HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 03, 2002, 10:40 PM
Kings Park, New York, USA
Joined Sep 2001
813 Posts
Need insite on Pseudo Warmliner

Need a bit of insight, to predict just how long a flight I can expect prior to a perfect 1-point landing.

I just received my 3/4 HP Aveox 1015 2Y with 4.4 to 1 and 16 CP1700SCR cells and a RF 14.5x14 prop.

This is to power my much stiffened with thinner Zagi 3C (E3C I will call it) wing with 48 inch wingspan . AUW should be 60 oz plus. I have bungi launched a 3C glider at this weight and did hand launches with no problems. Flies fine, L/D bout same, faster speed so higher sink rate.

Now for some insight I need.

This motor is a beast. The prop is stalled static, but generates an incredible amount of torque. You can barely hold it. It would require about 12 oz out on a 2-foot lever to counteract it. There is almost no thrust being generated.

As far as torque goes, once the prop becomes unstalled in flight, will it go up, remain the same or go down as compared to static?

As far as in-flight amps go once full straight-line speed has been achieved, as compared to static, will there be a greater difference on a model with a stalled prop as compared to a model that has a prop that is not stalled?

Do you Hot Liner Guys with very Powerful LMR setups have any problem with torque effect? Huge wingspan gives for sure more leverage.

Thx.
Ron Parigoris
rparigoris is offline Find More Posts by rparigoris
to remove ads between posts