HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 31, 2013, 02:59 PM
USA, CA, Ahwahnee
Joined Sep 2004
428 Posts
Oh my. I just received my popwing today. There were no props in the box but I had one that worked.
I just can't believe this thing! Intense is the only way I can describe it. Haha
powerstroke01 is offline Find More Posts by powerstroke01
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 12, 2013, 08:43 PM
United States, WA, Puyallup
Joined Aug 2006
2,207 Posts
flys like a wingthng2 with a microdan motor
lectroglide is offline Find More Posts by lectroglide
Old Feb 13, 2013, 12:52 AM
FPV Dealer,Getting People High
United States, CA, Arcadia
Joined Sep 2011
887 Posts
Yeah but for alot cheaper microdan motors alone are $55
Johnnymeg is online now Find More Posts by Johnnymeg
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 13, 2013, 10:46 AM
United States, WA, Puyallup
Joined Aug 2006
2,207 Posts
yes you pay for quality for sure,....... so are yours reworked or stock?
lectroglide is offline Find More Posts by lectroglide
Last edited by lectroglide; Feb 13, 2013 at 02:03 PM.
Old Feb 13, 2013, 06:01 PM
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Feb 2011
316 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lectroglide View Post
yes you pay for quality for sure,....... so are yours reworked or stock?
They come with all servos, esc, battery underneath so scrapes on ground when land. He mounts and solders them all on the top so belly landing doesnt damage anything
beercandan11 is offline Find More Posts by beercandan11
Old Feb 14, 2013, 12:42 AM
Joined Sep 2011
887 Posts
They are completely Reworked from the ground up. I even modify the airframe like dan said, make practical modifications, and then the power system is about 4 times more powerful, and the speeds are insane as the title says.

Youll just have to order one and find out I havent had a unsatisfied customer yet.
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 14, 2013, 07:12 PM
manahawkin NJ
Joined Dec 2009
1,291 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnymeg View Post
they are completely reworked from the ground up. I even modify the airframe like dan said, make practical modifications, and then the power system is about 4 times more powerful, and the speeds are insane as the title says.

Youll just have to order one and find out :d i havent had a unsatisfied customer yet.
yup top notch:d
smitty919 is online now Find More Posts by smitty919
Old Feb 17, 2013, 08:03 PM
Fabrication Extraordinaire!
United States, MI, Niles
Joined Mar 2008
967 Posts
Do you have any left? Just out of curiosity can you get your hands on any of the regular popwings? Having trouble finding those...
flyinjrc74 is offline Find More Posts by flyinjrc74
Old Feb 18, 2013, 12:57 AM
Joined Sep 2011
887 Posts
I have been trying to keep them in stock I have a few select color choices at the moment. As far as the large models you can just order from nitro planes. They have the arf and kit models available. If you get the kit I can recommended a power system. It wasn't financially practical for me to modify them.
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 18, 2013, 07:33 PM
How do I change this text?
The Beautiful Mountains of Utah
Joined Oct 2006
6,227 Posts
Sweet! I ordered over the weekend and already got a shipping confirmation! Thanks, Johnny!
Darth_Elevator is offline Find More Posts by Darth_Elevator
Old Feb 19, 2013, 01:03 AM
Joined Sep 2011
887 Posts
My pleasure !! I try to have them out asap. I also ship priority so you should receive it within 2-3 days.
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 19, 2013, 01:22 PM
Joined Oct 2006
6,227 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnymeg View Post
My pleasure !! I try to have them out asap. I also ship priority so you should receive it within 2-3 days.
Awesome. Thanks again. I told a few flying buddies about this, so don't be surprised if you get a couple more orders from Utah. That happens so often. Someone shows up with some new plane and then within a month everybody's got one. That's happened with 48-inch combat wings, Alulas, Vapors (and UMF's of several varieties), Weasels, DLG's, IFO's, nightflyers, tricopters, and the list goes on. The best RC advertising is when someone shows up to fly with a fun new plane.
Old Feb 20, 2013, 12:57 AM
Joined Sep 2011
887 Posts
I agree, I sold one up north to some one in Livermore california last month. I have gotten 6 orderes from there since. A group of great guys.

Thank you for the referals.
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Johnnymeg; Feb 20, 2013 at 02:09 PM.
Old Feb 27, 2013, 05:29 PM
Joined Oct 2006
6,227 Posts
This is a great plane! Well packaged and quickly shipped. Glued on the wingtips, bound it to my tx, and flew! It really was that easy. I was hoping this would be a good replacement for my long-dead mini speedwing and it is!

I love the unlimited vertical. Johnny really did his homework in putting together the right power system for this plane. I also love that when I throttle off, it doesn't drop out of the sky, but glides very well.
Last edited by Darth_Elevator; Feb 28, 2013 at 11:25 AM.
Old Mar 01, 2013, 07:38 PM
manahawkin NJ
Joined Dec 2009
1,291 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Elevator View Post
This is a great plane! Well packaged and quickly shipped. Glued on the wingtips, bound it to my tx, and flew! It really was that easy. I was hoping this would be a good replacement for my long-dead mini speedwing and it is!

I love the unlimited vertical. Johnny really did his homework in putting together the right power system for this plane. I also love that when I throttle off, it doesn't drop out of the sky, but glides very well.
Truly a awesome all around great build he made...
I feel the same nothing better then ripping the Sky's apart at blistering speeds of 75mph plus then to just cut the throttle and sore the Sky's for what feels like for ever...

Would i buy more yes i would if i was able to kill this one lol what a tough wing

Johnny great job brother.....
smitty919 is online now Find More Posts by smitty919