicopter Auto Pilot, Flybarless Controller Mini-Review||Terry||Electric Heli Talk||0||Mar 05, 2013 08:27 AM|
|Mini-Review||***DJI NAZA-H with GPS, Helicopter Auto Pilot, Flybarless Controller Mini-Review||topgearuk||Scale Helicopters||4||Feb 08, 2013 04:01 PM|