SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Mar 21, 2015, 07:39 PM
Find More Posts by XRAYRON
United States, FL, Auburndale
Joined Jan 2015
150 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricomon View Post
Fewer teeth on the pinion will give the blades quicker blade acceleration but lower maximum head speed. More teeth will give a higher head speed, but less torque to accelerate the blades. (and less torque to attain that higher head speed) The increased torque of the F45 motor more than compensates for the taller gearing, though. ...and yes, there would be higher current draw, but the ESC can handle it. I suppose it could shorten flight times, but when you punch the throttle, the snappy acceleration and higher speed make you forget about that. I don't notice shorter flight times, so it's likely a small amount. I know that it hovers with a lower throttle setting, so it might be a more efficient motor. I'm just not sure how all that works.

Rick
Oh cool, you guys got any video of V915 with new motor flying?
XRAYRON is online now Find More Posts by XRAYRON
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 21, 2015, 07:47 PM
Find More Posts by Ricomon
USA, SC, Charleston
Joined Oct 2002
623 Posts
Sorry, My V915 still has the stock motor. I have the F45 motor in my V912.

Rick
Ricomon is offline Find More Posts by Ricomon
Old Mar 21, 2015, 09:35 PM
Joined Jan 2015
150 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricomon View Post
Sorry, My V915 still has the stock motor. I have the F45 motor in my V912.

Rick
If you have video of that I'll check it out.
Old Mar 21, 2015, 10:10 PM
USA, SC, Charleston
Joined Oct 2002
623 Posts
I haven't shot any video of the V912 since I installed the F45 motor, but there are a few on YouTube.

Rick
Old Apr 13, 2015, 11:35 PM
Find More Posts by HeliFlyer14
United States, OR, Corvallis
Joined May 2014
1,027 Posts
wow, this thread fell off the face of the earth. too many other helis to fly instead?
HeliFlyer14 is offline Find More Posts by HeliFlyer14
Old Apr 14, 2015, 12:06 AM
Find More Posts by kiwi_craig
Slideways at warp speed.......
New Zealand, Auckland
Joined Mar 2014
1,890 Posts
still one of my favourite to fly helis, looks superb on a scale fly by................
kiwi_craig is offline Find More Posts by kiwi_craig
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Servo testing
Old Apr 14, 2015, 12:16 AM
Find More Posts by dankar04
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
10,803 Posts
Price is cheap/ heli looks decent/ stock outside in breeze suffers/ bobbles all over. That said/ little paint to tail cage/ motor upgrade not bad heli. Indoors stock motor is fine. Very sable etc. I think newer flock of noobs are buying cheaper quads. To lame to even fly self stable f/p helis like this. I thought this heli would be a big sucess. scale looks and very stable. Folks ask why not more scale. Simple answer as they don't sell thats why.
Walkera 4f200 LM ,is a beautiful c/p Scale heli. barely a word about it. Cost is not cheap but is a bl shaft drive c/p heli 200 class. The cage tail is made similar to the real bird. Walkera had a whole line of scale birds. Gone for good. This one and another remain. The V915 looks similar on outside except for tail cage. 4f has three balded head. Under the hood different world. That said V915 looks like a real heli and not much more $$ than V912. V912 is just a bigger V911. If you have V911 you will learn nothing with V912.
dankar04 is offline Find More Posts by dankar04
Old Apr 14, 2015, 01:49 AM
Find More Posts by jdlilfan
United States, IN, Indianapolis
Joined Mar 2010
855 Posts
My V915 got a little bit of time flying indoor the past few months. When I get a calm day I will fly it outside. I really like hovering around with the heli though and flying it scale. Makes my flying skills look much better than they are while flying around a gymnasium.

I also love my V931. I might even buy another one because I love the scale looks and how stable it is to fly. I want to paint a custom fuse for it. The only downside with the V931 is the 3-4 mins flight time and the under powered main motor which bogs when the collective/blades load up.
jdlilfan is online now Find More Posts by jdlilfan
Old Apr 16, 2015, 10:00 AM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
10,803 Posts
Indoors heli flys fine. Outside any kind of wind will effect the way it handles.
I would have liked this big time when i first started flying. Looks good and very stable heli. V911 and this would make a new flyer smile. I guess V912 would also but will never know. Problem once you fly c/p's F/p just doesn't do much for you. FBL f/p better. I still fly MSR-X and V200D01 FBL F/P once in awhile.
Old Apr 16, 2015, 11:10 AM
USA, SC, Charleston
Joined Oct 2002
623 Posts
I've flown FBL and CP helis for a while now, and I still enjoy my V915 and V912 (with Hughes 300 canopy). Blasting around the sky like mad is gobs of fun, but I actually prefer flying in a realistic, scale manner. The limitations of the flight envelope are well outside the way the real ones are flown, so I never hit those limits. I've just ordered another CP heli, and it'll be my "toy" when I want to "play", but these FPs will still be my preferred relaxation helis.

Rick
Old Apr 17, 2015, 06:50 AM
Joined Jan 2015
150 Posts
I fly my stock V915 in the wind all the time... It's actually my goto heli when it's too windy for my 130x I can't wait till I burn motor up so I can go brushless or F45 motor. Hell I wanna remove the flybar just to see how it flys lol
Old Apr 17, 2015, 09:57 AM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
10,803 Posts
Not often but once in awhile fly V911/ V929 quad/ V915. V911/ V929 are almost three years old. Nothing was ever added or replaced. V915 full size TX flys them all. Then fly something like Nano CP-X bl and get real again.
Old Apr 17, 2015, 10:05 AM
USA, SC, Charleston
Joined Oct 2002
623 Posts
I must be getting old. I fly a CP or FBL heli once in a while to get unreal again.

Rick
Old Apr 17, 2015, 10:31 AM
Find More Posts by vincent713
Keep em' high and let it fly
United States, TX, Dallas
Joined Aug 2013
2,513 Posts
For me, after flying CP then flying FP it's almost like comparing 3ch coax to a 4ch single blade heli. I like to fly FP for relaxation and scale flying. Then fly CP to get "unreal".
vincent713 is offline Find More Posts by vincent713
Old Apr 17, 2015, 02:17 PM
Find More Posts by kiwi_craig
Slideways at warp speed.......
New Zealand, Auckland
Joined Mar 2014
1,890 Posts
So long as we are flying and having fun right !
kiwi_craig is offline Find More Posts by kiwi_craig
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Servo testing