HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 19, 2014, 06:54 AM
yorkshire UK
Joined Oct 2007
4,250 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by REXBIRK View Post
Did a quick search here but didnt see this question, sorry if I missed it.

Can my Taranis be upgraded to the Plus? Doesn't look like much difference but a higher resolution screen would be nice.
If it s the screen you want just sell nthe Taranis and buy the plus, screen resolution is same I thought? But brighter and clearer? Not a straight swap either.
Other then that you can buy the sliders/haptic/6pos switch etc and fit it to your Taranis.
nigelsheffield is online now Find More Posts by nigelsheffield
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 19, 2014, 11:23 AM
Happy FPV flyer
United Arab Emirates, Dubai
Joined Sep 2006
4,821 Posts
Screen is same resolution, just has a bit less "bleeding".

Upgrading would require changing pretty much everything in the radio.
Kilrah is online now Find More Posts by Kilrah
Old Oct 19, 2014, 05:56 PM
United States, CA, Sacramento
Joined Apr 2014
293 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by REXBIRK View Post
Did a quick search here but didnt see this question, sorry if I missed it.

Can my Taranis be upgraded to the Plus? Doesn't look like much difference but a higher resolution screen would be nice.
The two-color screen from the + can supposedly plug right into the B board (all the extra circuitry is on the backlight) but the Taranis 2.0 (not Taranis+) firmware doesn't support it - that would have to be a mod (and another selection like lau, noheli, haptic, etc.) done by the devs to a future update.

The only purely + feature that can't be added to a B is the user-installed third slider/multi position switch.
CV12Steve is online now Find More Posts by CV12Steve
Old Oct 19, 2014, 11:25 PM
Happy FPV flyer
United Arab Emirates, Dubai
Joined Sep 2006
4,821 Posts
No, you could move the screen itself but the dual color backlight would not follow.
Kilrah is online now Find More Posts by Kilrah
Old Today, 11:55 AM
Sunny South Africa
Joined Jun 2009
34 Posts
Hi, I had a similar experience with a Eflite PT19 after work. I lost signal at about 190m distance. The plane went into spiral dive from about 60-80m altitude.The Taranis Tx didnt give any audio telemetry warning.I pulled elevator and nothing. This plane flies very well and is very forgiving. I have been flying for 8 years now. Only after the plane hit the ground did I get a A2 critical warning because the battery sensor disconnected in the crash.RX is the D6R. ESC Supa 40A, Eflite 480 brushless 1020kv,12x6 prop, Hitec HS55 all round.
ElecRcFan is online now Find More Posts by ElecRcFan
Last edited by ElecRcFan; Today at 12:26 PM.
Old Today, 12:24 PM
Sunny South Africa
Joined Jun 2009
34 Posts
Very strange crash Eflite PT19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxopholist View Post
Hello. I had a very disturbing experience with my Taranis and an X8R eceiver in a Logo600 heli. The link has been working brilliantly until the heli it was in just locked out and drifted away for 5 minutes before crashing. The heli was only 10metres away when it froze. No response at all. The Taranis transmitter was not saying "telemetry lost" etc and was happy with the link. The radio was still powered and connected in the wreckage and still no response. When the receiver was powered off the Taranis immediately reported "telemetry lost". When reconnected to power all of the sevos started working again. The transmitter was still switched on and hadn't been restarted. The receiver seemed to just lock out all signals to the servos even though it was stil reporting a good link. Anyone else had a similar experience?
Hi, I had a similar experience with a Eflite PT19 after work. I lost signal at about 190m distance. The plane went into spiral dive from about 60-80m altitude.The Taranis Tx didnt give any audio telemetry warning.I pulled elevator and nothing. This plane flies very well and is very forgiving. I have been flying for 8 years now. Only after the plane hit the ground did I get a A2 critical warning because the battery sensor disconnected in the crash.RX is the D6R. ESC Supa 40A, Eflite 480 brushless 1020kv,12x6 prop, Hitec HS55 all round.
ElecRcFan is online now Find More Posts by ElecRcFan
Old Today, 01:55 PM
MrE
United States, WA, Gig Harbor
Joined Aug 2007
2,732 Posts
Are you sure you dont have any Inputs that could turn off the connection to the servos?

Barring that, things do break on occasion.
MrE is online now Find More Posts by MrE