Old Mar 03, 2012, 10:10 PM
Gravity? No, the Earth sucks
United States, IA, Des Moines
Joined Apr 2011
1,214 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by raygun45 View Post
Does anyone know what the typical range is for the EZ* RTF model IE 72mhz

FYI I have just graduated from AIR HOGS so that is why I am hesitant to push it with the EZ......any help would be appreciated.

Raygun
Ray- here is a video which should show you how far and high you can go- One of the planes shown is using a 72mhz optic 6 tx, the other is a 2.4ghz optic 6- the 72 MHz probably has more range- than my new fangled 2.4 system
EasyStar's first Flight of 2012 over Altoona, Iowa with crash landing (6 min 54 sec)
scottdearinger is offline Find More Posts by scottdearinger
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 03, 2012, 10:53 PM
More Pixels!
Collegedale TN
Joined Jan 2006
1,412 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eckace1 View Post
Do you guys glue the inner sleeve to the outer sleeve for the control rods?
Quote:
Originally Posted by heymak View Post
The real trick is to not do that. They are designed to move freely.
He isn't talking about the steel control rod - he's talking about the two hollow plastic sleeves. It did seem a bit strange that they were that way.

I didn't glue them together. It worked fine.
jbeckett is offline Find More Posts by jbeckett
Old Mar 03, 2012, 11:02 PM
More Pixels!
Collegedale TN
Joined Jan 2006
1,412 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottdearinger View Post
you may want to glide test your plane with power off- just give it a little toss in the yard (level with the ground)and it should land nice and easy and gentle- if it stalls or pitches up, you have a CG(balance) or trim problem
My personal take: If it stalls, you also get a bent nose. Get the CG correct before flying it, and fly at least 50 feet above the ground until you have the elevator trimmed for smooth flight.

A "hot" landing - where you let it go down as it wants, then rotate to level in the last 3 feet - is less likely to bend the nose than trying to float it down.

There is a strong division of opinion on whether to do a power-off glide test. Traditionalist RC'ers are usually on the "yes" side. Guys who teethed on an Easy Star usually agree with the Multiplex manual and vote "no." Don't waste your life on it. Spend your available time flying!
jbeckett is offline Find More Posts by jbeckett
Old Mar 03, 2012, 11:46 PM
Angels Camp, California
Joined Jan 2006
920 Posts
control rods

Do not glue ANY of the rods together. Having each layer slide is how it's designed.
LannyG
LannyG is offline Find More Posts by LannyG
Old Mar 04, 2012, 01:43 AM
So I'M meant to be in control?
Ilkley, West Yorkshire, UK
Joined Nov 2008
3,470 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles61 View Post
I read this forum and said to the boss this is the aircraft I need so looking at the Australian link for the basic kit as stated, Ive got enough gear like mini servos etc to finish her off, I ordered the EZ this morning and look forward to firstly putting her together and then the flight at the cricket oval. I am the only flyer here in Outback Injune in Queensland so this aircraft should be the perfect trainer for me. So wish me luck and will report on this maiden flight and hopefully agree with you all on just how good this Aircraft is.
Charles
Good on ya, Chaz! Welcome aboard, and feel free to ask questions and post pics through your build. You'll find folks on this thread just about the friendliest about, though do expect some good natured ragging! And if you really want help, say you like Dachshunds!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eckace1 View Post
Thats it all this silly talk cricket pitch and you other guys sheesh. We need to start limiting these britts to a quota on posts dosen't matter though cant understand them and google translater dosent help either.
And dont worry too much about the Yanks inability to understand that the world isn't actually segregated into two parts - ie 'the USA' and 'not the USA but wishes it was the USA'.
Colonel Blink is offline Find More Posts by Colonel Blink
Last edited by Colonel Blink; Mar 04, 2012 at 10:38 AM.
Old Mar 04, 2012, 04:13 AM
Joined Mar 2012
4 Posts
Thanks for the welcome mate. Yanks haha Im an Aussie living in Queensland Australia not a pommie haha but guess what I was born in Aberdeen Scotland so came here when I was 11 with my parents. Now am 61 and been in the Aussie airforce and Army so I guess I can call meself one of em.
Tks yes will be paying for that Wednesday so next week will get her up and running.
Charles
Charles61 is offline Find More Posts by Charles61
Old Mar 04, 2012, 04:42 AM
UK, Bedworth
Joined Apr 2004
2,542 Posts
Quote:
That's it I decided more flying practice required a lot different from my Helis that I fly, so I read this forum and said to the boss this is the aircraft I need so looking at the Australian link for the basic kit as stated, Ive got enough gear like mini servos etc to finish her off, I ordered the EZ this morning and look forward to firstly putting her together and then the flight at the cricket oval. I am the only flyer here in Outback Injune in Queensland so this aircraft should be the perfect trainer for me.
So wish me luck and will report on this maiden flight and hopefully agree with you all on just how good this Aircraft is.

Charles
Charles

Best of luck I hope you have a lot of fun with your Easy Star even if some Yank has mistaken you for an Englishman . He obviously doesn't realise that cricket is played all over the civilised world..
Remember to fit the CG at the recommended position.

Regards

Terry
Terry Rigden is offline Find More Posts by Terry Rigden
Old Mar 04, 2012, 06:11 AM
RC Geek
United States, NJ, Stanhope
Joined Dec 2004
813 Posts
Wow, spend a day driving out to Hershey to pick up a new puppy and look what I miss.

Gene, interesting on the Toyota recall, my dad had the exact same thing about 2 years ago give or take. At that time they new they had to replace the frame, but didn't really seem to know how to go about it. I think he ended up trading the truck in though.

Scott, I hear you on visability, I ended up going with silver on the bottom on mine and a yellow tail so I can get a sense of direction LOS. I've used silver before and like it as you can lift a wing and the high side will reflect the sun pretty well. All good though, pink is your thing :-)

-Scott
Scott_NJ is offline Find More Posts by Scott_NJ
Old Mar 04, 2012, 07:10 AM
Why so serious?
United States, FL, Cape Coral
Joined Dec 2007
5,972 Posts
Quote:
Thanks for the welcome mate. Yanks haha Im an Aussie living in Queensland Australia not a pommie haha but guess what I was born in Aberdeen Scotland so came here when I was 11 with my parents. Now am 61 and been in the Aussie airforce and Army so I guess I can call meself one of em.
Tks yes will be paying for that Wednesday so next week will get her up and running.
Charles
Welcome Chuck.
Good luck on your build. Have you decided on what motor to use? You seem like a brushless kind of guy.

Also please excuse the Iowa boys. Here in the US we send all the "special" people to Iowa hoping to keep them out of the mainstream of society but someone figured out how to turn a computer on and now we have to deal with them.

eckace1, remember the Brits, Aussies and Canadians always had our back anytime we went into some God forsaken 4th world country that needed the snot smacked out of them.

So, how many wiener dogs do you have?
2500GENE is offline Find More Posts by 2500GENE
Old Mar 04, 2012, 08:09 AM
Joined Apr 2011
1,214 Posts
Hey at least one Iowan welcomed an Australian- I just don't want him to crash on any crickets- And yes You are Special if you get to live here- This is a great state that feed all of youse
Old Mar 04, 2012, 08:28 AM
Wallop!
Bussum, Netherlands
Joined Oct 2009
732 Posts
C&C flying

Quote:
Ray- here is a video which should show you how far and high you can go- One of the planes shown is using a 72mhz optic 6 tx, the other is a 2.4ghz optic 6- the 72 MHz probably has more range- than my new fangled 2.4 system
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYjMw3oUb1Y
Great flying guys! Beautiful weather & clouds too!

I forget your names all the time but here at home you're known as "Crash 'n Cripple". Hope you don't mind. I don't know exactly who's Crash and who's Cripple but you guys fly together all the time so it doesn't matter really .

Thanks for posting and keep up your great flying C&C, it's always a blast to see!
Martin
Martin7182 is offline Find More Posts by Martin7182
Old Mar 04, 2012, 08:43 AM
Joined Apr 2011
1,214 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin. View Post
Great flying guys! Beautiful weather & clouds too!

I forget your names all the time but here at home you're known as "Crash 'n Cripple". Hope you don't mind. I don't know exactly who's Crash and who's Cripple but you guys fly together all the time so it doesn't matter really .

Thanks for posting and keep up your great flying C&C, it's always a blast to see!
Martin
hmm The trouble is -the cripple crashes too. But We are persistant- and may fly our radians today- wind permitting- heading back to the basement for more EZ painting-
We need a good shark teeth and eye decal for Eckace's Urinator plane- Any plane with a name like that should look mean...
Last edited by scottdearinger; Mar 04, 2012 at 09:51 AM.
Old Mar 04, 2012, 08:53 AM
Row 0, Seat A
Savannah, GA
Joined Jan 2008
2,705 Posts
Quote:
hmm The trouble is -the cripple crashes too. Burt We are persistant- and may fly our radians today- wind permitting- heading back to the basement for more EZ painting-
We need a good shark teeth and eye decal for Eckace's Urinator plane- Any plane with a name like that should look mean...
Maybe just one eye?

Ted
G550Ted is offline Find More Posts by G550Ted
Old Mar 04, 2012, 08:53 AM
United States, FL, Clearwater
Joined Aug 2011
1,595 Posts
Quote:
hmm The trouble is -the cripple crashes too. Burt We are persistant- and may fly our radians today- wind permitting- heading back to the basement for more EZ painting-
Don't you mean Pissed Off
Eagle202 is offline Find More Posts by Eagle202
Old Mar 04, 2012, 09:46 AM
I think it'll work this time!!
399 feet above Roanoke, VA
Joined Jan 2007
3,443 Posts
Quote:
Charles
Welcome, Charles! Yankee Grandson of a Scottie from Dundee here! (We Americans are all mutts when ya get right down to it. ) Some of us even get out of the country once in a while. We have even discovered that there are other people out there!

Great choice on the EZ*. You'll find lots of friendly advice here, secretly wedged in between all of the mindless chatter about life in general. (We kinda like it that way.)

So here's to ya! Keep on posting, we're all behind you!

Bob
aka
Chairwolf (the original "Bob" around here)!!
Chairwolf is offline Find More Posts by Chairwolf