HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 31, 2013, 11:14 PM
Team Hacker
Vancouver BC Canada
Joined Jul 2006
1,160 Posts
I have measured the Hacker A100-10 at about 7500 Watts using a Xoar 27x12 (12S). If it is about 55 lbs then is would be about 135 watts per lb. It is going to be still better than scale flight but not 3D. I can always upgrade to a Hacker A150 later if I am not happy with the performance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzparkPilot View Post
Oh man Im looking forward to seeing this fly - Sorry Im sure you have answered this but what will be the W/Lbs ratio ?

And Can you make me one in bright orange and black please ??
Geoff Dryer is offline Find More Posts by Geoff Dryer
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 31, 2013, 11:16 PM
Team Park Pilot - Airborne
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Nov 2006
4,452 Posts
You might just be able to hover for a few seconds before going into a nice tail slide and hammerhead !
OzparkPilot is online now Find More Posts by OzparkPilot
Old Jan 31, 2013, 11:34 PM
Team Hacker
Vancouver BC Canada
Joined Jul 2006
1,160 Posts
My 1/4 scale Decathlon is scale power and I really enjoy flying it that way. It does nice stall turns and tail slides!

I forgot to mention that cubic wing loading is an important factor. Theoretically the wing loading of my cub will be reasonably low allowing it to fly more efficiently on less power.

Quote:
You might just be able to hover for a few seconds before going into a nice tail slide and hammerhead !
Old Jan 31, 2013, 11:45 PM
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Nov 2006
4,452 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Dryer View Post
My 1/4 scale Decathlon is scale power and I really enjoy flying it that way. It does nice stall turns and tail slides!

I forgot to mention that cubic wing loading is an important factor. Theoretically the wing loading of my cub will be reasonably low allowing it to fly more efficiently on less power.
Indeed its a vital point ! What Decath you fly Geoff ? Its still a plane I have many hours in ( full scale ) but NILL RC !
Old Feb 01, 2013, 10:28 AM
Team Hacker
Vancouver BC Canada
Joined Jul 2006
1,160 Posts
It is an RC Guys 1/4 scale Super Decathlon. I am running is on 6S. It is slightly less that 15 lbs in the air.

Quote:
Indeed its a vital point ! What Decath you fly Geoff ? Its still a plane I have many hours in ( full scale ) but NILL RC !
Old Feb 01, 2013, 10:33 AM
Minnesota
Joined Jun 2007
1,916 Posts
That inflight shot looks awesome with the trees in the background. If i didnt know better, I would have said that was a full scale decathalon.
hot glue is offline Find More Posts by hot glue
Old Feb 01, 2013, 11:49 AM
Team Hacker
Vancouver BC Canada
Joined Jul 2006
1,160 Posts
Those photos were taken by Beverly Hudson at the annual Chilliwack Spring Fly-in. She has had authored many articles in various RC magazines over the years. Her photos can be viewed http://www.teamtracon.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by hot glue View Post
That inflight shot looks awesome with the trees in the background. If i didnt know better, I would have said that was a full scale decathalon.
Old Feb 01, 2013, 04:07 PM
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Nov 2006
4,452 Posts
I built one for a mate but its STILL not flown ! Finished it over 6 month ago but he travels alot and wants me to give his some transition training with it first. Its a Pilot RC 122` powered by a Rimfire 65cc on 12s. Huge plane, great quality too.
Old Feb 01, 2013, 10:02 PM
Team Hacker
Vancouver BC Canada
Joined Jul 2006
1,160 Posts
That should have plenty of power wiith a Rimfire 65cc!
What was the final all up weight?

Quote:
I built one for a mate but its STILL not flown ! Finished it over 6 month ago but he travels alot and wants me to give his some transition training with it first. Its a Pilot RC 122` powered by a Rimfire 65cc on 12s. Huge plane, great quality too.
Old Feb 01, 2013, 11:54 PM
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Nov 2006
4,452 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Dryer View Post
That should have plenty of power wiith a Rimfire 65cc!
What was the final all up weight?
Cant remember in all honesty but the P2W was in the 180 WPP region ... prop down lol..
Old Feb 02, 2013, 01:33 PM
Team Hacker
Vancouver BC Canada
Joined Jul 2006
1,160 Posts
Before covering the top of the wing I thought that is was prudent to install the servo wiring. Previously you may recall that I sourced some nifty 6 pin plugs (two servos in each wing half) That ate up another entire evening.
Old Feb 02, 2013, 11:22 PM
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Nov 2006
4,452 Posts
Like the 6 pin plugs - Where can I order these ?
Old Feb 03, 2013, 11:43 AM
Team Hacker
Vancouver BC Canada
Joined Jul 2006
1,160 Posts
They are manufactured by Multiplex but I sourced mine from Aztech Aeromodels.
http://shop.aztechaeromodels.com/Wir...ess-EP-MPX.htm

Quote:
Old Feb 03, 2013, 11:50 AM
Canada, BC, Abbotsford
Joined Jan 2003
4,670 Posts
Quote:
Not sure were Geoff got his. I picked up a bunch of Ashloc connectors from Thunderbolt RC here in Canada. They have 3 /6 /9 / and 12 pin connectors. What I do is cut the servo lead off the servo about 1/2 way. Plug it into the RX and extend the lead. Extend the servo in the same manner. Then install an Ashlok connector. One plug per wing panel. No more labeling 3 or 4 connectors. and having to double check the plugs a couple of times.
Rick
Looks like Geoff can type faster than me.
RiBell is offline Find More Posts by RiBell
Old Feb 03, 2013, 09:19 PM
Team Hacker
Vancouver BC Canada
Joined Jul 2006
1,160 Posts
I will keep that in mind next time. Thanks for the info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiBell View Post
Not sure were Geoff got his. I picked up a bunch of Ashloc connectors from Thunderbolt RC here in Canada. They have 3 /6 /9 / and 12 pin connectors. What I do is cut the servo lead off the servo about 1/2 way. Plug it into the RX and extend the lead. Extend the servo in the same manner. Then install an Ashlok connector. One plug per wing panel. No more labeling 3 or 4 connectors. and having to double check the plugs a couple of times.
Rick
Looks like Geoff can type faster than me.