Old Oct 10, 2012, 10:06 PM
sensitive artsy type
Tucker, Georgia, United States
Joined Feb 2004
3,167 Posts
Discussion
Boss says, vote Romney or get fired?

Quote:
David Siegel, the founder and chief executive of Westgate Resorts, a national timeshare company, became famous this year when a documentary movie, The Queen of Versailles, chronicled his effort to build the biggest home in America, a 90,000-square-foot $100 million mansion. Now he’s got a new claim to fame: sending a letter to his employees telling them they’d better think twice about who they vote for, because if Obama is reelected they may lose their jobs. The letter, which Gawker got hold of and prints in full here, begins:
continued here:
http://www.forbes.com/sites/frederic...mas-reelected/
Treetop is offline Find More Posts by Treetop
Old Oct 10, 2012, 10:08 PM
United States, CA, Sacramento
Joined Mar 2006
177 Posts
Did you bother to actually READ that post? Sheeesh.
Windrider53 is offline Find More Posts by Windrider53
Old Oct 10, 2012, 10:14 PM
Hot Dawg Glider Pilot
United States, TX, Weatherford
Joined Nov 2002
7,793 Posts
More drivel from the left...
schrederman is offline Find More Posts by schrederman
Old Oct 10, 2012, 10:22 PM
Not THAT Ira
Coupeville, Wa
Joined Jan 2006
4,722 Posts
Can't speak to that but I did get a phone call from my union tonight warning me that all sorts of bad things will happen if I don't vote for the people on their approval list.

I asked them to send me the list right away.....so I could vote for all those on it's opponents.
Real Ira is online now Find More Posts by Real Ira
Old Oct 10, 2012, 10:22 PM
LcJ
Forever TMWT Pilot #11
United States, LA, Monroe
Joined Mar 2003
5,855 Posts
the Obamaniacs are driven by drivel......without such drivel their lives would be drab.
LcJ is offline Find More Posts by LcJ
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: RC Logger's Eye One Xtreme Quad
Old Oct 10, 2012, 10:23 PM
LcJ
Forever TMWT Pilot #11
United States, LA, Monroe
Joined Mar 2003
5,855 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Ira View Post
Can't speak to that but I did get a phone call from my union tonight warning me that all sorts of bad things will happen if I don't vote for the people on their approval list.

I asked them to send me the list right away.....so I could vote for all those on it's opponents.
That makes us brothers in another sense!
LcJ is offline Find More Posts by LcJ
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: RC Logger's Eye One Xtreme Quad
Old Oct 10, 2012, 10:24 PM
Not THAT Ira
Coupeville, Wa
Joined Jan 2006
4,722 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lcj View Post
that makes us brothers in another sense!
Real Ira is online now Find More Posts by Real Ira
Old Oct 10, 2012, 10:41 PM
Watts is life...
Bot's like to know where you live
Joined Sep 2003
2,862 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Windrider53 View Post
Did you bother to actually READ that post? Sheeesh.
I hear ya... I mean look at the quote chosen to lead... not even inline with the subject title... no comments of his own, ontopic... not all...

bla...bla...bla....

The article points out, a CEO sick of being demonized... and letting his employees understand that he may close his doors based on the election outcome...

NO WHERE DOES HE SAY WHAT THE thread starter stated in his subject heading....

rcjetpilot is offline Find More Posts by rcjetpilot
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 10, 2012, 10:53 PM
sensitive artsy type
Joined Feb 2004
3,167 Posts
Did anyone notice the question mark?

No one comments on what this fellow said, just attack the messenger, without understanding the thread title is a question. Is he saying vote for Romney or else you risk being fired if you vote for Obama? I think that is his message.

My concern is not that he can actually compel anyone to vote any way, as he cannot find out how they voted unless they volunteer it to him, but the hubris of such blather seems to show how some see themselves in this country. Narcissism coupled with megalomania. It goes hand in hand with the "most expensive" house and the trophy wife.
Old Oct 10, 2012, 11:02 PM
Gravity is patient............
Joined Mar 2006
1,910 Posts
Actually if I find out anyone working for me voted for Obama I would fire them immediately.

It's one thing to have a different political belief, left right or center. Of that I have no problem. But Obama is none of those. He wants to destroy the country. So voting for him is basically treason.
billyd60 is offline Find More Posts by billyd60
Old Oct 10, 2012, 11:03 PM
Houston Intercont, Texas, United States
Joined Jun 2001
122 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcjetpilot View Post

The article points out, a CEO sick of being demonized... and letting his employees understand that he may close his doors based on the election outcome...

NO WHERE DOES HE SAY WHAT THE thread starter stated in his subject heading....

But don't you get the meaning of it. "THOSE EVIL RICH PEOPLE!!!!!. The only reason they are rich is because they took it from us that aren't rich. At least that is what obama is trying to tell people, and apparently some people believe it. When obama redistributes the wealth, I wonder if he is going to part with some of his millions, or does he just want to take from the "OTHER RICH"?
mikefast is online now Find More Posts by mikefast
Old Oct 10, 2012, 11:09 PM
Холодная война все еще здесь.
Joined Aug 2003
1,644 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treetop View Post
Did anyone notice the question mark?

No one comments on what this fellow said, just attack the messenger, without understanding the thread title is a question. Is he saying vote for Romney or else you risk being fired if you vote for Obama? I think that is his message.

My concern is not that he can actually compel anyone to vote any way, as he cannot find out how they voted unless they volunteer it to him, but the hubris of such blather seems to show how some see themselves in this country. Narcissism coupled with megalomania. It goes hand in hand with the "most expensive" house and the trophy wife.
He simply stated that the current clown in the whitehouse has not a clue about running a business, something pretty easy to see... if the economic climate gets worse he is downsizing which is his right to do... I can usderstand his concern, while my brother il law went to college he is politicaly challenged... and while he has a degree this simple high school grad pulled his family and mine in the California economy... I know what business is, I have managed it I have put in the time... the guy is right.

The bad thing is there is not a lot of difference between to 2 candidates, but Obama is the path to faster failure. I am using his past performance as a guide.
RCWorks is offline Find More Posts by RCWorks
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 10, 2012, 11:48 PM
sensitive artsy type
Joined Feb 2004
3,167 Posts
Yeah, this dude is brilliant... did anyone read the linked article on the page in the OP, did anyone read the page in the OP?

http://www.forbes.com/sites/forbeswo...-to-rags-saga/

The wisdom he lacked and lacks has been around for ages:

Quote:
Delphi became the site of a major temple to Phoebus Apollo, as well as the Pythian Games and the famous prehistoric oracle. Even in Roman times, hundreds of votive statues remained, described by Pliny the Younger and seen by Pausanias.

Carved into the temple were three phrases: γνῶθι σεαυτόν (gnōthi seautón = "know thyself") and μηδέν άγαν (mēdén ágan = "nothing in excess"), and Ἑγγύα πάρα δ'ἄτη (eggýa pára d'atē = "make a pledge and mischief is nigh"),[10] In ancient times, the origin of these phrases was attributed to one or more of the Seven Sages of Greece,[11]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Delphi
Old Oct 11, 2012, 12:01 AM
Joined Jul 2004
3,773 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treetop View Post
(eggýa pára d'atē = "make a pledge and mischief is nigh")

Curses, foiled again !.
Usta Bee is offline Find More Posts by Usta Bee
Old Oct 11, 2012, 04:39 AM
United Kingdom
Joined Feb 2005
1,854 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikefast View Post
But don't you get the meaning of it. "THOSE EVIL RICH PEOPLE!!!!!. The only reason they are rich is because they took it from us that aren't rich. At least that is what obama is trying to tell people, and apparently some people believe it. When obama redistributes the wealth, I wonder if he is going to part with some of his millions, or does he just want to take from the "OTHER RICH"?
I'm sure you're right Mike - as right as you usually are!

That money just magics up out of the clouds - it doesn't come from anywhere or anyone.

Romney is a genius and you too can buy his snake oil
ENGINETORQUE is online now Find More Posts by ENGINETORQUE