Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jun 05, 2014, 01:01 PM
kin
Joined Sep 2007
3,193 Posts
Discussion
Smartmodel EDF composite ( BaE Hawk /System Hawk for 100-110 mm)

Sorry for guys ! i leave here a year .And say sorry for the "project not finish".In the passed a year . Business finished with Fly Fly and start my own factory ...set up ..tranning ...marketing and 3-D drawing for models. ..have no time update about the new models .Today i post the models become finish is a Bae Hawk for 100-110mm fan , Length is 1520 mm ,Wing span(still thinking ).Because i want a little bit extra long for good flying preformance . This hawk are a little bigger than my old FF system hawk . Because this is BAE hawk , My old Sytem hawk(long nose) is for 90-100mm fan . The fuselage is a little bit biggerthan the FF system hawk , so i let the Bae hawk in 100-110 mm size .
kin is offline Find More Posts by kin
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by kin; Jun 13, 2014 at 11:02 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 05, 2014, 02:17 PM
EDF all the way!
Gilbert, Az
Joined Jun 1999
7,939 Posts
Looks nice.
Bob
bruff is offline Find More Posts by bruff
Old Jun 05, 2014, 04:02 PM
Fly more Foam
United States, IN, Sellersburg
Joined Jun 2004
848 Posts
With the success I have had with your FF designs, I look forward to your next offerings under your new name. A larger Hawk is a welcome sight and I have a nice fan that would power it!!
I believe a ETurbax will be just fine!!!!
More pictures as the plane is further developed so keep updating.
Thanks Kin
Good luck with the new bussiness
sam51401 is online now Find More Posts by sam51401
Old Jun 05, 2014, 07:43 PM
Joined Feb 2006
481 Posts
Viggen

Hello Kin,

Glad to see you back.

Is the Viggen still in your "to-do" list?

Thanks,

Del
delperena is online now Find More Posts by delperena
Old Jun 05, 2014, 11:43 PM
Hawk Fanatic
United States, KY, Louisville
Joined Jul 2008
7,151 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam51401 View Post
With the success I have had with your FF designs, I look forward to your next offerings under your new name. A larger Hawk is a welcome sight and I have a nice fan that would power it!!
I believe a ETurbax will be just fine!!!!
More pictures as the plane is further developed so keep updating.
Thanks Kin
Good luck with the new bussiness
What? He didn't design your foam Hawk Sam. He designed the Hawk 100 fiberglass one that I have. And if this one is done in the same length and a slightly larger wingspan, then you'll be looking at the AMD hawk all over again. Lets hope not though as the hawk is by far my favorite jet and I will need this one too. LOL. It just depends on how scale he makes the intakes.
SkylineFlyer is online now Find More Posts by SkylineFlyer
Last edited by SkylineFlyer; Jun 06, 2014 at 12:02 AM.
Old Jun 05, 2014, 11:57 PM
Hawk Fanatic
United States, KY, Louisville
Joined Jul 2008
7,151 Posts
FlyFly Hawk Foamie Length - 1465mm / Wingspan - 1365mm

FlyFly Hawk 100 Fiberglass Length - 1500 mm / Wingspan - 1200 mm

Kin's New Hawk Length - 1520mm / Wingspan - TBD

AMD Hawk Length - 1430mm / Wingspan - 1360mm

It appears that the AMD Hawk and the FlyFly Hawk foamie mimic each other in length and wingspan. The FlyFly Hawk 100 does have a higher wing loading, but closer to scale intakes, a thinner wing and unbelievably fast.

I look forward to seeing Kin's new hawk as well. Being that its not the Hawk 100, it will have a shorter nose, yet it will be 20mm longer than the FlyFly Hawk 100. I'm curious KIN as to when you think you might be going into production with this plane.

Your FlyFly Hawk 100 is absolutely beautiful and its my favorite flyer!
SkylineFlyer is online now Find More Posts by SkylineFlyer
Old Jun 06, 2014, 04:23 AM
Now, what does this button do?
Christchurch. NZ
Joined Dec 2009
512 Posts
Quote:
Is the Viggen still in your "to-do" list?
Please, yes!
Nukiwi is offline Find More Posts by Nukiwi
Old Jun 06, 2014, 10:41 AM
kin
Joined Sep 2007
3,193 Posts
it my passed experence and the market power system are going up and be much better power , so the size go a little bigger is need . i will let the size bigger and it can much better preformance than size small . This short nose BAE hawk everything is done now , the mold is done about three month ago , The wing now using this ep-retract gear , (http://www.smartmodel.com.hk/product...0&image=image1 ) and cnc scale retract , the retract gear is same my old FF Systen Hawk 100 . The balsa wing version is come out middle this month , I have finished the wing drawing and chose the airfoil , For the FF hawk experience , the ep retractgear is so hard to fit the FF hawk airfoil , So this time i make the airfoil a little thicker . the airfoil is semi symemtical . The FF system Hawk i use F3b airfoil so it is very fast speed very less drag . This time i make this BAE hawk with choice airfoil a little lower speed but very good in landing and lower speed . i want the preformance more better in slow speed , so i have use thicker airfoil , The second point is let it easy to install the retract gear . This time the scale parts will more than before .especial the tail bottom included the ( landing cable hook ) .and the small fin . the wing information will update tomorrow , Next question the Viggen still good in market ???? it is my important decision , because the mold not cheap
if the market result is not that good future . i afraid the cost return problem . Can you let me some commend about Viggen ,
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 06, 2014, 11:00 AM
kin
Joined Sep 2007
3,193 Posts
How i have busy in a Cessna 3.0 m full composite , after this models mold completed next month . this Bae Hawk( composite wing version ) start to build the wing mold . The following plan is a Vipper Jet -100 -110 mm , F-16 in end of the year , i think Oct-Nov. But in this moment , i let the Bae Hawk come out this month first . I will post the update information . And thinking which colour scheme in first batch ?
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 06, 2014, 12:12 PM
Sollentuna,Sweden
Joined Sep 2000
427 Posts
Please make the Viggen.
There seem to be allot of interest in the forums when the Viggen is mentioned.
Mikael is online now Find More Posts by Mikael
Old Jun 06, 2014, 01:51 PM
EDF Jet Jam May 2014
United States, KY, Crestview Hills
Joined Dec 2000
6,402 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kin View Post
How i have busy in a Cessna 3.0 m full composite , after this models mold completed next month . this Bae Hawk( composite wing version ) start to build the wing mold . The following plan is a Vipper Jet -100 -110 mm , F-16 in end of the year , i think Oct-Nov. But in this moment , i let the Bae Hawk come out this month first . I will post the update information . And thinking which colour scheme in first batch ?
Please NO More Viper Jets! I vote for the Viggen too. Why not do a a T-45 Goshawk like the US Navy uses?
Robert Belluomini is offline Find More Posts by Robert Belluomini
Old Jun 06, 2014, 01:55 PM
Canada, ON, Burlington
Joined Jan 2009
2,916 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Belluomini View Post
Please NO More Viper Jets! I vote for the Viggen too. Why not do a a T-45 Goshawk like the US Navy uses?
Yes, the T45! Too many Hawks already...
4stripes is offline Find More Posts by 4stripes
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Some photos of the EDF fleet!
Old Jun 06, 2014, 02:24 PM
Do it Right, the first time!
United States, MN, Hermantown
Joined Dec 2008
5,158 Posts
What ever became of the F-15?

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1197619

Posts #1 and #4
CoolerByTheLake is offline Find More Posts by CoolerByTheLake
Old Jun 07, 2014, 08:11 AM
kin
Joined Sep 2007
3,193 Posts
The Goshawk colour is no problem ., i already have the sticker file , just print out for water sticker . very easy .But why not paint a new colour like this ??
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by kin; Jun 07, 2014 at 08:17 AM.
Old Jun 07, 2014, 09:41 AM
kin
Joined Sep 2007
3,193 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolerByTheLake View Post
What ever became of the F-15?

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1197619

Posts #1 and #4
Let see this year have time for F-15 or not , but it is my love one !
RCG Plus Member