Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Aug 19, 2014, 02:28 AM
Joined Sep 2013
10 Posts
Discussion
Can't update 32bit Alexmos firmware via Bluetooth (RC Desire controller)

I have a 32-bit Alexmos from RC Desire and can't figure out how to update the firmware. The board only has a bluetooth connection, no USB.

My current firmware version is 2.40 b8
The firmware I'm trying to update to is 2.42 b6

This is my first attempt at updating firmware on the board. I initially tried the method recommended by RC Desire, which is to use AVRDude to manually flash the firmware. But the program just freezes up as soon as I start the "flash" process.

I also tried the auto-update function inside the SimpleBGC GUI. But I'm getting the following error message after I hit the "Upgrade" button:

Failed to upload. Error writing firmware: Cannot run program "C:\SimpleBGC_GUI-2_42b6/bin/STMFlashLoader.exe". CreateProcess error=14001, The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect. Please see the application event log or use the command-line sxstrace.exe tool for more detail

I'm running this on a Macbook Pro inside Windows 7 (via Bootcamp).

Any idea how I can make this happen?
apextwin is offline Find More Posts by apextwin
Last edited by apextwin; Aug 19, 2014 at 04:38 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 19, 2014, 03:20 AM
Joined Sep 2013
10 Posts
Just got a reply from Alex at Basecamelectronics.com. AvrDude is apparently only for 8bit controllers. So that's probably why it's hanging on my system.
Old Aug 19, 2014, 04:56 AM
Joined Sep 2013
10 Posts
And... figured out the fix.

I did some research and installed Visual C++ 2008 and 2010 redistributable packages on my computer.

Here’s an article that describes the fix:

http://windowsinstructed.com/fix-the...right_software

After that, I rebooted and the automated firmware update in the SimpleBGC GUI worked fine via Bluetooth.