Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Mar 31, 2006, 10:47 PM
Joined Nov 2005
4 Posts
Discussion
OS .50 SX Hyper Help

I'm pretty sure this is a tuning issue but don't know. The engine is in a Caliber 5. But here is the issue. It seems that it is just "bubbling" and "popping" a bit to much, in the lower end. I have not flown it yet for this reason. It just feels way inconsistent. When I do give it gas it does respond quite well though, no lag. Any and all help would be awsome as I am loosing my patients with this thing.
Thanks
Gobig911 is offline Find More Posts by Gobig911
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 01, 2006, 01:00 AM
HobbyKing
Hong Kong, Hong Kong Island, Hong Kong
Joined Apr 2001
4,491 Posts
Try richening the low end ever so slightly. Depending on your pipe, the popping/pinging is an indication it is lean.

--Paul
Paul Susbauer is offline Find More Posts by Paul Susbauer
Site Sponsor
Old Apr 01, 2006, 01:33 PM
Joined Nov 2005
4 Posts
Thanks for the respnse, still a little confused I just spoke with a guy at the hobby shop who said I need to lean it on the low needle??? totally the opposite of your suggestion, now I'm totally lost.....
Old Apr 01, 2006, 03:06 PM
WI
Joined Oct 2004
907 Posts
Has the (low speed) needle been changed since the factory setting?
King_Ice_Flash is offline Find More Posts by King_Ice_Flash
Old Apr 01, 2006, 04:35 PM
Joined Aug 2004
97 Posts
trying to diagnose an engine tuning problem over the net is like asking a mechanic to diagnose your car over the phone.

With the engine idling, pinch the fuel line and listen. If the rpms pick up for 3-5 seconds you are about right. If the engine dies or only picks up rpms for a sec or two before it dies you are too lean. If the Rpms stay revved up for more than 5 sec you are too rich.
Jeff H is offline Find More Posts by Jeff H
Old Apr 02, 2006, 01:03 PM
Joined Nov 2005
4 Posts
Thanks for the help I think I got it, it was running waaay rich. So I leaned it out slightly on the low end and about 1.2 turns open on the high needle. seems to be doing well. Also I did a pinch test and it responded great, leaning out for about 4 seconds.
Thanks again