Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jul 14, 2013, 02:47 PM
United States, CA, Fresno
Joined Feb 2013
1,031 Posts
Discussion
In flight DJI GPS failure

Went outside for a quick test of my quad. Trying a different mount for the camera, so I just needed a few photos from the air. Everything started out normal. 30 seconds after liftoff, the GPS stopped working and the Naza switched to ATTI mode. It just died mid flight. No recent crashes or problems with the flight control system. I tried power it on and off a few times, but nothing. I reset the Naza software but it acts like the GPS is not even plugged in. I have plugged and unplugged it, it's just dead. Only 6 months old, I had expected something like this would go for a few years if I did not crash into something with it.

Justed ordered a new one, that sucks a bit.
CG Photo is online now Find More Posts by CG Photo
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 14, 2013, 03:39 PM
Joined May 2013
162 Posts
can you give more info about what happened? is there a video of it?
My F450 fell from the sky tonight (I posted a thread with video of it)
djneils98 is offline Find More Posts by djneils98
Old Jul 14, 2013, 04:01 PM
United States, CA, Fresno
Joined Feb 2013
1,031 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by djneils98 View Post
can you give more info about what happened? is there a video of it?
My F450 fell from the sky tonight (I posted a thread with video of it)
The status light switched from green to yellow and it started drifting slightly with the wind instead of holding position when I let off of the sticks. Nothing to see on video. It flew and landed find, but now the Naza software does not recognize a GPS is attached.

I was shooting stills from the RX100 camera and using a GoPro for FPV camera orientation at the time and not recording video. Nothing interesting happened other than the GPS just went by-by. Normal ATTI control and landing.
CG Photo is online now Find More Posts by CG Photo