HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
Old Oct 04, 2012, 06:00 AM
Athens, Greece
Joined Sep 2001
1,052 Posts
do you realy need the gyros if you flight controler has gimbal control?
tigar is offline Find More Posts by tigar
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 04, 2012, 06:07 AM
Still flying
Oslo, Norway
Joined Feb 2009
524 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigar View Post
do you realy need the gyros if you flight controler has gimbal control?
I really dont know. I planned to buy the KK2 FC. So if i'm going to use this i need the gyros, else i dont think so. Are the gyros hard to setup? Or are there any problems with gyros?

What about this MultiWii card from HK:
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=27108

Jorn
Ramnes is offline Find More Posts by Ramnes
Old Oct 04, 2012, 07:28 AM
kitesurfer
Australia, WA, Perth
Joined Dec 2005
1,431 Posts
yes you need gimbal control
AliB is online now Find More Posts by AliB
Old Oct 04, 2012, 08:54 AM
Still flying
Oslo, Norway
Joined Feb 2009
524 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AliB View Post
yes you need gimbal control
I know that, what i dont know is what FC to buy, the KK2 with gyros or MultiWii or maybe something else. What FC are you using?

J
Old Oct 04, 2012, 10:31 AM
kitesurfer
Australia, WA, Perth
Joined Dec 2005
1,431 Posts
ahh, ok, i read it wrong. i guess you can use any frame with gimbal output.
the gyros are there to stop the thing swinging like a pendulum, which would happen when you stop the frame, or it gets hit by a wind gust.
Old Oct 05, 2012, 01:38 AM
Joined Feb 2009
555 Posts
@alib,

is the new v2 realy a lot better and more close to the ecilop?
rwijnhov is offline Find More Posts by rwijnhov
Old Oct 09, 2012, 01:14 PM
Still flying
Oslo, Norway
Joined Feb 2009
524 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RENATOA View Post
A picture of mine, half populated, the other two ESCs are waiting for wiring.

From left to right: Frsky receiver, PPM Sum cable to FC, GPS, Flyduino FC, 10DOF IMU, and lastly two ESC mounted in a special way to fit in the center plate belly.
The special ESC mount means unwrap, remove a radiator plate of one of them, and place them in opposite way, to share a single radiator plate, like a sandwich. Re-wrap in transparent shrink.
Hi
I've received the FC, Crius MultiWii SE and the motors for the Mini650 and are trying to connect it all together as i see i can use PPM Sum with my FrSkry V8FR-II Rx.
I havent connected anything yet since i can't figure out which port on the Rx to use. Can you please help me out?
I also want to use the A0 and A1 for gimbal servos and have been searching the rcgroups.com for info if this is still possible.

Do you know which of this lines to uncomment so it works with my Rx?
//#define SERIAL_SUM_PPM PITCH,YAW,THROTTLE,ROLL,AUX1,AUX2,AUX3,AUX4 //For Graupner/Spektrum
//#define SERIAL_SUM_PPM ROLL,PITCH,THROTTLE,YAW,AUX1,AUX2,AUX3,AUX4 //For Robe/Hitec/Futaba
//#define SERIAL_SUM_PPM PITCH,ROLL,THROTTLE,YAW,AUX1,AUX2,AUX3,AUX4 //For some Hitec/Sanwa/Others

Jorn
Old Oct 09, 2012, 02:15 PM
Romania, Dolj, Craiova
Joined Sep 2007
14,023 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramnes View Post
...are trying to connect it all together as i see i can use PPM Sum with my FrSkry V8FR-II Rx.
I havent connected anything yet since i can't figure out which port on the Rx to use. Can you please help me out?

No, you can't !
You need a V8R7SP

I also want to use the A0 and A1 for gimbal servos and have been searching the rcgroups.com for info if this is still possible.

A0 and A1 from are used for battery monitoring, afaik.

Do you know which of this lines to uncomment so it works with my Rx?
//#define SERIAL_SUM_PPM PITCH,YAW,THROTTLE,ROLL,AUX1,AUX2,AUX3,AUX4 //For Graupner/Spektrum
//#define SERIAL_SUM_PPM ROLL,PITCH,THROTTLE,YAW,AUX1,AUX2,AUX3,AUX4 //For Robe/Hitec/Futaba
//#define SERIAL_SUM_PPM PITCH,ROLL,THROTTLE,YAW,AUX1,AUX2,AUX3,AUX4 //For some Hitec/Sanwa/Others

The one corresponding to your Tx, not the Rx dictates the channel order, but Tx. Which radio are you using with Frsky ?

Jorn
Replies in bold.
renatoa is online now Find More Posts by renatoa
Old Oct 09, 2012, 02:51 PM
Still flying
Oslo, Norway
Joined Feb 2009
524 Posts
Quote:
Replies in bold.
Hi again

Regarding the PPM-Sum. In this page it says i can use this Rx:
http://code.google.com/p/arducopter/wiki/PPMsumRC
Click on the link "This" above the picture.

Regarding the A0 and A1, i've read this page:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1551599
In the newbie PDF file on page 6.

I have a TGY 9x(er9x) with the FrSky V8HT 2.4Ghz DIY Module.

I'm trying to learn this MultiWii stuff and started that path today, so i'm kind of new to it.

Jorn
Old Oct 09, 2012, 04:01 PM
Romania, Dolj, Craiova
Joined Sep 2007
14,023 Posts
Sorry, but as far as I know, that page link is wrong, the receiver they pointed there is not PPM enabled, will notice them tomorrow, here is midnight and too late for me
renatoa is online now Find More Posts by renatoa
Old Oct 09, 2012, 04:15 PM
Still flying
Oslo, Norway
Joined Feb 2009
524 Posts
Quote:
Sorry, but as far as I know, that page link is wrong, the receiver they pointed there is not PPM enabled, will notice them tomorrow, here is midnight and too late for me
Ok, thanks for helping me out.

All i really need is to connect everything to the FC, including the gimbal so everything works.

Jorn
Old Oct 11, 2012, 03:46 PM
Still flying
Oslo, Norway
Joined Feb 2009
524 Posts
Hi again guys
I received my Crius MW SE card the other day and thought i'd connect the servos for the gimbal to it for testing. There might be a lot of things i dont understand in this world, and this is one of them.

I started with checking that all surfaces working as they should in the MW config program, i also mixed ch5 to the three pos switch and it seems to work. After checking a lot of threads here at RCG i uncommented this lines in the code and installed it:
config.h:
#define GIMBAL
#define QUADX (just for testing without changing D5 and D6 to A0 and A1)
#define CRIUS_SE
#define ALLOW_ARM_DISARM_VIA_TX_YAW
#define SERVO_TILT( i've also tried the other one with no luck)
#define SERVO_RFR_50HZ( I tried the 300Hz but the servos vent bananas)

The servos are going bananas and i can't see why. My head keeps saying GYRO! Am i back there again?

If someone please could help me by saying what i do wrong, what i need to fix this not that i do things wrong, because thats obvious. Please point me in the right direction guys. Send me your code... whatever makes this work.

I have two PowerHD 3688HD servos. And my frame is V2.

Jorn

EDIT: I just read about how! I start with getting the hexa in the air, tuning, and then thinking about the gimbal. Not actually Plug&Fly, but i'll learn a lot more. I did'nt know that MW was that hard to get flying, until now:-)
Last edited by Ramnes; Oct 12, 2012 at 11:59 AM.
Old Oct 13, 2012, 02:33 PM
kitesurfer
Australia, WA, Perth
Joined Dec 2005
1,431 Posts
has anyone else flown the mini 650 and realised how flexi the frame is yet ?
Old Oct 13, 2012, 03:06 PM
Still flying
Oslo, Norway
Joined Feb 2009
524 Posts
No, no flying yet. the motors and ESC was sent from Hobbyking for a week ago and still is'nt showing up at the postoffice tracking system, not even at Hong Kong post.

Wonder how the V.3 frame Will be. It's been veyt quiet from users and buyers(if ant new) the last weeks.

Jorn
Old Oct 13, 2012, 03:18 PM
kitesurfer
Australia, WA, Perth
Joined Dec 2005
1,431 Posts
i gave with it. the frame just flexed too much. motors moved upwards around an inch during takeoff.
this is very bad for a stable craft, and to isolate vibrations. also the roll gyro isnt isolated from the pitch like in the ecilop.
Closed Thread