SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Oct 08, 2012, 10:46 PM
crashing build's character.
United States, AL, Dora
Joined Mar 2008
530 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qrome View Post
Awesome camera! I have the #16 V2 with the 120* lens -- simply love it for the price. Updated to 0.41 as well. I have mounted it on my BlueSkyRC Tricopter as the primary FPV camera with the live video feed on. Perfect for light weight sport acrobat FPV flying. I am powering the camera through an extra 5V line from the MultiWii board. I am using 900mHz video downlink and a 8dbi patch antenna with diversity on a omni directional. Super happy. Here is my video from today:

http://youtu.be/J4bS6mFShMA
i will be buying that camera. nice video qrome.
onefastxp is offline Find More Posts by onefastxp
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 08, 2012, 11:23 PM
Design > Build > Fly
Qrome's Avatar
Arizona, USA
Joined Feb 2005
3,875 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by onefastxp View Post
i will be buying that camera. nice video qrome.
Thanks! You will love the camera. Great for sport and acrobatics -- you don't worry about it as much as you do the Hero2.
Qrome is offline Find More Posts by Qrome
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 09, 2012, 02:47 AM
Registered User
Joined Aug 2012
1,470 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isoprop View Post
It sounds as if your battery is on the weak side. I don't know how old it is, but these batteries don't last forever. New batteries may also require up to 5 charging cycles (charge/discharge) until the battery reaches it's full capacity.

Nobody has tested if the brand/class/capacity of the card has an influence. It's possible that one card drains the battery more than another, but I doubt if there would be a big difference.

26 minutes is too short for a new battery, as long as you are sure that video-out is turned off.
Thanks Isoprop
It's a fairly new camera, as stated before it has been charged and discharged plenty enough times to have attained it's max potential but the best I can get out of it is 26 min and yes video out is definitely turned off
Sounds like they sent me a dudd one
Dogdude is online now Find More Posts by Dogdude
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 09, 2012, 04:04 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2006
5,302 Posts
Deletion due to members.....
fishycomics is offline Find More Posts by fishycomics
Last edited by fishycomics; Oct 09, 2012 at 11:19 AM.
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Oct 09, 2012, 07:27 AM
Fidler & twidler
empeabee's Avatar
Cranfield U.K.
Joined Mar 2004
4,012 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishycomics View Post
eckace.

This is a chart of small lenses. For reference

I Think Tom provided enough info that was kept to a general audience.

this is a chart not from Samsung and from another company.

Maybe this can help to understand of what the lens description offers
{impressively complex table}

Still some info that may help out

For lens A we have a narrow view
For lens B we have a medium view
for lens D we have a wide view.

For lens A the cam is close up
For lens B the cam is like set back some
For lens D the cam isset back more
Er Er yes, which lens is A,B or D ? (only D1,D2,D3,D4 in table)
Quote:
Try not to be picky guys and gals, because you be like some, still with a stock or no cam, just enjoy.
what does this mean?
Quote:

D1, D2 will be for the lend D's replacement for the housing, not of the actual view,
Confusus he say

Apart from that, it looks very impressive, but useless for people like me who are just simple minded computer design engineers.
Mike
empeabee is offline Find More Posts by empeabee
Last edited by empeabee; Oct 09, 2012 at 07:30 AM. Reason: spelling
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 09, 2012, 07:57 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2006
5,302 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by empeabee View Post
Er Er yes, which lens is A,B or D ? (only D1,D2,D3,D4 in table)
what does this mean?Confusus he say

Apart from that, it looks very impressive, but useless for people like me who are just simple minded computer design engineers.
Mike
Replied to eckace1.
Some info about lenses, nothing more. He can see the size, diameter, range etc

Emphee/mike or mike and Ike good candy

Chart offers info. How you use it will help on your decision for a better lens. Remember only for the lens D nothing complicated about it.


This chart is of Canon. Enjoy
fishycomics is offline Find More Posts by fishycomics
Last edited by fishycomics; Oct 09, 2012 at 08:06 AM.
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Oct 09, 2012, 08:23 AM
not running for the exercise
airmob's Avatar
Joined Jan 2011
235 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishycomics View Post
Replied to eckace1.
Some info about lenses, nothing more. He can see the size, diameter, range etc

Emphee/mike or mike and Ike good candy

Chart offers info. How you use it will help on your decision for a better lens. Remember only for the lens D nothing complicated about it.


This chart is of Canon. Enjoy
I really don't see how your chart helps. Eckace1 asked about the "fov of the A lens and the B lens" and you post a chart about four completely different lenses, none of which are supplied with this camera (two of them wouldn't even fit it).

I am not enjoying.
airmob is offline Find More Posts by airmob
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 09, 2012, 08:26 AM
Stop me before I build again!
United States, NY, Albany
Joined Sep 2012
1,320 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Frank View Post
The video out fills the entire width of a 4:3 aspect ratio frame, with only the black letterbox borders top and bottom. What ever program you are using to display the image, it has to be displaying the letter boxed 4:3AR image in a new 16:9AR ratio frame sized so the height of the 4:3AR image fill the full height of the 16:9 AR frame (if that makes any sense to you. This is not the camera output that is adding the side black borders.
Tom, as I mentioned it's not just him, I have seen this effect on both TV's I've used my 808 #16v2 with. There is a small, but noticeable, pillow boxing of the 16:9 image within the 4:3 frame. I can only imagine that some units have less overscan or some displays are hiding a larger percentage of the sides in overscan.

Quote:
So everyone cannot be appeased by what the camera is doing. It is what it is, and I don't think it can be changed with FW anyway, so I'd suggest trying to get used to it.
Thanks, that's all I need to know. I'll shut up on this topic now.
brontide is offline Find More Posts by brontide
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 09, 2012, 08:29 AM
Fidler & twidler
empeabee's Avatar
Cranfield U.K.
Joined Mar 2004
4,012 Posts
Noted. PA1
empeabee is offline Find More Posts by empeabee
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 09, 2012, 08:35 AM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Vantasstic's Avatar
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Sep 2003
18,370 Posts
New to this thread. I was, first, under the impression this camera came with different lenses. As I look more it appears it only comes with whatever lens you bought it with and that' it. Is there a way to buy/replace the lenses? I don't like the real wide angle as much because of the 'fish eye' effect, but it's nice to have the extra FOV at times. I was thinking a B lens with a 'spare' D lens...but it doesn't look like that's a possibility...unless someone knows otherwise... Thanks...

FWIW, I have two GoPro HD cameras...one with stock 170 degree lens and one with Sunex lens. I like the Sunex lens for my multi-rotors because of the lack of the barrel effect.
Vantasstic is online now Find More Posts by Vantasstic
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 09, 2012, 08:41 AM
not running for the exercise
airmob's Avatar
Joined Jan 2011
235 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantasstic View Post
Is there a way to buy/replace the lenses? I don't like the real wide angle as much because of the 'fish eye' effect, but it's nice to have the extra FOV at times. I was thinking a B lens with a 'spare' D lens...but it doesn't look like that's a possibility...unless someone knows otherwise...
You absolutely can, see post 2.

One thing to note, the D Lens requires a slightly larger hole in the case, so best to buy that version and a 'spare' B lens module.
airmob is offline Find More Posts by airmob
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 09, 2012, 08:46 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2006
5,302 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantasstic View Post
New to this thread. I was, first, under the impression this camera came with different lenses. As I look more it appears it only comes with whatever lens you bought it with and that' it. Is there a way to buy/replace the lenses? I don't like the real wide angle as much because of the 'fish eye' effect, but it's nice to have the extra FOV at times. I was thinking a B lens with a 'spare' D lens...but it doesn't look like that's a possibility...unless someone knows otherwise... Thanks...

FWIW, I have two GoPro HD cameras...one with stock 170 degree lens and one with Sunex lens. I like the Sunex lens for my multi-rotors because of the lack of the barrel effect.
Yes


Contact sellers in post 2 elctoponline365@mail email Mary or pete

Case runs a few dollars for d and always needs swapping from d to a or b

Case and lens b needs just a tad larger diameter for no distortion

Be very careful bout lens module cable

Lens d swap

KeyChain cam 808 lens D change out (3 min 27 sec)


Gopro3 soon to be released. Rumors
fishycomics is offline Find More Posts by fishycomics
Last edited by fishycomics; Oct 09, 2012 at 08:54 AM.
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Oct 09, 2012, 08:50 AM
Registered User
Joined Nov 2010
2,546 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantasstic View Post
New to this thread. I was, first, under the impression this camera came with different lenses. As I look more it appears it only comes with whatever lens you bought it with and that' it. Is there a way to buy/replace the lenses? I don't like the real wide angle as much because of the 'fish eye' effect, but it's nice to have the extra FOV at times. I was thinking a B lens with a 'spare' D lens...but it doesn't look like that's a possibility...unless someone knows otherwise... Thanks...
Quote:
Originally Posted by airmob View Post
You absolutely can, see post 2.

One thing to note, the D Lens requires a slightly larger hole in the case, so best to buy that version and a 'spare' B lens module.
What you say is basically true. As I'm sure you've noticed from the pictures, the D lens requires a larger "pinhole" and protrudes about 6mm out of the camera.
The B lens requires a slightly larger "pinhole" than the A lens.

It's possible to enlarge the hole of an original A lens camera to fit the B or the D lens. Likewise, you can enlarge the hole of the B lens camera to fit the D lens, but there's no going back.

However, it's much easier to buy a "kit" from one of the two sellers mentioned in the post that airmob has linked. You then get a new case together with the lens.
Isoprop is offline Find More Posts by Isoprop
Last edited by Isoprop; Oct 09, 2012 at 09:13 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 09, 2012, 09:12 AM
Registered User
Joined Nov 2010
2,546 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishycomics View Post
eckace.

This is a chart of small lenses. For reference

I Think Tom provided enough info that was kept to a general audience.

this is a chart not from Samsung and from another company.

Maybe this can help to understand of what the lens description offers
..[useless chart removed]....

Still some info that may help out

For lens A we have a narrow view
For lens B we have a medium view
for lens D we have a wide view.

For lens A the cam is close up
For lens B the cam is like set back some
For lens D the cam isset back more

Try not to be picky guys and gals, because you be like some, still with a stock or no cam, just enjoy.

D1, D2 will be for the lend D's replacement for the housing, not of the actual view,
Quote:
Originally Posted by empeabee View Post
Er Er yes, which lens is A,B or D ? (only D1,D2,D3,D4 in table)
what does this mean?Confusus he say

Apart from that, it looks very impressive, but useless for people like me who are just simple minded computer design engineers.
Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by airmob View Post
I really don't see how your chart helps. Eckace1 asked about the "fov of the A lens and the B lens" and you post a chart about four completely different lenses, none of which are supplied with this camera (two of them wouldn't even fit it).

I am not enjoying.
I have to agree with empeabee and airmob.

Your chart has absolutely nothing to do with the #16 and I don't know why you posted something so unrelated. It is no use whatsoever.
Also, I don't understand most of what you wrote. What on earth do you mean by
Quote:
Try not to be picky guys and gals, because you be like some, still with a stock or no cam, just enjoy.

D1, D2 will be for the lend D's replacement for the housing, not of the actual view,
?

To Eckace1: If you click "Search this Thread" next to "Thread Tools" in the blue line at the top of this page you will get a drop-down box. If you enter "aov fov" and then click the "Go" button, you will get 25 hits. There have been a lot of posts about the differences between AOV and FOV and different measurements and pictures and even videos comparing the different lenses. They are all in this thread, but because there are so many posts, you will have to pick out the ones that interest you.

Like Tom originally posted, you'll have to do a bit of research on your own, but it's all here.
Isoprop is offline Find More Posts by Isoprop
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 09, 2012, 09:31 AM
Registered User
Joined Nov 2010
2,546 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishycomics View Post
Yes


Contact sellers in post 2 elctoponline365@mail email Mary or pete

Case runs a few dollars for d and always needs swapping from d to a or b

Case and lens b needs just a tad larger diameter for no distortion

Be very careful bout lens module cable

Lens d swap

[ duplicate video removed ]

....
Maybe you've forgotten already, but you posted this exact same video with the exact same link 4 days ago.

A link to your original post would have been much more appropriate.....
Isoprop is offline Find More Posts by Isoprop
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion The REAL (#11) HD Key Cam Thread (PLEASE! READ POSTS #1-#3 BEFORE POSTING QUESTIONS!) Tom Frank Aerial Photography 9936 Feb 11, 2014 09:56 AM
Discussion Looking to buy #11 HD Key Cam within US Abolfazl Aerial Photography 1 Feb 14, 2012 01:59 AM
Poll Poll For Current and Future #11 HD Key Cam Users Tom Frank Aerial Photography 0 Sep 25, 2011 11:55 PM
Discussion New HD Key Cam CHAMP? 1080x720p 3 HOUR RECORD TIME! Jaybee Aerial Photography 4 Jun 02, 2011 11:39 AM