New Products Flash Sale

Laine's Planes Tool Caddy

Here is a cool new must-have item from a hardcore RC pilot and long time friend to the hobby...

Splash

Get your act together with Laine's Planes!

If you have ever stayed up too late at SEFF and heard maniacal laughter in the distance followed by the growl of a low flying RC plane then you probably already know who Laine of "Laine's Planes" is. You might also know him from a little RC show called the CrashCast.

The rumor is that Laine's wife banished him to the work shop many years ago and he soon started making RC planes and accessories out of left over balsa wood and a second hand dremel tool.

That brings us to his latest design...

The Laine's Planes Tool Caddy

I heard from the crew of the CrashCast that this was originally designed as merry-go-round for Laine to ride on when he got bored. Not too long after he realized it was also a great thing to keep your tools in.

It has multiple sized and shaped holes on the lower level to hold all types of craft tool. The upper level has holes to fit all three standard sizes of CA bottles and holes for bottles of kicker and debonder (Laine says he has to use debonder on quite a bit). The top is sized to hold your rolls of clear tape, masking tape and more. To top it all off it has "Laines Planes" laser engraved into it so your buddies know where to get one and so Laine will always remember his name.

All kidding aside, this is a cool addition for the shop and a great way to keep you work area clean. It's also always good to know exactly where your tools are.

Photos

With a price as random as eighteen dollars and sixty-nine cents it has to be good!

Specs

• All laser cut from 1/4" MDF. Tab and slot assembly
  • Goes together in about 3 minutes
  • Does not need to be glued (so my buddy "Dry Fit" can take it apart and put it together 3 or 4 times a day.
  • Measures 14" tall over all
  • Lower level 10.5" diameter
  • Upper level 6.5" diameter

Go to Laine's Planes to learn more...that's Lainesplanes.com...that's Lainesplanes.com...

Click here to go to Laine's Planes...dot com.

One More Thing

If you buy this unit be sure to say hey to Laine's pop!

Old Jan 07, 2016, 07:10 PM
Find More Posts by IFLYOS
14s 180mah should be enough...
United States, NC, Pfafftown
Joined Feb 2001
3,895 Posts
I love it..I am sitting here laughing like crazy..great job, Laine..and Jim!
IFLYOS is online now Find More Posts by IFLYOS
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Intro..a few years to late!
Old Jan 07, 2016, 07:14 PM
Find More Posts by Jim T. Graham
Administrator
United States, TN, Nashville
Joined Mar 2002
12,376 Posts
There are some inside jokes in there but Laine said it made him laugh like a little girl!
Jim T. Graham is online now Find More Posts by Jim T. Graham
Administrator
Old Jan 07, 2016, 07:20 PM
Find More Posts by lmopar69
Team Cobra!!! Ssssssss!
United States, NE, Doniphan
Joined Feb 2005
7,874 Posts
Well, I am kinda little... even by little girl standards.

Laine.
lmopar69 is offline Find More Posts by lmopar69
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Solder Caddy
Old Jan 07, 2016, 07:22 PM
Find More Posts by Jason Cole
RCG Staff Member
United States, TN, Nashville
Joined Oct 2003
8,103 Posts
Nice! I need one of those.
Jason Cole is online now Find More Posts by Jason Cole
Administrator
Old Jan 07, 2016, 07:24 PM
Find More Posts by mudman1959
Live to fly... Fly to live
The Mitt
Joined Oct 2007
1,143 Posts
I can vouch for this Guy... While my Son was deployed in Afghanistan, Laine was at his base. I had talked to Laine several times before and had asked him to look up my Son if he ever got to Kandahar. Well he did and passed along a favor for me. I told him to punch my Son in the arm for me and tell him it was from his Dad... Well he did. My Son was not too sure what it was all about and why this Pilot had punched him but all was Ok after the explanation. Laine earned my respect and friendship and the honor to be the first one to fly my Cuda wanna Bee... A foam copy of the Cuda Laine makes and sells on Lainesplanes.com Give his creations a look and support a Great guy! Lee Chamberlin Sr. (Mudman1959)
mudman1959 is offline Find More Posts by mudman1959
Old Jan 11, 2016, 09:55 AM
Team Cobra!!! Ssssssss!
Joined Feb 2005
7,874 Posts
Thank you for the kind words Lee.

Laine.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 11, 2016, 07:20 PM
Find More Posts by pecanpatch
Home of "Golf Cart Flying"
Griffin GA
Joined Aug 2008
10,019 Posts
Cool... I made sure your dad got my paintball gun that year... he had a blast doing that.
pecanpatch is online now Find More Posts by pecanpatch
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 12, 2016, 05:42 PM
Team Cobra!!! Ssssssss!
Joined Feb 2005
7,874 Posts
I appreciated it greatly Mark! He had a blast. Im trying to get him to come again this year.

Laine.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 14, 2016, 03:20 AM
Find More Posts by hallo
incorrigible model maker
Norway
Joined Feb 2014
1,194 Posts
Stacking things like that is genius, I guess you know all about using the available space to the fullest when you're used to fly helicopters. I have had the pleasure of seeing a large "slow poke" being tossed playfully around just above and on the ground and it's something else..
hallo is offline Find More Posts by hallo
Old Jan 14, 2016, 01:41 PM
Find More Posts by Fly Wheel
Ochroma Pyramidale Tekton
Blackstock, South Carolina
Joined Sep 2007
2,816 Posts
Nice design. Pity it's made out of MDF ("alphabet" for pressed lint held together with wax). I've worked with the stuff and it has little to no structural strength. They use it for the super cheap 'some assembly required' furniture you get as the X-marts. NOTE: It also 'dissolves' in water, so either paint it or don't let it get wet!

I'm not condemning Laine or his design, but would recommend he use something sturdier, ideally something like R2R Masonite (Pressed hardboard).
Fly Wheel is offline Find More Posts by Fly Wheel
Old Jan 19, 2016, 11:48 PM
Team Cobra!!! Ssssssss!
Joined Feb 2005
7,874 Posts
I will cut it from oak if you would like! Problem is cost. The MDF is quite strong, holds its shape, cuts fairly easily and i can make and ship them without being overly expensive. Some have painted them, some have clear coated them, most use them as is.

Laine
RCG Plus Member