SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Aug 02, 2010, 08:21 PM
Fly lower!
West Texas
Joined Jan 2005
2,391 Posts
Discussion
Installing Landing Gear on Freestyle & F3P

Many of you have seen my video about making landing gear for Freestyle & F3P pattern planes. If not, the video has been included.

The new video is a followup clip which will demonstrate my technique for mounting the gear to your plane. Also included are numerous photos showing several of my planes with the gear installed.

The skids that come with most kits work great, and almost all the top competitors use them on their competition planes.

I fly off very rough concrete, and the skids don't seem to work as well, so I put wheels on all my planes, to prevent drag, and the "tipover" that follows.

Feel free to post any comments and questions on this thread

Installing Landing Gear on Freestyle and F3P pattern planes

Installing Landing Gear for Freestyle & F3P Pattern Planes (6 min 33 sec)

Making Landing Gear for Freestyle & F3P planesThread link: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1170248

Making F3P & Freestyle landing gear (6 min 32 sec)

aerolite
aerolite is online now Find More Posts by aerolite
Last edited by aerolite; Oct 15, 2010 at 01:54 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 15, 2010, 10:36 AM
I fly 3-C Crash,Crunch,Crumble
USA, NM, Clovis
Joined Feb 2010
1,084 Posts
LG install

Aerolite; I have several planes that need a LG. Both of your threads are very informative for me. Maybe i will have a wheels DOWN landing soon See ya in Monahans
Mr. foambuilder is offline Find More Posts by Mr. foambuilder
Old Oct 16, 2010, 05:38 PM
I fly 3-C Crash,Crunch,Crumble
USA, NM, Clovis
Joined Feb 2010
1,084 Posts
LG install

Aerolite; I just finished my first fab and install of a carbon fiber LG on a Depron Mini Malibu. Not perfect, but it is ok. I had no small wheels, but did have some 1/2" Nylon rod, so guess what? I now have a pair of very small Nylon wheels (made them on my lathe). Plane sits just a little tilted, but you know how I fly, I will have a chance to straighten them soon Looking forward to Monahans next weekend. If you have the Four Site, bring it, I may have some money to spend Regards, and thanks for the thread. RR
Mr. foambuilder is offline Find More Posts by Mr. foambuilder
Old Oct 17, 2010, 02:47 PM
Fly lower!
West Texas
Joined Jan 2005
2,391 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapid Roy View Post
Aerolite; I just finished my first fab and install of a carbon fiber LG on a Depron Mini Malibu. Not perfect, but it is ok. I had no small wheels, but did have some 1/2" Nylon rod, so guess what? I now have a pair of very small Nylon wheels (made them on my lathe). Plane sits just a little tilted, but you know how I fly, I will have a chance to straighten them soon Looking forward to Monahans next weekend. If you have the Four Site, bring it, I may have some money to spend Regards, and thanks for the thread. RR

Rapid Roy,

Glad the landing gear is working out well for you. It takes a little practice, but once you master this technique, you can make these landing gear very quickly. I usually make 8 - 10 sets at a time. Here is the link to the wheels I used in the videos.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...4&postcount=56

Dennis Robbins (aerolite)
aerolite is online now Find More Posts by aerolite