HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 29, 2013, 10:03 PM
Tampa,Fl
United States, FL, Tampa
Joined Jan 2007
1,471 Posts
Discussion
Ultra Stick / Q500 Pylon Hybrid ???

Looking for a Plane that's Like a Ultra Stick 40 but one that can Haul but. I never had a Q500 and would be willing to get one but I assume it wouldn't have the Aerobatic Performance of the Ultra stick. There is a guy at my Field that scratch builds A Beautiful Stick that has a thinner wing and is stronger built than the H9 Ultra stick but He's tired of building. Not sure what to do.
Dale 813 is online now Find More Posts by Dale 813
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 30, 2013, 09:51 AM
USA, TX, Grapevine
Joined Dec 2008
12,447 Posts
Well, TexasRCplanes.com has a series of DraStick planes that work really well, all different sizes too.

But the Q500 types of planes will do aerobatics quite well. But maybe knife edges aren't so good as a plane with a more side area in its fuselage would do though.
earlwb is online now Find More Posts by earlwb
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My Low Wing plane
Old Jan 30, 2013, 10:02 AM
Fueled by Arabica Beans
United States, NY, Syracuse
Joined Oct 2008
3,842 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by earlwb View Post
Well, TexasRCplanes.com has a series of DraStick planes that work really well, all different sizes too.

But the Q500 types of planes will do aerobatics quite well. But maybe knife edges aren't so good as a plane with a more side area in its fuselage would do though.
Yup, just as long as you don't get goofy and only use one aileron for control. I'd say a Q-500 with conventional tail, or T-tail (more aerodynamic) and slightly larger ailerons with greater throws is what you want. And if you want it to be stick-like, just lop off the wingtips and build up some Stick wing tips.
ChillPhatCat is offline Find More Posts by ChillPhatCat
Old Jan 30, 2013, 11:01 AM
Tampa,Fl
United States, FL, Tampa
Joined Jan 2007
1,471 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by earlwb View Post

Awesome. I'm gonna get one. What color Y'all like. Red/yellow. White/red or blue/white ?
Old Jan 30, 2013, 11:37 AM
Tampa,Fl
United States, FL, Tampa
Joined Jan 2007
1,471 Posts
I had no patience. I ordered the Red/Yellow one. Thanks guys for the advise.