New Products Flash Sale
Old May 24, 2016, 01:51 PM
Find More Posts by derek1225
Joined May 2016
13 Posts
Discussion
The newbie with the Habu s 180

Hey all,

As the title says I'm pretty new to the scene. I recently bought a habu s 180 plane. First time flying went great an no crashes but quickly realized I barely could turn. I switched through all flight modes and still nothing. Contacted the place I bought it from and they told me to reverse Aux 1, which I did, and still no change. I contacted them and they said I would have to pay for shipping and the 40/hr labor cost even though I just bought it less then a month ago. Anyways does anyone have any suggestions? And when I mean barely turns I really mean it. I need about a football field length just to completely turn it around. Cant even barrel roll or even come close.
derek1225 is offline Find More Posts by derek1225
to remove ads between posts
Old May 24, 2016, 02:04 PM
Find More Posts by xavster
United Kingdom, England, Binfield
Joined Feb 2008
80 Posts
Have you got panic mode permanently engaged?
If not, turns in beginner mode are quite large. Rudder and elevator will help bring the nose round.
Just watch out if you put it in intermediate or a advanced that the amount of stick movt needed to bank or roll the plane is quite small after using full stick to turn in beginner mode.
xavster is offline Find More Posts by xavster
Old May 24, 2016, 02:05 PM
Joined Feb 2008
80 Posts
It's not the ideal plane for a beginner btw!!
Old May 24, 2016, 02:12 PM
Joined May 2016
13 Posts
How would you tell if its permanently engaged? I have the spektrum dxe transmitter and for the panic its just a button you click.
Old May 24, 2016, 02:37 PM
Joined Feb 2008
80 Posts
Put it in advanced mode, advance the throttle for a second to engage as3x and then turn the plane on its side (don't launch it....!!). If the ailerons move to right the plane, it's got panic mode on.
Old May 24, 2016, 02:42 PM
Find More Posts by cmdl
http://www.sgvhumane.org/
United States, CA, Rosemead
Joined Jan 2012
13,295 Posts
Be sure to also visit http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2257396 and ask any questions there. It is the dedicated thread frequented by several owners.
cmdl is online now Find More Posts by cmdl
Old May 24, 2016, 02:45 PM
Joined May 2016
13 Posts
Yea it does that but isn't that just part of the SAFE technology it has? And alright ill check that out, thanks cmdl!
Old May 24, 2016, 03:55 PM
Joined Feb 2008
80 Posts
The self righting should only happen in beginner mode. If it does it in advanced then panic is on.
You can tell what mode it's in by the colour of the LED on the receiver which you can kind of see by looking down the air intake. I can't remember the exact details - it's in the thread on Micro EDF forum somewhere.
Old May 24, 2016, 03:59 PM
Joined Feb 2008
80 Posts
But don't confuse self righting (which is a large constant movt of the ailerons) with the normal as3x servo movements.
Old May 24, 2016, 04:01 PM
Find More Posts by DrewC
Foam Flyer
United States, NY, Eastchester
Joined Jul 2013
1,313 Posts
Someone at my flying field had the same issue with his Corsair S. The problem is that the SAFE programming hadn't been done to his tx, so the default settings were REALLY wonky. The elevator and rudder moved about 5 mm in either direction on full rates.

Have you properly set up the SAFE system within your DXe? If not, make sure to do that and then rebind. Hopefully this will put things back to normal.
DrewC is online now Find More Posts by DrewC
Old May 24, 2016, 07:53 PM
Joined May 2016
13 Posts
Yes!! All positions of flaps on the plane barely move! Especially ailerons barely move! I'm not sure what you mean by set up safe?
Old May 24, 2016, 09:07 PM
Find More Posts by DrewC
Foam Flyer
United States, NY, Eastchester
Joined Jul 2013
1,313 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by derek1225 View Post
Yes!! All positions of flaps on the plane barely move! Especially ailerons barely move! I'm not sure what you mean by set up safe?
You most likely need to program the radio so it knows you're flying a plane with the SAFE system. It's like setting up dual rates, expo, stuff like that, you need to do it yourself.

I looked at the manual on horizonhobby.com and it doesn't say anything, but if you have downloaded the programming software, I suspect that will tell you what to do.

If anything, email or call HH and ask them how to do it.
DrewC is online now Find More Posts by DrewC
Last edited by DrewC; May 25, 2016 at 06:40 AM.