SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 20, 2007, 08:02 AM
My plans are in my blog
Kotzebue, Alaska
Joined May 2006
5,416 Posts
Discussion
Possible problem w/Tx throttle or bad li-po...

My nephew seems to have the occasional problem of not obtaining full throtle from his Tx. The throttle speed increases until near the top, and cuts out. When he puts the throttle back to zero, and moves the stick fast, or slow, its the same - throttle cuts out. He's had this same problem more then a few times. Today we tried another li-po and the problem was not there. His radio system is the one that came with the Cessna from www.rchotdeals.com. Could it be a bad batt? Could it a Tx problem? ESC problem? Its very confusing to us, since we're not anything near experts. Thanks.
Rusty-Gunn is offline Find More Posts by Rusty-Gunn
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 20, 2007, 10:13 AM
San Diego, California
Joined Dec 2004
3,481 Posts
The symptoms are typical of a battery pack that will not deliver the current required at full throttle. The battery voltage goes down to below the ESC cut off, and shuts down.

Les
LesUyeda is offline Find More Posts by LesUyeda
Old Oct 21, 2007, 06:08 PM
My plans are in my blog
Kotzebue, Alaska
Joined May 2006
5,416 Posts
Thank you. I was wondering if this might be the problem, because the throttle works fine with other batts. I imagine I have a bad pack.
Rusty-Gunn is offline Find More Posts by Rusty-Gunn