Old Apr 30, 2013, 01:13 AM
teamwork, do it my way!
Dubai, UAE
Joined Jun 2007
721 Posts
Discussion
Black Horse Hawker Typhoon MK1B

Hey Tiffie fans,

A mate of mine showed me this yesterday. I have not seen it before and looks to be a new release.

http://www.blackhorsemodel.com.vn/in...detail&pid=308

I dont have any BH models but the same mate that showed me this and it is a really well-built and nice looking product. From the manual it looks like the same quality components are used. The flight surfaces are beautifully hinged and hardware is strong. The wings bolt on at the field and the entire canopy section comes off, providing access to everything inside.
The ordnance is cool and finally a Tiffie with ROCKETS on.....a Tiffie without rockets is like breakfast without bacon!!

Unfortunately I have an ESM Typhoon getting to the bench next, but if not, this bad boy would be in the cart and on its way to the checkout with the chance of either being a gasser or an electric convert!
Cathurga is online now Find More Posts by Cathurga
to remove ads between posts
Old May 01, 2013, 07:38 PM
Warbirdman
United States, MN, Plymouth
Joined Mar 2013
131 Posts
I want one.So now its btwn ESM and BH.
The Typhoon is $310 at tbm with a 71" wing.
I'm leaning towards the BH because it would put me
in the 80" group.
Shell shock 2 is offline Find More Posts by Shell shock 2
Old May 01, 2013, 11:29 PM
teamwork, do it my way!
Dubai, UAE
Joined Jun 2007
721 Posts
Shell Shock......wow, after 100 views only ONE comment, but I am glad you are in the positive!

I am having a bit of buyers remorse on the ESM now, but in my defence, this was not available at the time I bought the ESM.
I have to say, that my buddy's Fury is a VERY well built model, and because of the open upper deck and bolt on wings, it makes for a VERY neat installation. The hinging on the surfaces is the best I have seen on any plane of this size/nature. My only gripes on this one is the 'apparently' long nose, the flaps are a little off with the bolt on wing setup and the wheels are too small (easily remedied). Other than these......it looks fantastic, I cant wait to see some build threads and some 'brutes' in the air.
Old May 02, 2013, 10:24 AM
United Arab Emirates, Dubai
Joined Aug 2012
11 Posts
I think you should get this as well then you could have a Gasser Tiffie and a Brushless Tiffie depending on the mood your in on the day you fly.
I must admit after building the BH Seafury and seeing the quality of the airframe and hardware I have kinda gone of the ESM Spitty which is next to hit the work shop.

Think I will just go down the 30cc gasser route with that now, the electric conversion on that will be a nightmare and I'm sure BH will be bringing out a big 80" Spitty soon with that top hatch system anyway.
ROV Pilot is offline Find More Posts by ROV Pilot
Old Jul 26, 2013, 10:56 AM
Louisville, KY
Joined Jan 2003
40 Posts
BH Tiffie

Here's a video of the BHM Tiffie flying:
HAWKER TYPHOON MK.1B SIZE 35cc BLACK HORSE MODEL (3 min 1 sec)

I had the ESM Tiffie and though it was well made, it weighed a ton!!1 I had a 26cc in her and several pounds of lead in the nose with loads of batteries up in the cowl too.
It weighted 19 lbs to balance properly.
It was no joy to fly as i feared loosing an engine thing trying too glide in a brick.
I've had several BHM ARF's and they are light and well built.
I'm not a huge fan of the printed covering but it can stay or be stripped and glassed on the pilots choice.
I can't wait 'til this new tiffie (and spitfire) come to the states.
I can only assume that it will be Hobby People (on the U.S. west coast) that will carry them.
I just hope they cost less than the last series of 80+" Planes that came in from BHM
NoFlaps is offline Find More Posts by NoFlaps
Old Jul 27, 2013, 03:27 AM
UK Commercial RPAS Pilot
United Kingdom, England, Carlisle
Joined Mar 2007
2,611 Posts
The larger Black Horse/Phoenix Models (same difference) Warbirds are really nice, great flyers (they are lightweight) but the low-ish price is reflected in the hardware as is so often the case with ARF's, I love them myself but I think it would be fair to say that paying for retracts you are almost certainly going to throw away is a tad irritating, but with cheap and reliable servoless unit's in abundant supply these days, it's not a huge problem.....thoroughly reccomend BH from my own personal experience.
Scott Cuppello is offline Find More Posts by Scott Cuppello
Old Jul 28, 2013, 08:06 AM
2 Fast 2 Low & 2 Loud
United States, CA, Winchester
Joined Nov 2011
3,211 Posts
Looking Good! I like the muffler hidden in the cowl
scootrb4 is online now Find More Posts by scootrb4
Old Jul 29, 2013, 01:12 AM
RC Warjet
United States, CA, Jamul
Joined Mar 2013
756 Posts
Is there an online source for BH models? I can buy them in the store at Hobby People, but they never keep much in stock.
Warjet1950 is offline Find More Posts by Warjet1950
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 31, 2013, 03:31 AM
The sky is my playground.
United States, NH
Joined May 2005
7,676 Posts
I think Horizon stocks a number of BH models.
Dora Nine is offline Find More Posts by Dora Nine
Old Jul 31, 2013, 11:51 AM
RC Warjet
United States, CA, Jamul
Joined Mar 2013
756 Posts
Found quite a few at Graves RC, 5 at Chief Aircraft. Been reading about some problems at graves in the vendor forum though.
Warjet1950 is offline Find More Posts by Warjet1950
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 04, 2013, 02:03 AM
Joined Jul 2004
2,595 Posts
lovely looking model just a shame the wheels are completely the wrong size, they are tiny!
Big Nuts 181 is offline Find More Posts by Big Nuts 181
Old Oct 30, 2013, 09:55 PM
Prescott, Arizona
Joined Feb 2010
6,759 Posts
I don't see any of the available.
Has anyone seen one for sale?
W
TripleW is offline Find More Posts by TripleW
Old Oct 31, 2013, 01:45 AM
Joined Aug 2013
1 Posts
Hi
I bought my Tyohoon in England this summer, it flies great.. Like the Top Flite P-47, post some pictures later Cant you get it in the states???
Regards Dan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleW View Post
I don't see any of the available.
Has anyone seen one for sale?
W
Ptdan is offline Find More Posts by Ptdan
Old Oct 31, 2013, 08:55 AM
2 Fast 2 Low & 2 Loud
United States, CA, Winchester
Joined Nov 2011
3,211 Posts
A pretty extensive search shows no models in the USA - sad story. I would be interested if it were available.
scootrb4 is online now Find More Posts by scootrb4
Old Nov 09, 2013, 05:05 AM
teamwork, do it my way!
Dubai, UAE
Joined Jun 2007
721 Posts
And now hobbyking stock a 38cc 4 stroke gas engine which would be a perfect fit for this. It even beam mountable if yo want, or with standoffs.