Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Mar 01, 2010, 10:38 AM
Joined May 2005
750 Posts
Discussion
Peanut Cub

I just love this kit, Don't know how many I have built over the years but I enjoy each and every build. The first kit I received was from Bob Peck him self at a Scale Staffel meeting in the early 80's, man I was in heaven. It is a little challenging to build but well worth it. The laser cut parts make this kit go together mighty fast. The only disappointment is the the yellow canary tissue. I have old Peck J-3 cubs and the tissue is a Cub yellow. I may have to paint this Cub Yellow or use the tissue from one of my older kits.

scigs30 is offline Find More Posts by scigs30
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 02, 2010, 09:21 PM
Joined May 2005
750 Posts
I have the Cub built, ready for the tissue. Great kit Tim, nice laser cut parts and quality tissue. The only complaint......I don't like the new paper box cover. I like the one in the picture. JMO............I am so happy with this laser cut kit, that I ordered all the other peanuts.

Old Mar 06, 2010, 12:12 AM
Joined May 2005
750 Posts
I had some more time today so I applied 2 coats of dope, and began putting the plane together. The domestic Cub yellow looks pretty good. I used Testors Chrome yellow to paint the bare wood struts. So far the weight is 6.9 grams. I did use my Alps printer and made the Cub decal for the tail.

Old Mar 07, 2010, 08:32 PM
Joined May 2005
750 Posts
I finished the Cub tonight, pretty much kept the details as per the plans. The stab is not glued in place yet. I will glue it after the gliding process. Total weight is 9 grams as shown. This is a great kit and straight forward build. Cannot wait to take her flying. Still have some touch up paint around the engine, then she is ready to go. I ordered some wood today so I can continue on with my Comet Curtis Robin.

Old Jun 28, 2010, 06:05 PM
Closed Account
Joined Aug 2006
123 Posts
Nice build! Beautiful work!
scottieshea is offline Find More Posts by scottieshea
Old Sep 26, 2010, 07:43 PM
Some girls are hot.
New Haven, CT
Joined Sep 2010
20 Posts
Hey, great job! I just ordered a Peck peanut Zero, and I'm thinking about doing this one too. Did this Piper kit come with everything seen in the photos, or did you add stuff, like the exhaust pipe and the tail wheel etc.? How does it fly?
The Jaws of Ice is offline Find More Posts by The Jaws of Ice
Old Dec 04, 2013, 06:33 PM
Joined Aug 2013
2 Posts
hello very good serious model kindly provide me a copy of the plane. thank you very much
elsanta is offline Find More Posts by elsanta