Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Feb 23, 2011, 06:33 AM
Upstanding Member
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Sep 2003
1,807 Posts
Finally got a S206g yesterday, first tandem since my trusty, rusty Airhogs Tandem bought in 2008.
$28 and one week delivery from bigboytoys (Macaotravel)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...K%3AMEWNX%3AIT

Great communication from this seller. I was a little miffed upon receipt that the package had clearly been opened with re-taping and the heli inserted upside down. Everything inside was brand new at least.
Felt a little sheepish Leni responded to my email (immediately) that this is done to provide some extra protection during shipping. Smart!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AH-64 D View Post
That said, tandems are by design, trucks.
A truck can be as much fun as a Porsche
Unless you're referring to a truck's ability to carry a mattress in the cargo bed, I beg to differ.
Nevertheless, the S026g is a sweet chopper
And I prefer Italian cars
Kurt is offline Find More Posts by Kurt
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 27, 2011, 06:00 PM
Italia, Puglia, Taranto
Joined Feb 2011
102 Posts
Hi Guys

I have the Tandem from 2 days and it flight very vell,

I have only a little problem so far, I need everytime to move the rudder trim totally to the right ( from the beginning of the flight ) and it tend to move the nose still a little bit on to the left, it is normal ?

I using it with a Spektrum DX8 and I payed in version BNF 60 euro

here it is a little test flight

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXlv4sonlHA

hoping to hear you soon for some suggestion

best regards

Fabio
Fabio1970 is offline Find More Posts by Fabio1970
Old Feb 27, 2011, 06:03 PM
Italia, Puglia, Taranto
Joined Feb 2011
102 Posts
and this is the smaller brother Syma S.026, and even if usually flight with more big helicopters, I must admit that this model is very beautiful.
this is my video, hoping to give other contribute to all of the appassionate of this brand and model:

RC Heli - SYMA S.026 - Micro CHINOOK CH-47.wmv (11 min 1 sec)

regards from Holland

Fabio
Old Feb 27, 2011, 08:04 PM
Joined Dec 2010
821 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabio1970 View Post
Hi Guys

I have the Tandem from 2 days and it flight very vell,

I have only a little problem so far, I need everytime to move the rudder trim totally to the right ( from the beginning of the flight ) and it tend to move the nose still a little bit on to the left, it is normal ?

I using it with a Spektrum DX8 and I payed in version BNF 60 euro

here it is a little test flight

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXlv4sonlHA

hoping to hear you soon for some suggestion

best regards

Fabio
Hey man nice vids!! As to your question about the trim issue, it is likely due to imbalanced swashplates... If you readjust your swashplates to correct the rotation it will greatly reduce the need for trim and improve performance!
THE_SHRUB is offline Find More Posts by THE_SHRUB
Old Feb 28, 2011, 08:55 PM
Italia, Puglia, Taranto
Joined Feb 2011
102 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by THE_SHRUB View Post
Hey man nice vids!! As to your question about the trim issue, it is likely due to imbalanced swashplates... If you readjust your swashplates to correct the rotation it will greatly reduce the need for trim and improve performance!
today I followed your suggestion, you was 100% right

the front swashplate was bent on the left side, I disconneted the link and shortened up with 3 complete turns........he flies now perfectly and I have the trim of the rudder almost at the centre

thank you so much for your help

W RCGgroups, W all of you

best regards

Fabio
Old Mar 05, 2011, 02:23 PM
Michigan's U.P.
Joined Dec 2003
494 Posts
R/C Micro World meets Tandem Rescue

For you Tandem Rescue fans, check out the March issue of R/C Micro World. I had a lot of fun designing a "forest fire control tank" that allows Zippy 350 and 400 cells to be used in place of the very average stock battery.

Former AMA president John Worth started this online magazine after the print version discontinued and has done a great job of reporting on this specialty area of our hobby.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/RC-Micro-World/

Check out an issue to see if your appetite might be whetted:

www.co-op-plans.info/rcmw/rcmw-visitor.pdf

This month's Heli Corner article is about the mCX Tandem Rescue. (An index to heli articles available is included at the end of each article.) Last month's article showed how to tame the mSR with the use of negative exponentials.

Dick
Dick Adams is offline Find More Posts by Dick Adams
Old Mar 05, 2011, 03:56 PM
Joined Dec 2010
821 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick Adams View Post
For you Tandem Rescue fans, check out the March issue of R/C Micro World. I had a lot of fun designing a "forest fire control tank" that allows Zippy 350 and 400 cells to be used in place of the very average stock battery.

Former AMA president John Worth started this online magazine after the print version discontinued and has done a great job of reporting on this specialty area of our hobby.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/RC-Micro-World/

Check out an issue to see if your appetite might be whetted:

www.co-op-plans.info/rcmw/rcmw-visitor.pdf

This month's Heli Corner article is about the mCX Tandem Rescue. (An index to heli articles available is included at the end of each article.) Last month's article showed how to tame the mSR with the use of negative exponentials.

Dick
OOOH I was looking for an issue of that!!! I watched an old video streaming from an online RC show that had the first showing of the Eflite Tandem Rescue and they mentioned that article!
Old Mar 06, 2011, 06:38 AM
Michigan's U.P.
Joined Dec 2003
494 Posts
Double the fun!!

Shrub & Fabio:

Glad you started this thread, Shrub. We in the North need something to do inside in the winters, eh? Your photo montage in the early posts is great.

And speaking of great, Fabio's video of the Chinook is terrific! The haunting music and mixes of real world Chinook shots are OUTSTANDING!!

I hope you are working on something similar for the Labrador!!

What I love about flying my Tandem Rescue is the challenge of learning how to do pivot turns around either rotor or the CG, along with the secret for making pure sideways lateral moves. Lots of fun.

Did you know that the designer of the first successful tandems was a fellow by the name of Frank Piasecki? His early tandems were fondly called "flying bananas, " not because of their color, but because of their great upswept fuselages.

It inspired me to draw my first cartoon!

Dick
Last edited by Dick Adams; Mar 06, 2011 at 09:04 AM.
Old Mar 06, 2011, 07:46 AM
Joined Dec 2010
821 Posts
Quote:
Shrub & Fabio:

Glad you started this thread, Shrub. We in the North need something to do inside in the winters, eh? Your photo montage in the early posts is great.

And speaking of great, Fabio's video of the Chinook is terrific! The haunting music and mixes of real world Chinook shots are OUTSTANDING!!

What I love about flying my Tandem Rescue is the challenge of learning how to do pivot turns around either rotor or the CG, along with the secret for making pure sideways lateral moves. Lots of fun.

Did you know that the designer of the first successful tandems was a fellow by the name of Frank Piasecki? His early tandems were fondly called "flying bananas, " not because of their color, but because of their great upswept fuselages.

It inspired me to draw my first cartoon!

Dick
GO BANANA!!!!

And ya I am cookin something up as we speak, its just been super busy in the camp lately so to speak

SUPPORT THE TANDEMS!!!
Old Mar 13, 2011, 07:08 PM
Italia, Puglia, Taranto
Joined Feb 2011
102 Posts
Quote:
Shrub & Fabio:

Dick
following your hope.............I'm very proud to show all of you, my last complete video on The " Labrador" ( my previous video posted above on this model was partial and not completed yet ):

RC Heli - E-Flite BLADE MCX TANDEM RESCUE/CH-113 LABRADOR - Part 1 (14 min 12 sec)

hope you enjoy

best regards from Holland

Fabio
Old Mar 13, 2011, 08:36 PM
Michigan's U.P.
Joined Dec 2003
494 Posts
Vertol videos!

Fabio, kudos, again!

Also, compliments to the camerawoman. Fearless with that dog that had to be the size of a small elephant.

If I revisit the Tandem in a future column, I will definitely steer people to your videos. Great work.

I want to see Tandem pilots starting to do pivots around the front and back rotors. It looks great and is too much fun. If I could fly and video I would show you. Perhaps I will also try to recruit a certain camerawoman.

Dick
Old Mar 14, 2011, 08:58 AM
Newcastle Area UK
Joined Jul 2010
66 Posts
I now have 2x Heng Kun HK298 Twin Screw Transport Helicopters they are almost the exact same as a Syma S026 except for the odd difference.
Video of a complete charge flight below

Heng Kun HK298 Twin Screw Transport Chinook flight video. (7 min 15 sec)

and also there are extensive pictures and review of it in this thread :----

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1400425
Rodeown is offline Find More Posts by Rodeown
Old Mar 16, 2011, 02:37 AM
Italia, Puglia, Taranto
Joined Feb 2011
102 Posts
Quote:
Fabio, kudos, again!

Also, compliments to the camerawoman. Fearless with that dog that had to be the size of a small elephant.

If I revisit the Tandem in a future column, I will definitely steer people to your videos. Great work.

I want to see Tandem pilots starting to do pivots around the front and back rotors. It looks great and is too much fun. If I could fly and video I would show you. Perhaps I will also try to recruit a certain camerawoman.

Dick
thank you so much for your kind compliments.....I'm a disperate case.....this passion is rising every-day always more.......my wife gave me an "Ultimatum" .....

ciao

Fabio
Old Mar 20, 2011, 04:38 PM
Master Of My Universe
Newcastle, UK
Joined Jul 2010
2,700 Posts
My Chinook Fleet

I decided to gather my Chinook fleet together for a photoshoot .

The one Chinook without a fuselage is the one I velcro a keyfob cam on

Here are a couple of pictures which show off my addiction to the Chinook
scotsoft is offline Find More Posts by scotsoft
Old Mar 20, 2011, 09:40 PM
Joined Dec 2010
821 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scotsoft View Post
I decided to gather my Chinook fleet together for a photoshoot .

The one Chinook without a fuselage is the one I velcro a keyfob cam on

Here are a couple of pictures which show off my addiction to the Chinook
HOLY JEEZ SCOTSOFT!!!! Wow!! I think you have the largest fleet of sub-micro tandem helicopters ever! (or at least that I've ever seen)

You should try and track down some different color variants to the s026g. I'm itching to see some nice pics of the orange/white one